Toys R Us Skylanders Giants single figures $4.79 and $9.99 1600 Microsoft Points YMMV

Fistar

CAGiversary!
Keep in mind this is extremely YMMV!!

Just got back from my Toys R Us, would of posted this a lot earlier, but I worked till close. The Skylanders Giants figures were ringing up $5.99 each plus you can use the 20% off coupon from the Friday/Saturday flyer, which they have in store. Thats around $4.79 a figure!!
Plus you also get a $10 gift card when you spend $30 or more on Skylanders!!!

edit: It is only on the regular sized giant singles, legendary stealth elf is not included.

ALSO the 1600 Microsoft points card was ringing up $9.99 as opposed to the normal $19.99. Keep in mind it is only the digital one. The one that prints the code on the receipt. (Not the scratch off one).

edit: this only works on the points card that has no game pictured on the top (aka the Fifa 13 card). The cards are with the rest of 1600 point cards, they are the paper ones. There is no scratch off for them, the code just prints with the receipt, and it rings up 9.99, so it should pop up as soon as its scanned.
Managed to pick myself up 7 skylanders giants figures and a 1600 points card for only $44.69 with tax, and I got a $10 gift card. I freakin cleaned house!

Really wish I coulda posted this earlier...who knows if it will be like this tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read on the TRU Ad 12/16 - 12/22 that someone saw a person purchase 9 boxes full of skylanders and I'm guessing this was why. Got to run by TRU in the morning anyway so I'll see if its the same at mine.

So there is no way to check the price of the 1600 points untill it prints? I'll be right near there in the morning and would like to stock up on points. Guess I could always "buy" one and if it's not $9.99 i'll just change my mind and walk away.

Do these print in electronics register or is their a kiosk? Sorry I never go to TRU but thanks for heads up.

Of all the times for me to delete an e-mail from TRU that I might need. They slam my inbox at least 5 times a day.

Oh well, I'll probably still go for this. Thanks OP!

I'm glad I work at Best buy and right next to Toys R Us and Target so I can check things like this out when I see it on here. Thanks for the heads up OP, always looking for cheap MSP and seeing as there is that Massive microsoft sale coming up, gotta stock up!!

yea I am wondering how receipt points work too I only heard of the cards. How do you get those? Ae they limited on the amount you can buy?

[quote name='Fistar']Keep in mind this is extremely YMMV!!

Just got back from my Toys R Us, would of posted this a lot earlier, but I worked till close. The Skylanders Giants figures were ringing up $5.99 each plus you can use the 20% off coupon from the Friday/Saturday flyer, which they have in store. Thats around $4.79 a figure!!
Plus you also get a $10 gift card when you spend $30 or more on Skylanders!!!

ALSO the 1600 Microsoft points card was ringing up $9.99 as opposed to the normal $19.99. Keep in mind it is only the digital one. The one that prints the code on the receipt. (Not the scratch off one).

Managed to pick myself up 7 skylanders giants figures and a 1600 points card for only $44.69 with tax, and I got a $10 gift card. I freakin cleaned house!

Really wish I coulda posted this earlier...who knows if it will be like this tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Does that include the Big Giant figures or only the Small Giant figures?

Tried Crusher Giants figure (an actual giant) and it rang up full price. Tried the FIFA 1600pt digital card and rang up 19.99

But are the regular (non-lightcore) and small giants characters and series 2 original characters ringing up $6.99 like on the website?

[quote name='hoofrog']Deal for points was for receipt points, not cards. So that needs to be tested if er can get instructions on how.[/QUOTE]

I am going back in today, I will have someone confirm whether or not it works still, because I will be unable to post until I get out tonight. I made it more clear about the cards in the topic as well. They are just the paper (not plastic) cards, and instead of a scratch off code, the code prints on a receipt. Its some dumb new way they are sending them.

1215121319.jpg

This card rang up $9.99 for me at my local Toysrus in Wayne, NJ at around midnight, 12:05 am. Not sure if deal is still active there.

In case there are any CAGs near me, this deal worked at the Toysrus in Wayne, NJ. I made my purchase around midnight, at 12:05am so I'm not sure if it's still active now. This is the card that rang up $9.99:

xboxpoints.png

Yes, matched it up exactly, down to the sharp corners (some have rounded corners). I actually went so far as to buy it just in case the discount came up during checkout. So now I own a MSRP points card. Oh well.

[quote name='Psyae']In case there are any CAGs near me, this deal worked at the Toysrus in Wayne, NJ. I made my purchase around midnight, at 12:05am so I'm not sure if it's still active now. This is the card that rang up $9.99:

xboxpoints.png
[/QUOTE]
Are these the new 1600 MSP now?

There were two different types of card. One is paper and says digital code on it. The other is plastic and has the code scratch off panel on the back.

The store in Totowa NJ has only the Spyro's Adventure single characters as part of the $5.99 promotion, not the new Giants.

I'm going to check the msp card when I go to work tonight.

[quote name='Psyae']In case there are any CAGs near me, this deal worked at the Toysrus in Wayne, NJ. I made my purchase around midnight, at 12:05am so I'm not sure if it's still active now. This is the card that rang up $9.99:

xboxpoints.png
[/QUOTE]

I was there just yesterday, wish I could have scored that deal! I assume this is dead by now?

Skylanders giants singles are still on sale. Combined with groupon and $1 filler =$2.50 a skylander. I now regret buying so many during the b2g1 at best buy

Wow, didn't know there were so many CAGs in my area! Going to the Rockaway, NJ TRU in a few minutes, will post what I find there (also looking for the $10 Wii games which is showing out of stock everywhere in North Jersey).

[quote name='Manifest95']Wow, didn't know there were so many CAGs in my area! Going to the Rockaway, NJ TRU in a few minutes, will post what I find there (also looking for the $10 Wii games which is showing out of stock everywhere in North Jersey).[/QUOTE]

I work at the Rockaway Toys R Us. Let me know if the deal is still alive so I can go back there after being there all day.

[quote name='Gary71313']I work at the Rockaway Toys R Us. Let me know if the deal is still alive so I can go back there after being there all day.[/QUOTE]

No good. I saw they still had stacks of the MSP cards at the place and got happy, but the guy tested it for me and it rang up $19.99. Wanted to stack up before the Christmas sales, but no biggie.

Also, only the original Skylanders were ringing up $5.99. The singles for the Giants still came up as $9.99.

[quote name='Manifest95']No good. I saw they still had stacks of the MSP cards at the place and got happy, but the guy tested it for me and it rang up $19.99. Wanted to stack up before the Christmas sales, but no biggie.

Also, only the original Skylanders were ringing up $5.99. The singles for the Giants still came up as $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. I really don't feel like going back to that place until I have to tomorrow. I work in R Zone sometimes so I've probably seen you there. Small world.

[quote name='thereefernander']I'm glad I work at Best buy and right next to Toys R Us and Target so I can check things like this out when I see it on here. Thanks for the heads up OP, always looking for cheap MSP and seeing as there is that Massive microsoft sale coming up, gotta stock up!![/QUOTE]

Cool! You must be working at Emeryville, CA!

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Skylanders giants singles are still on sale. Combined with groupon and $1 filler =$2.50 a skylander. I now regret buying so many during the b2g1 at best buy[/QUOTE]

Buy new ones and return them at Best Buy.

[quote name='GodofGambler']Buy new ones and return them at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
Sadly, the best buy glitch was on release day so it's pass the return period.

bread's done
Back