Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#301 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Does the vehicle Voltron come in a tin for Vol6-8? I have all lion Voltron Vol1-5, and they are all tins. Would rather the full set matched.

#302 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

When ordering the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Special Editions:

Did anyone order the regular Melancholy Vol 1 bundle but receive the Vol 1 Special Edition instead?

Not sure what you mean. As far as I'm aware, vol 1 has the Limited Edition, the standard edition, and the bundle edition. I don't think there is a "special edition" outside of the limited. Bundle comes with two cds and the first DVD, Limited I think has two different cds and the big huge box set.

Did you mean order the regular edition and receive the bundle?

#303 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Not sure what you mean. As far as I'm aware, vol 1 has the Limited Edition, the standard edition, and the bundle edition. I don't think there is a "special edition" outside of the limited. Bundle comes with two cds and the first DVD, Limited I think has two different cds and the big huge box set.

Did you mean order the regular edition and receive the bundle?

Sorry about the mix-up. What I meant to say was:

Did anyone order the Haruhi Vol. 1 Bundle (http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0013B1RN4) but receive the Vol 1. Limited Edition instead?

#304 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

I did not, and I don't recall anyone saying that they had done so. Lucky Star 4 is the only one that comes to mind.

#305 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Looks like they dropped the Kurokami Vol. 1 DVD to $2.18. So now you can get 3/4 of the series for $6.54. But much like Hayate, that final volume DVD is the rare expensive disc of the show.

#306 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Looks like they dropped the Kurokami Vol. 1 DVD to $2.18. So now you can get 3/4 of the series for $6.54. But much like Hayate, that final volume DVD is the rare expensive disc of the show.

Nice, minus the last volume issue. But I'm still holding out for the :br:

#307 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Does the vehicle Voltron come in a tin for Vol6-8? I have all lion Voltron Vol1-5, and they are all tins. Would rather the full set matched.

The vehicle series sets came in cardboard boxes of similar size to the lion series tins. They were simply square boxes that the top came off of (like a shoebox would).

#308 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Just got my order from amazon monday. They put everything in a big box with no real padding and just those air tube balloon things. Toys 'R Us did the same exact thing for me once too. But at least nothing appeared to be damaged at all.

The Gurren Lagann big red box is really nice and comes with Vol 1 & 2 of the DVD's plus that drill nite light thing that still worked really well. It opens on the side where the mouth is and then flips back open. Has a small on and off switch on it. Also it may have the dub after all. I haven't watched the DVD's yet but it does say English 5.1 and Japanese 2.0 audio on the back of both DVD cases. Also claims to have 1:78:1 anamorphic widescreen too. And I think the anime legends version said 4:3. So is this fake widescreen?

My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Is up to $6.69 now.

Ghost Slayers Ayashi: Part I (w/ Book)

Is up to $6.68 as well. And I got both of these and Hellsing Ultimate bluray/dvd combo pack vol. 2.

#309 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

The anime legends set are the same discs as volumes 1-6. And yes it has a dub but there is a version that came before with just subs.

#310 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

My Otome Zwei wasn't bad. Anyone who knows more about the series, I'm a bit confused. Is My Otome a prequel to that? What about My Hime? I'd like to watch in order.

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#311 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

My Otome Zwei wasn't bad. Anyone who knows more about the series, I'm a bit confused. Is My Otome a prequel to that? What about My Hime? I'd like to watch in order.

My Hime is an alternate setting of that world. So it's got similar things in it, but is a completely different world.

My Otome is the main TV series for the other setting. There were two OVA series. My Otome Zero was a prequel to the TV series. My Otome Zwei is a sequel to the tv series.

#312 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

My Hime is an alternate setting of that world. So it's got similar things in it, but is a completely different world.

My Otome is the main TV series for the other setting. There were two OVA series. My Otome Zero was a prequel to the TV series. My Otome Zwei is a sequel to the tv series.

thanks

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#313 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I literally ordered it yesterday and since I have amazon prime I got it today

Thanks to this post and a few others reporting (newer posts since the deal has been live a long while) of ordering Lucky Star Vol.4 from Amazon Warehouse and getting the LE instead, I ordered it again a few days ago. I'm now happy I too got the Limited Edition Volume 4!!! Awesome, I know Vol.6 did not get a LE in NA, and the normal Vol.6 is rare, so I'm on the lookout for that :D

Few posts up someone asked about Haruhi Vol.1 Bundle, I got the Vol.1 Bundle as ordered (not LE which is an art box, that is rare+expensive). But for ~$6 it comes with volume+some cds and completes Season 1, so it's very worth it to me collection purposes wise. Although, the extra DVDs in Vol.2-4 with original air date episodes contain the full series, right? Years ago I watched the fansub, before it was licensed, in air date order and it made sense that way. So I want to avoid watching it in chronological order like Bandai NA put them in.

Thanks to this thread, I too am on the look out for Gurren Lagann Part 3 (last 2 volumes) as I dislike incomplete series. But cheap LE's were too hard to pass up.

#314 Dmonrei

Dmonrei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

For those that bit on Gundam 00 a couple notes:

1. I found Season 1 part 2 SE at my local Fry's for $10.23 + tax (and returned my non SE to Amazon), so if you are looking for the SE, you might want to check your local FRY's as it's cheaper than buying it off of Amazon. According to the Fry's website, some of their other stores have the other volumes "in stores" as well, though none of my local Fry's has any of the rarer ones. Incredibly YMMV.

