Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Wharehouse deals $2.18 anime (new, not used)

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#241 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Got my items today. Pretty sweet LE's!

#242 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

I also got the Lucky Star Volume 4 limited edition even though I ordered the regular !

You are really making me want to test my luck! xD

Currently watching: Sword Art Online II  

Last show watched: Toradora!  :br:

Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2   :ps3:
Smileyman063.pngtumblr_mt6nwjMW7Y1s9slxuo10_250.gif

#243 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Could we make a list of the ones that come with bonus items and what the items are?

Ghost Slayers: Vol 1 and 2 DVDs, manga, sc reference book

#244 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

A lot of this stuff is still around or were just restocked. Haruhi volumes 1-4 LEs are up but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, $26 for LE Haruhis...

#245 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Haruhi volumes 1-4 LEs are up but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, $26 for LE Haruhis...

The extras are well worth it if you're a Haruhi fan. Vol 2 LE comes with a Haruhi armband (nice quality btw). Vol 3 and 4 LE each come with a pillowcase with the three main girls on them (one sided, for normal sized pillows, not the big hugging pillows). Each LE also includes a cd.

Note that Amazon doesn't have Vol 1 LE, it's simply the regular edition bundled with some cd's. So you don't get the Vol 1 LE art box or Haruhi yellow hair ribbon.

#246 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

A lot of this stuff is still around or were just restocked. Haruhi volumes 1-4 LEs are up but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger, $26 for LE Haruhis...

1. Bandai NA is done, no more reprints or anything new, shut down. Did Haruhi get picked up by someone else?

2. These are freaking LE's!

3. I've been wanting Haruhi for awhile, and I've never seen Season 1 dip below $30 (normal non-LE version, even), haven't watched Season 2 as closely, but this is just S1. Combine LE (well V1 is just CD bonuses) + out of print, $26 for S1 sounds like a steal to me! \\:D/

#247 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Did Haruhi get picked up by someone else?

Bandai license rescues probably won't happen until well into next year.

#248 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Heads up, Eureka Seven Vol 9 SE (www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Volume-Special-Edition/dp/B000SK5YXA/) does not include OST2 like Amazon description says. I received it today and the SE box does not mention the soundtrack, so it must be an Amazon error. I contacted CS and they gave me a refund (without having to send it back, probably not worth the hassle to them for such a cheap item).

I also ordered an additional Vol 3 SE since in my first one, a sticker between the outer and inner boxes had dislodged and the glue residue made it impossible to remove the contents without damaging the boxes. I was going to return it, but for $2 I just bought another one to keep sealed and will enjoy the shirt from the first.

#249 Vash1306

Vash1306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hope everyone knows how hard volume 11 of Eureka Seven is at a decent price :O

#250 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Heads up, Eureka Seven Vol 9 SE (www.amazon.com/Eureka-Seven-Volume-Special-Edition/dp/B000SK5YXA/) does not include OST2 like Amazon description says. I received it today and the SE box does not mention the soundtrack, so it must be an Amazon error. I contacted CS and they gave me a refund (without having to send it back, probably not worth the hassle to them for such a cheap item).

I also ordered an additional Vol 3 SE since in my first one, a sticker between the outer and inner boxes had dislodged and the glue residue made it impossible to remove the contents without damaging the boxes. I was going to return it, but for $2 I just bought another one to keep sealed and will enjoy the shirt from the first.

Yeah, Soundtrack part 2 is in volume 7. Maybe a copy/paste error? I

#251 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:51 AM

Hope everyone knows how hard volume 11 of Eureka Seven is at a decent price :O

Don't I know it...I usually luck out at this mom and pop movie trade place but no luck. Sad really considering that is only volume I lack, and I have been looking forever. I did recently snag the rare FLAG vol.2 from that place last week, and purchased FLAG Vol.1 w/box from amazon whouse to complete my collection. Have yet to watch but I have maybe 10 bucks in the whole series.

#252 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just got my stuff today. Hopefully everyone else that's ordered recently gets better packaging on their orders.

As I have to send back one of the Kurokami discs back due to poor packaging. Because they decided to stack the 2 Kurokami discs & My Otome Zwei LE and cram them into one small box. Which led to the Kurokami DVD on the bottom to have the back part of case & disc holder damaged and caused the disc to be knocked loose & have a ton of scratches.

Also it looks like the Kurokami discs might've been resealed. As they don't have the plastic wrapping that the My Otome Zwei disc does or the Hayate discs that I've ordered.

#253 spiritdragon101

spiritdragon101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Well, just got another package and got the LE instead of the regular for Lucky Star Vol. 4 =) Pretty Happy

twitch.tv/yes06kin_true - My Twitch Channel! Mostly stream Fighting games (UMvC3, Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue) and Random RPGs as well

youtube.com/yes06kintrue -- Match Videos and Random Gameplay/Unboxings

#254 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

Just got my stuff today. Hopefully everyone else that's ordered recently gets better packaging on their orders.

