Photo
- - - - -

Buy a $50 Best Buy Gift Card, Get a $10 Best Buy Gift Card FREE!

• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#181 juniorortegalp1

juniorortegalp1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

the thread over "scamdeals" makes a really good read, LOL. Some of them got their 54 orders cancelled, ROFlmao. what a surprise

Yeah I've been reading that too. Someone said they ordered 500 and he was upset they were cancelling his orders! LOL! I was only going to order 1 but since the limit was 5 I ordered 5.

#182 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Whatever are they going to do without that $150 a month?

Quick! Dump the stock!

I Work in the oil and gas industry as a chemist with a masters.

#183 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Yeah I've been reading that too. Someone said they ordered 500 and he was upset they were cancelling his orders! LOL! I was only going to order 1 but since the limit was 5 I ordered 5.

the alert about Chase fraud alert notifications is even funnier, LOL

#184 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

You're a cashier at a gas station? Cool.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#185 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks OP! Ordered 1 since I don't have a rediculous and unreasonable sense of self-entitlement and understand that BB isn't responsible for typographical errors. :D

#186 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

You're a cashier at a gas station? Cool.

hahaha

#187 BAMKICKSASS

BAMKICKSASS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Can this deal be done in store?
:D

#188 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

"Your order has been canceled. Please refer to our conditions of use related to order limitations/limited quantities at BestBuy.com. "

Yeah it says that NOW but last night it sure did not. Not mad but changing terms after the order has been place? This may be the closest thing to "bait and switch" we have seen on CAG. :D

Now see if your account is banned (order something and see if it is immediately canceled)

#189 Frozenflame321

Frozenflame321

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

you mean "with my master." right?

#190 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

So you can use a reward cert for Amazon/Kindle cards?

Yes you can use the rewards certs on the Amazon cards. You can actually use them on any gift card that is not a Best Buy gift card. I just redeemed a $25 cert for a $25 amazon card on Thursday.

#191 GreenArrow

GreenArrow

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Coming from someone who has worked in food industry and retail for a few years now, I think he's coming across as more of it being the principle of the matter.

If BBY fucked up, then they need to honor the orders processed before they fixed their mistake.

At my work, if we mess up a catering order or make a typo in promos, we still honor the deal AND give freebie coupons on top of that.

You could understand if you're a regular customer who got in on the deal and got excited you got to place an order, only to get an email saying "yea, we cancelled your order cause we messed up. Tough shit.."

That's just what I see the CAG in training thinking

catering is not the same as .com e-selling. A mistake/glitch/exploit at Online selling could loss potential million dollars consider their customer is those who have access to internet. The scale is huge lot different for a restaurant.

PS: You will get RZ pts for buying gift card, but later on you wont get any pts for using gift card. Only purchase with $$$$ can net you point on reward zone.(to avoid double-dipping:buying gift card to buy item)

#192 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Important to note that tax get charged when you pay with gift card but it doesn't when you pay with reward certificate. Just something to know to those of you converting reward certificate to gift card.

#193 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Picked up one, thanks OP! Sad that so many people try to rape these offers . . . I mean, why be so greedy? Just order ONE and be satisfied, it isn't that hard.

#194 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Important to note that tax get charged when you pay with gift card but it doesn't when you pay with reward certificate. Just something to know to those of you converting reward certificate to gift card.

Unless you are buying a non BestBuy gift bard with your BB Gift Card. That is not taxed.

#195 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

n for 5 thanks.. someone said thats the limit and I have a ton of stuff ito buy there.
Posted Image

#196 ZombiesWorld

ZombiesWorld

Would you kindly?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Can you not use RZ certificates to purchase these? I've tried 3 different ones and I keep getting an error.

#197 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Can you not use RZ certificates to purchase these? I've tried 3 different ones and I keep getting an error.

you cannot.

#198 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Can't pay with certificate anyways.

#199 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Can I buy $50 get $10 in 2 different orders and would amex take the $50 off in my statement? I got the beat halo 4 $50 credit for $100 at BB.

#200 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Now see if your account is banned (order something and see if it is immediately canceled)

Not banned. Ordered some b2g1 pre-owned today. I was only quoting the email they sent with all cancellation. Pretty hard to ban people for making orders under the terms they set. Now trying to circumvent the current terms could result in a banning but orders last night were not breaking any terms they set. They can cancel any order they want but I doubt they will ban anyone.

#201 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Does BB even ban people from buying stuff? They probably should but I don't think they do.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#202 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think this depends on the state.

#203 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Order one with a gift card, would've order 2 but only can do 1. Too bad.

#204 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

It does not. The price covered by RZ certs is never taxed.

#205 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Does BB even ban people from buying stuff? They probably should but I don't think they do.

They can only ban if u are stealin, commit fraud, or abusing the tiv program.
If they post a offer,its there error and they have the right to honor or deny orders.

#206 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

They can only ban if u are stealin, commit fraud, or abusing the tiv program.
If they post a offer,its there error and they have the right to honor or deny orders.

"can"? There's no law.

Amazon will ban you for abusing their returns or having too many delivery issues.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#207 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, in Cali there is no getting around paying taxes that I know of.
Hell, we even pay taxes on smartphone for the full amount, don't know if that's nationwide though.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#208 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Nice to see BB wising up a little, although they should have made it 1 per person from the beginning and made it so you couldn't use gift cards.

EDIT:

I just realized they change the end date from 12/18 to today. LOL they must have been getting hammered with these orders.

They can ban your online account if your purchase too many of the same item. GS.com does the same thing I believe. Not sure about instore though.

Edited by Gamer4life88, 16 December 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#209 247

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Orders getting cancelled? I wonder how many you guys ordered, I only got 10 and no cancellations.

#210 jedex

jedex

Elite Chemist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Orders getting cancelled? I wonder how many you guys ordered, I only got 10 and no cancellations.

Same here all orders are in process of shipping :)