2. Season 2 part 4 just received a little price drop on Amazon from $44.98 down to $32.99, not sure if you guys are willing to take a chance and wait it out or buy it now, but it's still a bit of a saving compared to the usual price.

http://www.amazon.co...season 2 part 4

#315 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

For those that bit on Gundam 00 a couple notes:

1. I found Season 1 part 2 SE at my local Fry's for $10.23 + tax (and returned my non SE to Amazon), so if you are looking for the SE, you might want to check your local FRY's as it's cheaper than buying it off of Amazon. According to the Fry's website, some of their other stores have the other volumes "in stores" as well, though none of my local Fry's has any of the rarer ones. Incredibly YMMV.

2. Season 2 part 4 just received a little price drop on Amazon from $44.98 down to $32.99, not sure if you guys are willing to take a chance and wait it out or buy it now, but it's still a bit of a saving compared to the usual price.

http://www.amazon.co...season 2 part 4

Part 4 actually dropped to about 37 first for a few days. if it hits like 25-28 I'll probably bite. Not exactly selling like hot cakes.

As for Fry's, yeah, I found my S1.2 SE there as well, but they are very poorly stocked in general on the Bandai stuff. Maybe the Cali stores have stuff, but almost nothing in Texas in Dallas/Austin areas.

#316 Dmonrei

Dmonrei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Part 4 actually dropped to about 37 first for a few days. if it hits like 25-28 I'll probably bite. Not exactly selling like hot cakes.

As for Fry's, yeah, I found my S1.2 SE there as well, but they are very poorly stocked in general on the Bandai stuff. Maybe the Cali stores have stuff, but almost nothing in Texas in Dallas/Austin areas.

i actually saw the $37 price tag but figured $7 wasn't really big enough to talk about. I'm personally waiting for it to hit $25. I have it saved on my work PC and it's the first and last thing I check when I get to / leave work.

#317 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Don't bother with the SEs for Gundam 00 They only extra stuff they include are copies of the manga. And not even one of the side story manga, but a truncated version of the main story.

#318 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

That might be good advice, but the SE for part 4 is actually cheaper than the regular edition, and I also have the SE for every other part, so ...

#319 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

lol glad i ordered those months ago when they were all like 2-5 dollars.

i really wish that series had subtitles though argh. damn hearing problems.

#320 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

lol glad i ordered those months ago when they were all like 2-5 dollars.

i really wish that series had subtitles though argh. damn hearing problems.

The DVD version has english & japanese audio, along with subtitles. It's only the BR version that only has an english dub w/ no subtitles on the disc.

#321 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

The DVD version has english & japanese audio, along with subtitles. It's only the BR version that only has an english dub w/ no subtitles on the disc.

ive got one of them on dvd and it has no subtitles if i recall.

#322 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

ive got one of them on dvd and it has no subtitles if i recall.

I have Vol. 2 & 3(& Vol. 1 on the way tomorrow) on DVD from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Both discs have 6 episodes with english dub and japanese audio w/ subtitles. It even mentions it on the back of the case. So I can confirm that the DVD do have subtitles, unless Amazon's Warehouse Deals are selling a bootleg or something.

#323 zulux21

zulux21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Heh... got my order of kurokami in today... ordered dvd 1-3 and blu ray 5-6 (which would net me a full series with bandai's stupid release of the series) and instead I got dvd 1-2 blu ray 3 and 5-6 which nets me a useless blu ray and a chunk of my series missing... and the price went up for dvd 3 from $2 to $7 :/

Why couldn't I get a good screw up like the lucky star people in this thread... @_@
oh well I chatted with amazon support and got a $2 credit and a return of the blu ray so it will just cost me $2 or so to fix this :/

#324 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Heh... got my order of kurokami in today... ordered dvd 1-3 and blu ray 5-6 (which would net me a full series with bandai's stupid release of the series) and instead I got dvd 1-2 blu ray 3 and 5-6 which nets me a useless blu ray and a chunk of my series missing... and the price went up for dvd 3 from $2 to $7 :/

Why couldn't I get a good screw up like the lucky star people in this thread... @_@
oh well I chatted with amazon support and got a $2 credit and a return of the blu ray so it will just cost me $2 or so to fix this :/

need 4-6 and 4 is overpriced with it being oop

#325 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

I have Vol. 2 & 3(& Vol. 1 on the way tomorrow) on DVD from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Both discs have 6 episodes with english dub and japanese audio w/ subtitles. It even mentions it on the back of the case. So I can confirm that the DVD do have subtitles, unless Amazon's Warehouse Deals are selling a bootleg or something.

well either im remembering wrong or i got a glitched copy.

#326 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

well either im remembering wrong or i got a glitched copy.

Or maybe a different/earlier release.

#327 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Looks like none of the stuff is $2.18 or $2.19 anymore. They're either $3.18 or $6.68 for most of it.

#328 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

I lucked out today by finding a copy of Gundam 00: Season 2 Part 4 at a Best Buy for $14.99. I picked that up with my overabundance of BBY credit and ordered the other 3 parts on Amazon for ~$19 (also with credit I have on hand). \\:D/

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#329 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Or maybe a different/earlier release.

that would depress me

#330 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

I lucked out today by finding a copy of Gundam 00: Season 2 Part 4 at a Best Buy for $14.99. I picked that up with my overabundance of BBY credit and ordered the other 3 parts on Amazon for ~$19 (also with credit I have on hand). \\:D/

Isn't that still kind of expensive? One part of a four part season for $15?