Groupme/Cag Fantasy League

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#91 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Any highlights for my team? Romo? Revis? Michael Irvin?

Matt Ryan, Ware, Hernandez, