Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#271 JWolff55

JWolff55

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for the info. My cousin and I got some sweet deals!!!

#272 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Considering grabbing the Z Gundam volumes, but trying to find out if it's the version I don't want.

Because I remember that one version had an issue where it used "dubtitles". Where it used the dub's script instead of the actual translated japanese dialogue. I know one version fixed it, but can't remember how to tell the difference.

Maybe someone who has bought them can confirm if these are or are not the version I'm trying to avoid.

#273 milleniumbugx

milleniumbugx

Hustle 'n Flow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Considering grabbing the Z Gundam volumes, but trying to find out if it's the version I don't want.

Because I remember that one version had an issue where it used "dubtitles". Where it used the dub's script instead of the actual translated japanese dialogue. I know one version fixed it, but can't remember how to tell the difference.

Maybe someone who has bought them can confirm if these are or are not the version I'm trying to avoid.

Based on my research so far, the Zeta singles and Anime Legends sets have corrected subtitles, while the initial big box release had the dubtitles.

#274 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

What whole series are available for cheap?
Posted Image

#275 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

What whole series are available for cheap?

Haruhi, kinda. It is still $25 but you get a ton of CDs and extras and stuff.

Gurren Lagann is also cheap if you don't mind not having a dub.

Gundam 00 Season 1 is cheap.

Everything else has one volume that is sky high in price.

#276 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Can someone please fix the title of this thread because that typo is bugging the hell out of me

I keep misreading and wondering when Amazon got a whorehouse.
FadeToOne.png

#277 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Haruhi, kinda. It is still $25 but you get a ton of CDs and extras and stuff.

Gurren Lagann is also cheap if you don't mind not having a dub.

Gundam 00 Season 1 is cheap.

Everything else has one volume that is sky high in price.

Gurren isn't available complete. Volume 3 is expensive.

#278 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, I picked up the cheap Gurren LE on here, and liked it so much that I was bummed when I saw the vol 3 price. Ended up buying the whole series in the anime legends box set.

#279 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Almost bit on Haruhi, but decided against it. Not having the full LE set would bother me if I like the series. Ghost Slayers Ayashi isn't even worth the cheap price.

My Otome Zwei is a by the numbers anime. It's a sequel, but the plot is contained. Something you can watch while being distracted with something else. Not bad at all really.

The Gurren Lagann Limited Edition is fantastic, don't even think about it. Love it for the box alone.
Posted Image

#280 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Just the big special edition box that has all the extras has the dubtitles

#281 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Can some provide link for the complete sets? I feel like I'm gonna make a mistake.
Posted Image

#282 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

FINALLY found the 3rd $2 T-shirt set:

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Vol. 6 LE $2.19

I have no clue what the shirt looks like (both Google and eBay have failed me today) but from what I read in the Amazon comments, it's an Adult Large.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#283 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I bought it when it first came out. It is just the series logo.

Got my package today. Got the LE for Lucky Star Vol. 4 too.

#284 jbug617

jbug617

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Can some provide link for the complete sets? I feel like I'm gonna make a mistake.

same here please. Nothing sucks more than buying an incomplete set.

#285 G33

G33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

I have no clue what the shirt looks like (both Google and eBay have failed me today) but from what I read in the Amazon comments, it's an Adult Large.

From Rightstuf's product page here.

#286 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

If anyone is still riding the fence on Haruhi:

On rightstuf you can get the complete Haruhi Set for $30 which is $4 more than buying the season 1 LEs here and without the extra stuff.

Kind of a toss up if you want the whole series or are content with having a bunch of extras in favor or the complete series

EDIT: look at the post below: it's just the first season in my link. You spend less money on Amazon's box sets

Edited by KonohaShinobi, 05 January 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#287 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Kind of a toss up if you want the whole series or are content with having a bunch of extras in favor or the complete series

This part seems a bit misleading, and I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading this post. The item on RS that you linked to is just the first season. It read as though you were saying that you'd get more of the show out of the Anime Legends set, but it's just the 4 discs of Season 1.

The only reason I could see wanting to spend $4 more for the one at RS is if you wanted to have it in the same style case as Season 2.

#288 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

From Rightstuf's product page here.

Anyone know what size the shirt is?

#289 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Showing $6.69 from Amazon Warehouse for me, and another (New) $4.97 from Transaction Holdings Retail, fulfilled by Amazon. Also see a seller called wherehouse. . .

#290 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Anyone know what size the shirt is?

Usually L or XL.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#291 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Showing $6.69 from Amazon Warehouse for me

Yeah, looks like quite a few of the $2 sets went up to $6 now. Nice looking logo shirt. I actually saw that pic around Google, but didn't realize it was volume 6 since the Gundam on the other side of the box isn't how Amazon shows it.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#292 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

I bought it when it first came out. It is just the series logo.

Got my package today. Got the LE for Lucky Star Vol. 4 too.

I also got the Limited Edition volume 4 of Lucky star when I ordered the standard.

#293 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

I also got the Limited Edition volume 4 of Lucky star when I ordered the standard.

Congrats to all of you! I am jealous, but awesome some are getting it. Ok, I am going to try another and hope for the best, a double-dip of $7 isn't bad and I'm sure I could sell it to local anime shop for almost that price, considering Bandai/OOP.

I notice Amazon Warehouse still has 300~400 left. Everyone that got Lucky Star Vol.4 LE, did you order last month when sale first came up and there was 999+ in stock? I think, I didn't check this title but the Haruhi had 999+.

#294 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Congrats to all of you! I am jealous, but awesome some are getting it. Ok, I am going to try another and hope for the best, a double-dip of $7 isn't bad and I'm sure I could sell it to local anime shop for almost that price, considering Bandai/OOP.

I notice Amazon Warehouse still has 300~400 left. Everyone that got Lucky Star Vol.4 LE, did you order last month when sale first came up and there was 999+ in stock? I think, I didn't check this title but the Haruhi had 999+.

I literally ordered it yesterday and since I have amazon prime I got it today

#295 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

I'm gonna guess it's not accidental w/ haruhi but they just have them all mixed together and dont differentiate between the LE or standard for thay particular part.

#296 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

I literally ordered it yesterday and since I have amazon prime I got it today

It's probably because of your location, that's why you got it so early. Unless the Mailing Gods were looking at you with favor.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#297 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

This part seems a bit misleading, and I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading this post. The item on RS that you linked to is just the first season. It read as though you were saying that you'd get more of the show out of the Anime Legends set, but it's just the 4 discs of Season 1.

The only reason I could see wanting to spend $4 more for the one at RS is if you wanted to have it in the same style case as Season 2.

Oh wow, alright that's confusing to call it a complete collection and just be the first season

Thanks for this!

#298 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Oh wow, alright that's confusing to call it a complete collection and just be the first season

When it was first released it WAS the Complete Collection.

#299 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I Just put in a order for Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection Three and Collection Four for $3.75 each.They also have Voltron Collection 5 and 7 for $3.75.

VOL:3 Links:http://www.amazon.co...tron Collection

VOL:4 http://www.amazon.co...tron Collection

VOL:5 http://www.amazon.co...tron Collection

I also ordered IGPX Volume 1(Special Edition) for $2.19 it includes a T-Shirt.
Link: http://www.amazon.co...1&keywords=IGPX

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#300 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Went ahead and made a second order and ordered Voltron Collection 7 all i need to finish my collection is Vol.1,Vol.2,and Vol.8

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!