Photo
- - - - -

Buy a $50 Best Buy Gift Card, Get a $10 Best Buy Gift Card FREE!

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#61 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Worked for me in Chrome but not Firefox. Placed an order, people on SD are abusing the shit out of it.

SD is classy like that.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#62 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

can you use these physical gift cards for online purchases?
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#63 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Yes... but not until you're received them in the mail.

#64 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

No in store pick up, boo.

#65 shady520

shady520

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

Yes, they just mail them to you and you scratch the back off and add them at the checkout screen.

#66 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Yes... but not until you're received them in the mail.

well... obviously.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#67 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

I"m not sure how you can go nuts with this.... unless I'm missing something any money you put towards this deal is "Dead Money" until you are mailed the new gifts cards. And unless you pay for Express Shipping you won't get the new gift cards until the promotion ends.

I suppose if you had thousands of dollars in old BB GC stockpiled or wanted to invest thousands of dollars into BB credit at essentially a 20% savings it would be great.

But it's not as simple as recycling credit and getting free gift cards... rinse and repeat... because that won't work

that's different. i already have countless hundereds of dollars in best buy credit from all my trades. i'm not expecting to get the cards in on time to re-order more. in essence, i'm not starting from scratch. already have a ton of gift cards right now that i'm using on these orders. so i'm not losing money up front.

#68 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

that's different. i already have countless hundereds of dollars in best buy credit from all my trades. i'm not expecting to get the cards in on time to re-order more. in essence, i'm not starting from scratch. already have a ton of gift cards right now that i'm using on these orders. so i'm not losing money up front.

Yeah that's awesome. I have like $400 in GS credit so maybe I'll try to move it over to BB before this promo ends.

I have close to $300 in RZ certs and another $200 as a promo RZ cert from when they cancelled a order on me but I can't use either of those during this promotion.

If there was something I absolutely needed at Best Buy I would invest $300 or $400 in cash/credit toward this promotion but I don't feel like tying up funds when I already have so much in RZ certs.

#69 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

SD is going nuts so I would get in on this before the promotion gets pulled.

lol, you are right, i just checked over at sd, they already have close to 20 pages for that thread

#70 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

I"m not sure how you can go nuts with this.... unless I'm missing something any money you put towards this deal is "Dead Money" until you are mailed the new gifts cards. And unless you pay for Express Shipping you won't get the new gift cards until the promotion ends.

I suppose if you had thousands of dollars in old BB GC stockpiled or wanted to invest thousands of dollars into BB credit at essentially a 20% savings it would be great.

But it's not as simple as recycling credit and getting free gift cards... rinse and repeat... because that won't work

I would guess more than half of CAGs have more BB credit than they know what to do with. Now they/we will have even more.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#71 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

I would guess more than half of CAGs have more BB credit than they know what to do with. Now they/we will have even more.

yeah, i'm surprised this thread isn't crazy yet. wonder why all the cags from the gamestop to best buy flip thread haven't swarmed this one yet.

#72 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

anyone else getting connection problems to bestbuy? the site is dying on me

#73 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Is this also in-stores?

#74 DaBoltz

DaBoltz

Casual CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

Thanks OP! Wasn't sure why I was browsing CAG at 12:30am local, but I'm glad I did. Bought 3 sets from all the gc's I had lying around from various trade-ins.

589637.png

#75 ThEliteOne

ThEliteOne

PSN Trophy Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

too bad I used all my credit up recently, that I had from the 100% bonus.

#76 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Is this also in-stores?

Nope.

#77 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

so if i purchase 1 $100 gift card, does that mean i get two gift cards for $10 each? I have the amex $50 credit when purchase $100

#78 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Only had enough credit for 1 fully paid order, but that's good enough.

#79 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Gift card trade in promo lol...

#80 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

how do i know when to stop? i already made like 10 different orders

#81 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

BB has treated me very well over the years, but gaffs like this will put the nail in the coffin much sooner than later.

With all the rampant abuse, I will not participate. Good luck to the rest of you.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#82 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I really do not want my account to get flagged but I could make about $280 right now. Not sure it is worth it.
Posted Image

#83 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

How much BB credit you guys have dang.

#84 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I really do not want my account to get flagged but I could make about $280 right now. Not sure it is worth it.

Your account can get flagged if you place to many orders of the same item. Not sure if that pertains to gift cards though.

#85 247

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Sweet! :lol: Thanks htz.

#86 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

The deal does not put a limit on # of cards at least. I am sure someone would take advantage of this to get 20% off a TV or something.

Edit: I guess it is more like 16.6% off.

#87 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

BB has treated me very well over the years, but gaffs like this will put the nail in the coffin much sooner than later.

With all the rampant abuse, I will not participate. Good luck to the rest of you.

Yeah, reminds me of that $10 instore pickup promo glitch. People made bank on that and would go absolutely ape shit when someone would mention it in the thread. They went even more ape shit when someone blew the whistle over at the BB forums. Haha it was pretty funny, but its all Best Buys fault. I just hope they can last a couple more years since their gaming deals are always great.

#88 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

do orders get shipped on sunday if you have expedited shipping?
no through usps obviously, but maybe through the private ones like ups?

#89 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

do orders get shipped on sunday if you have expedited shipping?
no through usps obviously, but maybe through the private ones like ups?

No you are going to have to sweat one whole day.
Posted Image

#90 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, reminds me of that $10 instore pickup promo glitch. People made bank on that and would go absolutely ape shit when someone would mention it in the thread. They went even more ape shit when someone blew the whistle over at the BB forums. Haha it was pretty funny, but its all Best Buys fault. I just hope they can last a couple more years since their gaming deals are always great.

Got a description of that one? I think I remember seeing it, but what were people doing?