Willow comes to BR next year!

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98055

willowbluray.jpg

I dig the box art!

I have to wonder if the release dates are placeholder, but Who Framed Roger Rabbit is currently scheduled for the same day! I will have the biggest grin in that checkout line lol.

Just pray Ron Howard doesn't pull a Lucas and re do scenes with more CG. :| I hope they can fix some of the know compositing issues from that era. If not I'll take it for what it is and trade in my DVD release when the next trade and save hits bb.

Watched it not long ago. It was not as good as I remember, does not hold up. Be warned, but that's my opinion.

I loved this as a kid, but watched it a year or two back and didn't care much for it. Just didn't age well for me I guess.

[quote name='b3b0p']Watched it not long ago. It was not as good as I remember, does not hold up. Be warned, but that's my opinion.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmaul1114']I loved this as a kid, but watched it a year or two back and didn't care much for it. Just didn't age well for me I guess.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DestroVega']Definitely a bad movie with age. I would love to watch it again on BD. would not buy.[/QUOTE]
Lol, I call bullshit. I've seen this movie over the years and it only gets better and better. Then again, I dig dark fantasy and stop motion so that adds a lot.

I played the shit outta the game, watched the movie too many times and yes, i remember the cups....my first thought was Hardee's though. Went there allot to collect the California raisins dudes

[quote name='Jodou']PSA, it's $16.99 to pre-order right now on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Preordered. Hopefully it drops in price a little bit.

[quote name='Jodou']I just came. I'M fuckING STOKED![/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone has a little person fetish. :oops:

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, I call bullshit. I've seen this movie over the years and it only gets better and better. Then again, I dig dark fantasy and stop motion so that adds a lot.[/QUOTE]
- Same here. I absolutely love Willow. Every time someone says "Peck", I can't help but snicker.

[quote name='shadowkast']I played the shit outta the game[/QUOTE]
- Capcom did a great job with the arcade game. I'm not as big of a fan of the NES game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmm, why was this moved to the BR/DVD deals forum?[/QUOTE]

It comes out in less than a month, not a bad time to start talking about deals.

$17 is too much for it IMO. I'm sure I'll be able to pick it up for $10 soon enough.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmm, why was this moved to the BR/DVD deals forum?[/QUOTE]That might be why:

[quote name='Jodou']PSA, it's $16.99 to pre-order right now on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

And it's a better fit in here right now as we're a month from release.

[quote name='shrike4242']That might be why:

And it's a better fit in here right now as we're a month from release.[/QUOTE]

Really? I was just hoping to talk about the movie itself and the changes made for the BR.

Thread had sunk like a stone, and would have again shortly after getting bumped.

Hard to get much discussion even about new releases in the Off Topic forum, much less older catalog titles coming out on Blu, unfortunately.

Price has dropped to $14.99 on Amazon. Couldn't find who they were price matching but I'll take it!

Of note, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is also $16.99 next week at either BB or Amazon, whoever you'd rather do business with.

[quote name='Jodou']Price has dropped to $14.99 on Amazon. Couldn't find who they were price matching but I'll take it!

Of note, Who Framed Roger Rabbit is also $16.99 next week at either BB or Amazon, whoever you'd rather do business with.[/QUOTE]
They PMed BestBuy. :applause: can't wait for both!

[quote name='Mako1215']What's Willow?[/QUOTE]

Its kind of a poor mans Lord of the Rings. It wasn't received all that well back in the day but I always loved it. I would recommend it though. I have the dvd and I'm buying this now.

Just waiting for the Burbs for my blu ray fantasies to come true.

I don't know how it did box-office wise or anything, because I wasn't even aware of that stuff back then, but everyone I know that grew up around that time loved it. And honestly, if you like fantasy movies I don't see how you couldn't still love it - great movie.

I missed this thread back in Dec, and from the title was thinking at first that it was coming out NEXT year. But next week, for $15? Ordered. :D

Got mine today from Amazon watching now, the audio and video quality are awesome! They did a great job on it. The cover art is pretty cool as well.

I watched everything on the disc back to back. The deleted scenes were completely new and it's crazy how much work went into some scenes that were cut. That and finding out they spent seven months building castle sets is just mind-blowing. That's how you make movies legit, fuck CGI.

bread's done
Back