As I have to send back one of the Kurokami discs back due to poor packaging. Because they decided to stack the 2 Kurokami discs & My Otome Zwei LE and cram them into one small box. Which led to the Kurokami DVD on the bottom to have the back part of case & disc holder damaged and caused the disc to be knocked loose & have a ton of scratches.

Also it looks like the Kurokami discs might've been resealed. As they don't have the plastic wrapping that the My Otome Zwei disc does or the Hayate discs that I've ordered.

Ouch! My order came in a HUGE box. I opened it up and it all the LE's were packed like a pallet, with cardboard bottom and plastic wrapped. One Lucky Star was semi-bent, but not very noticable.

Well, just got another package and got the LE instead of the regular for Lucky Star Vol. 4 =) Pretty Happy

Whaaaaaaat! So we've got 3 success, in this thread, on getting LE and 3 or so getting normal? I'm so tempted to order another, just to try. I know I'll never get Vol 6 LE, but a full 1-5 would look better on the shelf :D

#255 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I got my 2nd order. No packing materials at all in the box. Some dings here and there.

#256 wormy

wormy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

Seems banner of the stars II has been semi-added
vol 2: $2.18
vol 3: $6.68

vol 1 from third party ~$5+$3 shipping

Banner I has vol 1 and 3 for moderately cheap.
And crest looks expensive with 1, 4 on "sale"

#257 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Ouch! My order came in a HUGE box. I opened it up and it all the LE's were packed like a pallet, with cardboard bottom and plastic wrapped. One Lucky Star was semi-bent, but not very noticable.

Whaaaaaaat! So we've got 3 success, in this thread, on getting LE and 3 or so getting normal? I'm so tempted to order another, just to try. I know I'll never get Vol 6 LE, but a full 1-5 would look better on the shelf :D

Got my LS volume 4 in today, but it was regular, not LE.

#258 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Yeah and also found out after talking to a CS rep. about it while filing for the return that they consider Amazon Warehouse Deals to be a 3rd party seller(even though it's got Amazon in the name).

Meaning that if you get something damaged or defective, you can't exchange it. If you want a replacement, hope it's still in stock at the same price & pay again to order the other copy while returning the defective one for a refund.

#259 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Which is better haruhi or lucky star? Its been awhile since I seen anime/manga.

#260 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Still waiting for Code Geass R2 Part 1 to pop up.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#261 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

Still waiting for Code Geass R2 Part 1 to pop up.

x.x good luck lol

#262 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Which is better haruhi or lucky star? Its been awhile since I seen anime/manga.

Lucky Star changed how I watch anime (opened me up to different genres than I ever would've considered watching. It was also the first series I ever watched subbed, and is only one of two series I would rather watch the subb over the dub).

Haruhi I haven't seen, but I only hear good things about season 1. Season 2 is supposedly a train wreck.

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#263 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

Haruhi I haven't seen, but I only hear good things about season 1. Season 2 is supposedly a train wreck.

Season 2 was mainly a train wreck due to the Endless Eight episodes. The others were just fine and the movie made up for it.

As for which is better, that is YMMV, but it is probably easier to complete Haruhi than Lucky Star. Volume 6 and the Anime Legends set are super expensive and rare. Season 2 and Disappearence are rare and not cheap, but still less so than Lucky Star Volume 6.

#264 kingryan18

kingryan18

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Second order shipped yesterday got lucky stars 1 2 3 5 all (le)
Posted Image

#265 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Just needed somethings cleared up. And yes I've read through the whole thread. Just wanted to be sure here.

http://www.amazon.co...ef=pd_sim_mov_1

So this link and part 3 are subtitled only? And the only way to get the dubbed version is to get the crazy expensive limited edition part 2 & 3 plus the cheap part 1 LE? That or the anime legends version? Just confused a bit here and needed to see if you guys can help me clear this up.

And is this series truly widescreen?

#266 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Yea, that release is sub-only. Not sure about the sub version, but the hybrid and Anime Legends releases are in anamorphic widescreen.

#267 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yea, that release is sub-only. Not sure about the sub version, but the hybrid and Anime Legends releases are in anamorphic widescreen.

I have Vol. 1 of the sub-only and it's widescreen too. So no matter which version is purchased, it'll be in widescreen.

#268 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I had to go the subbed only route with Gurren Lagann since I was able to get part 2 and 3 cheap, but its killing me on the inside. :'(

The dub of Gurren Lagann is just so amazing IMO!

I have Vol. 1 of the sub-only and it's widescreen too. So no matter which version is purchased, it'll be in widescreen.

This^^

Currently watching: Sword Art Online II  

Last show watched: Toradora!  :br:

Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2   :ps3:
Smileyman063.pngtumblr_mt6nwjMW7Y1s9slxuo10_250.gif

#269 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Gurren is available on Rightstuf right now for $37.49 for the complete collection, dub and sub. It's not the same price here and you don't get the extras, but it's certainly worth grabbing if you don't have it yet.

#270 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I was thinking about doing that and just putting that in the box to fill it out. Still haven't decided.