Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#181 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I purchased Ghost Slayers and My Otome around 11pm last night and both came this afternoon. That was fast. Hey, for $4.38, these can't be THAT bad. Can they?

Dirty Sprite baby that's that dirty citrus

Flexin on these niggas bally total fitness

I'm in LA at LA fitness

What I'm doin bitch I'm tryna get some bitches

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#182 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

For anyone looking for Gurren Lagaan, if there is an anime convention near you I would try to look for it or the complete set there. If not, wait for FUNi to license rescue it. It will take alog while most likely, but it will be far cheaper.

#183 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

This is the internet, why didn't somebody point out that I'm an idiot sooner? ;)

I didn't know! But yeah, looking at it, the original LE came with only 1 DVD, so you missed out on the box, ribbon, and whatever cds it came with for no good reason! Assuming the price was right.

#184 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I received Ghost Slayers vol. 1 LE with Art Box, Vol. 2 & 3 in NEW condition. Under $12 shipped can't complain ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#185 JoePianist

JoePianist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

I received the Gurren Lagann LE Vol. 1 (with series box) today. I'm so glad I finally have this box to put all my individual singles inside....my set's re-sell value has gone up big time

#186 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

I didn't know! But yeah, looking at it, the original LE came with only 1 DVD, so you missed out on the box, ribbon, and whatever cds it came with for no good reason! Assuming the price was right.

What's even worse is that I own them all sealed, I could have simply looked at the contents listed on my own copy. :lol:
No big deal, I just wanted to replace my old regular editions with the multi disc sets, which I can now do. My copies came in today, and two of them were even in better shape than my old LEs were. Maybe I'll see if the bundles of vol 1 are still there so I can sell my old ones as a full set instead of just dumping the singles.

#187 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

i got all three $2.XX sets that come with t-shirts. probably won't even watch the dvds.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#188 onikage

onikage

鬼の影

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

i got all three $2.XX sets that come with t-shirts. probably won't even watch the dvds.

Which three come with shirts?

#189 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

End up Spent more money

Picked Up .Hack/Roots vol. 2-6. I didn't know i had vol. 1 with ART BOX. Samurai deeper Kyo vol. 5 (i can't believed i missing vol. 5), Toward the Terra Part 1/2/3 for CHEAP :)
"Evil is Funs"

#190 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Which three come with shirts?

Eureka Seven Vol. 3
My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Don't know about a 3rd $2 one, but there are plenty of $6.xx ones.

I'm surprised that this fire sale is still in-stock. Point me to the 3rd $2 shirt and I'll grab it.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#191 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

I just got the Gurren Lagann LE yesterday. Sealed and it looks nice.

#192 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Hey I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or if I just got lucky but I ordered the regular vol 4 of Lucky Star and I just got it and it was actually the limited edition. Again not sure if this was just me being lucky or if they messed up on the listing.

Anyone else happen to order the regular edition and get the limited? If so I'm all over it! :D

Currently watching: Sword Art Online II  

Last show watched: Toradora!  :br:

Currently playing: Dark Souls 2 (second playthrough:ps3:
Smileyman063.pngtumblr_mt6nwjMW7Y1s9slxuo10_250.gif

#193 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

Quick question for everyone that ordered Haruhi. Were the inner contents (cd, dvd) of your volume 4 sealed?

#194 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Quick question for everyone that ordered Haruhi. Were the inner contents (cd, dvd) of your volume 4 sealed?

Almost 100% sure that the inner contents aren't sealed. Just the seal around the outer box.

EDIT:
I bought all the Haruhi sets, but I'm leaving them sealed until I find time to sit down and watch them. :|
That being said I may be wrong.

#195 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

Mine weren't for Vol 4 (they were for 2 & 3).

#196 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Eureka Seven Vol. 3
My Otome Zwei Special Edition

Don't know about a 3rd $2 one, but there are plenty of $6.xx ones.

I'm surprised that this fire sale is still in-stock. Point me to the 3rd $2 shirt and I'll grab it.

Ordered the two $2 sets with shirts. $2 shirts always work.

#197 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

As a note, most of the shirts are a L. Bandai didn't start doing XL shirts until later.

