Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#331 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Isn't that still kind of expensive? One part of a four part season for $15?

Well, when you consider that my options are (were) limited to the following, I think I made the right choice:

1. Buy Part 4 used from the Amazon Marketplace for $24.99 (+$2.98 shipping) in Very Good condition, then buy the other three parts from Amazon for ~$19 -> ~$46 total for S2

2. Buy Part 4 (Special Edition) from Amazon for $33.99 and the other three parts like in (1.) -> ~$53 total for S2

3. Buy the complete second season set from Amazon for $49.49 (using Amazon credit).

4. Buy the complete second season set from Rightstuf for $37.49 (+ shipping unless I find something else worth at least $12.51 to combine with it and get free shipping).

Again, I think I did pretty well by paying ~$34 for the second season with my available credit. I also have a lot of BBY credit, so it's no biggie that I paid what I paid for 1/4 of the season.

It's also the rarest of the four sets, so...yeah. 8-)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#332 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

For those interested, they lowered the first 2 volumes of Hayate the Combat Butler to under $5 new.

Vol. 1 is $4.66: http://www.amazon.co...e combat butler

Vol. 2 is $3.18: http://www.amazon.co...e combat butler

#333 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

Is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 better or worse than Seed Destiny? I'm thinking about getting into Gundam with this sale but don't know which is best.

#334 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:11 AM

Is Mobile Suit Gundam 00 better or worse than Seed Destiny? I'm thinking about getting into Gundam with this sale but don't know which is best.

00 definitely seed and seed destiny are OK but if your just getting into gundam I would suggest starting with G-Gundam or Wing... but if your going with the sale know that one of the parts is gonna cost you a pretty penny. I recommend watching on youtube or somewhere first. Idk from your post if your new to mecha anime or just gundam but its a bit of different ball game than alot of other anime. Has a decent amount of focus on politics and back stories(aka a REAL story before the action really heats up) But still your buying just from the sales then go with 00 confidently. You may see a backlash post from this as Seed and Seed Destiny are generally either hit or miss with most people. But 00 is considered a good entry almost all the way around to the series.

#335 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

I haven't seen Seed or Seed Destiny yet, but I really liked 00. Well, I didn't love the movie, but if you get that far I guess the series treated you right.

And I have heard from pretty much everyone that Seed Destiny is garbage. Seed is fairly well regarded. I just haven't watched either yet because they are basically a new spin/retelling of the Universal Century Stuff, and I want to watch that first. 00 is actually similar in that you could argue it as a relaunch of Wing, similar themes and such.

Seed Destiny is a sequel to Seed, which is expensive to purchase, so 00 is better as a starting point. However Part 4 of Season 2 is expensive, so you are probably better off buying the parts for season 1 at Amazon, and Season 2 complete through RightStuf or somebody else, rather than try to get all of the individual releases.

#336 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Well, I finally threw $10 for "Toward the Terra" parts 1, 2, & 3. From what I've been reading on this thread for the past couple months, I'm hoping I'll enjoy the series.

#337 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

Don't know about you guys but SEED was one of my favorite Gundam Series. But I would definitely recommend 00. Their MS designs are pretty neat, and the characters aren't too bad. Now G Gundam. It's basically Dragonball Z with Mecha. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#338 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

I loved Gundam 00, one of my favorites. I watched 3 episodes of SEED and came to the conclusion is was a steaming pile of poopy compared to 00. :)

#339 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

It really pisses me off that Zeta Gundam ch. 5 is so expensive. I had the first four volumes, and sold them off thinking I would get the Anime Legends box set because I couldn't find it. Nertz.

Batsugunner.png

#340 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

SEED had a rough beginning (bad animation, carbon copy of original Gundam, questionable voice acting) but got much better during the second half of the series.

SEED Destiny started out awesome, lagged in the middle, then got awesome again, but the final 10 episodes suffered from a ton of behind the scenes troubles and were so bad they had to fix the ending TWICE.

00 is far more tightly written than either SEED series, but the second season irked many by changing the status quo, introducing a character that seems too similar to a character killed in the first season, battles eventually had even more beam spam than the SEED series, and a rather bland bad guy.

#341 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

On the .hack anime series which one do you start watching first? Been thinking about the two cheap ones on amazon. And I have the first two .hack//sign dvd's as well.

#342 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

.hack//SIGN is the first anime series and a prequel to the games. Legend of the Twilight Bracelet occurs after the first set of games. ROOTS and G.U. occur some time afterwards.

#343 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Well this is very very weird and any help on this is appreciated.

I've never ever had a problem with a amazon order till now. My Toward the Terra Part 1 & 3 + the Kurokami vol 3 bluray claims to have been delivered at 2pm today at my front door but I can't find it anywhere. I looked all around the house/etc. Usually they knock at the door too and I didn't hear one this time. I sent a email to amazon about this already as well. But has anyone had this problem before? Could it just show up tomorrow? And yes I know it could have been stolen/given to the wrong address and I'm going to check with neighbors tomorrow as well.

#344 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Almost every other month I get a package or two from the street down. They've brought me one of my packages before too. So who knows, In any case Good luck with getting your stuff.

#345 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well this is very very weird and any help on this is appreciated.

I've never ever had a problem with a amazon order till now. My Toward the Terra Part 1 & 3 + the Kurokami vol 3 bluray claims to have been delivered at 2pm today at my front door but I can't find it anywhere. I looked all around the house/etc. Usually they knock at the door too and I didn't hear one this time. I sent a email to amazon about this already as well. But has anyone had this problem before? Could it just show up tomorrow? And yes I know it could have been stolen/given to the wrong address and I'm going to check with neighbors tomorrow as well.

I take it USPS "delivered" it? It would be best to contact them in the morning(usually around 8:30-9am would be best) and ask about it, since they can look into it with the carrier being there.

I've had it happen once in the past and if you don't receive it, hope that those items are still in stock & at the same price. Because Amazon will just refund the money since they consider AWD a 3rd party seller and won't issue replacements. So in other words, they refund and then you have to order it again.

#346 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Was ups actually. I guess just call them up and give them the tracking number.

And yeah I really hope they stay at the same price too. This whole bandai thing doesn't help that though.

#347 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

*Bump*

Ended up getting refunded for the two Toward The Terra volumes I didn't get in the mail. (Vol 1 & 3) And they gave me free one day shipping for those two. The Kurokami Vol 3 bluray I got a $5 credit for. But that credit can't be used on warehouse deals or anything that isn't sold by amazon directly.

Got the Toward The Terra DVD's today and reordered that Kurokami bluray. The irony is that amazon warehouse deals got it in stock again just today right before
I reordered it.

Pretty happy how this turned out. Just wish I could have used that $5 on the reorder as well.