Photo
- - - - -

Toys R Us Skylanders Giants single figures $4.79 and $9.99 1600 Microsoft Points YMMV

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

No 1600 point digital cards at the TRU I checked. They had other values, but not that one.

#32 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Yes, matched it up exactly, down to the sharp corners (some have rounded corners). I actually went so far as to buy it just in case the discount came up during checkout. So now I own a MSRP points card. Oh well.

#33 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

In case there are any CAGs near me, this deal worked at the Toysrus in Wayne, NJ. I made my purchase around midnight, at 12:05am so I'm not sure if it's still active now. This is the card that rang up $9.99:

Posted Image

Are these the new 1600 MSP now?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#34 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

There were two different types of card. One is paper and says digital code on it. The other is plastic and has the code scratch off panel on the back.

#35 Nugzy

Nugzy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Definitely dead. Just tried it.

#36 xpitch

xpitch

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

The store in Totowa NJ has only the Spyro's Adventure single characters as part of the $5.99 promotion, not the new Giants.

I'm going to check the msp card when I go to work tonight.
XBL: xpitch

#37 cLoso

cLoso

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

In case there are any CAGs near me, this deal worked at the Toysrus in Wayne, NJ. I made my purchase around midnight, at 12:05am so I'm not sure if it's still active now. This is the card that rang up $9.99:

Posted Image

I was there just yesterday, wish I could have scored that deal! I assume this is dead by now?

#38 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Skylanders giants singles are still on sale. Combined with groupon and $1 filler =$2.50 a skylander. I now regret buying so many during the b2g1 at best buy

#39 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Wow, didn't know there were so many CAGs in my area! Going to the Rockaway, NJ TRU in a few minutes, will post what I find there (also looking for the $10 Wii games which is showing out of stock everywhere in North Jersey).
Posted Image

#40 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Wow, didn't know there were so many CAGs in my area! Going to the Rockaway, NJ TRU in a few minutes, will post what I find there (also looking for the $10 Wii games which is showing out of stock everywhere in North Jersey).

I work at the Rockaway Toys R Us. Let me know if the deal is still alive so I can go back there after being there all day.

#41 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I work at the Rockaway Toys R Us. Let me know if the deal is still alive so I can go back there after being there all day.

No good. I saw they still had stacks of the MSP cards at the place and got happy, but the guy tested it for me and it rang up $19.99. Wanted to stack up before the Christmas sales, but no biggie.

Also, only the original Skylanders were ringing up $5.99. The singles for the Giants still came up as $9.99.
Posted Image

#42 Gary71313

Gary71313

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

No good. I saw they still had stacks of the MSP cards at the place and got happy, but the guy tested it for me and it rang up $19.99. Wanted to stack up before the Christmas sales, but no biggie.

Also, only the original Skylanders were ringing up $5.99. The singles for the Giants still came up as $9.99.

Thanks for letting me know. I really don't feel like going back to that place until I have to tomorrow. I work in R Zone sometimes so I've probably seen you there. Small world.

#43 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

I'm glad I work at Best buy and right next to Toys R Us and Target so I can check things like this out when I see it on here. Thanks for the heads up OP, always looking for cheap MSP and seeing as there is that Massive microsoft sale coming up, gotta stock up!!

Cool! You must be working at Emeryville, CA!

#44 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Skylanders giants singles are still on sale. Combined with groupon and $1 filler =$2.50 a skylander. I now regret buying so many during the b2g1 at best buy

Buy new ones and return them at Best Buy.

#45 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Buy new ones and return them at Best Buy.

Sadly, the best buy glitch was on release day so it's pass the return period.