#198 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I've got 24 items in my cart just can't pull the trigger

#199 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

That shirt that comes with My Hime or whatever it is called is worth the 2 for it anyways. Plus the box is cool and after I take the shirt out I'm going to hide stuff in the box.
I bought it for a friend as a gift and was surprised the shirt was xtra large for the friend I bought it for. Went ahead and bought myself a copy.

Edited by sleepydumbdude, 21 December 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#200 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

I bought it all lol

#201 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hey I don't know if anyone has posted this yet or if I just got lucky but I ordered the regular vol 4 of Lucky Star and I just got it and it was actually the limited edition. Again not sure if this was just me being lucky or if they messed up on the listing.

Anyone else happen to order the regular edition and get the limited? If so I'm all over it! :D

Woah, question seconded!

#202 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Found Gurren Lagann Vol 3 at my used game/movie store today for ~$9! I picked it up even though its sub only because its apparently like $60-$70 used. I guess I'll probably end up getting the Vol.2 w/sub only so I will have the entire series, even though I really want the matching set with english dub. I suppose I could always pick up the anime legends set to throw in there, but thats just not the same. :cry:

#203 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Found Gurren Lagann Vol 3 at my used game/movie store today for ~$9! I picked it up even though its sub only because its apparently like $60-$70 used. I guess I'll probably end up getting the Vol.2 w/sub only so I will have the entire series, even though I really want the matching set with english dub. I suppose I could always pick up the anime legends set to throw in there, but thats just not the same. :cry:

Bit late for you, but for anyone else wanting to take a chance on Deepdiscount, they have volume 3 for under $30. Bit of a gamble, considering some have had issues with them before though.

#204 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Bit late for you, but for anyone else wanting to take a chance on Deepdiscount, they have volume 3 for under $30. Bit of a gamble, considering some have had issues with them before though.

Are those the seperate dvds with english dubs?

EDIT:
Says that they are all unavailable on Deepdiscount. :(

#205 KGear49

KGear49

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Woah, question seconded!

I ordered 1-5 hoping that vol 4 was also the Limited Edition but sadly they sent me just the DVD. Guess they felt generous to ppl that ordered it before me which was Dec 18, so YMMV.

#206 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I ordered 1-5 hoping that vol 4 was also the Limited Edition but sadly they sent me just the DVD. Guess they felt generous to ppl that ordered it before me which was Dec 18, so YMMV.

That is disappointing....still thinking about ordering them though. Can't decide!!!

#207 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

scored like new copy 5 Centimeters Per Second under $8 after taxes ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#208 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

If it says 5-10 days rather than in-stock, you aren't getting it from DeepDiscount.

Anyways, got my final stuff today, stuck in my leasing office for a few days. Ghost Slayer's package is pretty amazing, unfortunately the consensus seems to be that it sucks. Will watch to see if it justifies ordering volumes 2 & 3 though.

As it stands, got near Complete Code Geass, Near complete Eureka 7, and near complete Gundam 00. Not bad for the prices I ended up paying.

#209 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

If it says 5-10 days rather than in-stock, you aren't getting it from DeepDiscount.

Anyways, got my final stuff today, stuck in my leasing office for a few days. Ghost Slayer's package is pretty amazing, unfortunately the consensus seems to be that it sucks. Will watch to see if it justifies ordering volumes 2 & 3 though.

As it stands, got near Complete Code Geass, Near complete Eureka 7, and near complete Gundam 00. Not bad for the prices I ended up paying.

Found code geass season 1 and r2 for $50 shipped on ebay, so now I can keep the ones I bought sealed, also beware I think code geass season 1 has a volume 5 and 6 not mentioned like anywhere, so its 3 missing volumes not just r2 part 1

#210 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Found code geass season 1 and r2 for $50 shipped on ebay, so now I can keep the ones I bought sealed, also beware I think code geass season 1 has a volume 5 and 6 not mentioned like anywhere, so its 3 missing volumes not just r2 part 1

yeah, I ordered part 3 which has 5 and 6 from another site. Not sure if it is a two disc case or just both cases in a slipcover.