Photo
- - - - -

Buy a $50 Best Buy Gift Card, Get a $10 Best Buy Gift Card FREE!

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#151 Jav0r

Jav0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Looks like they changed the terms from one free gc per customer per order to 'one free gc per customer'

How would this work? I ordered 1 earlier in the morning, it seems to let me go to checkout without problems...

#152 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

There are billions worth of gift cards annually that gets misplaced or never gets redeemed.

Just like the free RZ money they been handing out since BF to RZ members...

#153 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

I received 3 order cancellations. The rest of mine are all at the "preparing order" stage so hopefully those go through.

#154 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

How many did you order?

#155 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

I got some cancellations also.
Posted Image

#156 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I would guess more than half of CAGs have more BB credit than they know what to do with. Now they/we will have even more.

The best thing todo if you shop on Amazon at all is take the BB Gift Cards and Reward Certs and buy Amazom Gift Cards in the tablet section as BB.

#157 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Does buying gift cards count towards silver status?

#158 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

I'm raising hell if my orders are canceled!

#159 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

"Your order has been canceled. Please refer to our conditions of use related to order limitations/limited quantities at BestBuy.com. "

Yeah it says that NOW but last night it sure did not. Not mad but changing terms after the order has been place? This may be the closest thing to "bait and switch" we have seen on CAG. :D

#160 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'm raising hell if my orders are canceled!

on what basis?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#161 raarar

raarar

With sexy results.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

Are the cancellations going out to those who ordered more then one, or everyone? Since it just let me order one.

#162 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

7 of my 8 should be good to go, got 1 cancellation

#163 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

The best thing todo if you shop on Amazon at all is take the BB Gift Cards and Reward Certs and buy Amazom Gift Cards in the tablet section as BB.

So you can use a reward cert for Amazon/Kindle cards?

#164 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Why would I need a basis I'm the dam customer! If they do I will call up and demand they place my orders through.

#165 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Why would I need a basis I'm the dam customer! If they do I will call up and demand they place my orders through.

Good luck with that.

#166 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#167 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I think I avoided the cancellation wave since all 11 of my orders are in "Preparing Order" status and "cannot be cancelled". I didn't place the orders all at once, though, so maybe that's partly why.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within [No-Upgrade Run] :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#168 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Theres a reason I'm silver and have always got away with these type of deals.

#169 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

must not fall for troll post...

Ees7Y.jpg

#170 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

They need people like me if they want to stay in business. I spend nearly 25 percent of my income at BB.

#171 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

They need people like me if they want to stay in business. I spend nearly 25 percent of my income at BB.

:applause:

#172 Tuxedo38

Tuxedo38

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Bought one and only one. Thanks OP!

#173 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Coming from someone who has worked in food industry and retail for a few years now, I think he's coming across as more of it being the principle of the matter.

If BBY fucked up, then they need to honor the orders processed before they fixed their mistake.

At my work, if we mess up a catering order or make a typo in promos, we still honor the deal AND give freebie coupons on top of that.

You could understand if you're a regular customer who got in on the deal and got excited you got to place an order, only to get an email saying "yea, we cancelled your order cause we messed up. Tough shit.."

That's just what I see the CAG in training thinking
Posted Image

#174 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Whatever are they going to do without that $150 a month?

Quick! Dump the stock!

Ees7Y.jpg

#175 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Whatever are they going to do without that $150 a month?

Quick! Dump the stock!

:lol:

Anyways, looks like they changed the terms to Sunday only now.

#176 juniorortegalp1

juniorortegalp1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Someone on slickdeals said they spoke to a rep online before they changed the deal and was told the limit was 5 orders. I just checked my 5 orders and all say "ORDER RECEIVED. PAYMENT VALIDATED, and PREPARING ORDER." Hopefully they are shipped!

#177 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Just got my orders in process for all 10 separate orders. Customer wins again looks like I'm done here.

#178 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Can't do store pickup on this? I think I'm going to pass...

Decided to place an order. Figured I'd use the gift cards for my PM's. Thanks again OP!

Edited by CheapAssHustla, 16 December 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#179 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Coming from someone who has worked in food industry and retail for a few years now, I think he's coming across as more of it being the principle of the matter.

If BBY fucked up, then they need to honor the orders processed before they fixed their mistake.

At my work, if we mess up a catering order or make a typo in promos, we still honor the deal AND give freebie coupons on top of that.

You could understand if you're a regular customer who got in on the deal and got excited you got to place an order, only to get an email saying "yea, we cancelled your order cause we messed up. Tough shit.."

That's just what I see the CAG in training thinking

It's best buy's website. They can cancel a deal at any point as long as they refund your money. Their is lawyer speak written into the website's T&C that protects them from having to honor exploits.

If I was BB I would run deals like this once a month to lure in the bottom feeders. Then I would cancel all orders of people who exploited the deal and ban them from the website.

#180 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Someone on slickdeals said they spoke to a rep online before they changed the deal and was told the limit was 5 orders. I just checked my 5 orders and all say "ORDER RECEIVED. PAYMENT VALIDATED, and PREPARING ORDER." Hopefully they are shipped!

the thread over at "scamdeals" makes a really good read, LOL. Some of them got their 54 orders cancelled, ROFlmao. what a surprise