Rage (PC) $5.99 with free shipping @Newegg.com

Yup, that's worth it.

Scorchers DLC is right around the corner, too.
Hopefully, that'll fix the {base game's} poor ending...

newegg must have a huge backstock of this game, they seem to put it on sale every 2 or 3 weeks

before anyone asks, yes it redeems on steam its steamworks title which means you can add it to your steam library

I think I have it on my hard drive right now, but I don't think its 25 gigabytes.

Okay, I checked, its 21.2 gigabytes. Damn. Thats close enough.

I will check out the news about Scorchers DLC, haven't heard of that before.

[quote name='MysterD']Yup, that's worth it.

Scorchers DLC is right around the corner, too.
Hopefully, that'll fix the {base game's} poor ending...[/QUOTE]
Calling that an ending is disrespectful to the word "ending"

[quote name='TooPoor']Calling that an ending is disrespectful to the word "ending"[/QUOTE]

You definitely got a great point there.

The "ending"...there really isn't one.
It's abrupt and seems to end in the midst of the beginning of the next chapter - just like Gothic 1's "ending."

[quote name='Diad']Dang, 25GB requirement for storage... Is this an MMORPG? lol[/QUOTE]

It's probably the whole "megatextures" thing.
It is said, Carmack's original textures for the game were over 100 GB's.

And also - Max Payne 3 is around 29.1 GB....
{shrug}

So checked out Scorchers, its $5/400 msp out next week, dang was hoping it would be free on PC. Maybe it will be on sale for Steam Winter Sale, usually brand new DLC isn't, but this is 15 months after game launched and its not called Skyrim.

It doesn't say that it adds any co-op, so thats a bummer.

Lets you play beyond the ending, thats good for finishing up loose ends.

I ordered this for $4.99 last month from NewEgg and I, like others here at CAG, received the Anarchy Edition. It wasn't mentioned as being that version on the NewEgg page, so that was a nice bonus. Of course, YMMV as I'm not sure if the remaining stock will be this version.

[quote name='MysterD']It's probably the whole "megatextures" thing.
It is said, Carmack's original textures for the game were over 100 GB's.

And also - Max Payne 3 is around 29.1 GB....
{shrug}[/QUOTE]

I keep hoping that ID will release the 100Gbyte texture pack for Rage. 2560x1440 or all the new 4k stuff might be enough to benefit from it.

[quote name='Cutrate']I keep hoping that ID will release the 100Gbyte texture pack for Rage. 2560x1440 or all the new 4k stuff might be enough to benefit from it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

Though, Id also needs to make the game-engine perform better on the PC, as well.
It needs optimization.
I can't run it well on my rig @1920x1080...PERIOD.
Had to drop it down a bit.

While character models and terrain look amazing, textures....ewwwwwwwww.

bread's done
Back