Photo
- - - - -

Wii $69 at Walmart (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 srac84

srac84

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

no one else find it for that price? i wonder if we can just call out local walmart and ask that way it wont be a wasted trip :p

#62 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

The more recent versions of the wii removed gamecube backwards compatibility just like the PS3 versions did with PS2 backward compatibility.

Any idea how to differentiate between the two?

#63 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Any idea how to differentiate between the two?

The Wii logo on the non-GC one is parallel with the longest side of the Wii. As well as it lacking GameCube ports...

#64 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

The Wii logo on the non-GC one is parallel with the longest side of the Wii. As well as it lacking GameCube ports...

Genius!

d'oh, shoulda thought of that. thanks

#65 pwhitenight

pwhitenight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Just get a Roku if that's all he wants, will work better than any Wii for video streaming. Does the Wii even stream in HD? I don't think it does, whereas a Roku or G-Box will.

EDIT: Just checked, the Wii can't stream HD (no surprise since its max output is 480p). Why would anyone want to use the Wii for streaming, when all you get is crappy SD?

Actually, that's a damn good idea. My Dad uses a Wii to stream Netflix, and wanted to get another for a secondary TV. I use my Xbox 360 and PS3 for streaming, so I haven't ever considered Roku. It looks like that will be a cheaper (and better) solution. Thanks fellow CAG!

Now I wish I could get back the time I spent looking at those two Wal-marts. Ugh.

#66 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Actually, that's a damn good idea. My Dad uses a Wii to stream Netflix, and wanted to get another for a secondary TV. I use my Xbox 360 and PS3 for streaming, so I haven't ever considered Roku. It looks like that will be a cheaper (and better) solution. Thanks fellow CAG!

Now I wish I could get back the time I spent looking at those two Wal-marts. Ugh.

No problem! I have a friend who has a Roku XS and loves it. I think that one is around $99, but there is a cheaper Roku as well. And there is the G-Box (Google Box), which is very powerful, but may need more tweaking to get working well.

You're much better off with one of those, than a Wii, which only outputs SD (max 480p).

#67 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

Maybe he got it in the parking lot:

http://www.komonews....-183821091.html

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#68 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

Maybe he got it in the parking lot:

http://www.komonews....-183821091.html

Daaaaaaamn lol. Someone is gonna have trouble offloading these.

#69 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

damn, and thieves get confused between Wii and Wii U.

#70 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

My original wii also came with a stand so that you can place it vertically. It doesn't appear that the new version has the stand.

#71 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

So apparently, it was 7,000 Wii U's stolen, not Wii.

That is going to hurt them.

#72 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Wow. Just saw this on the local news today. Did not expect something like this to happen so close.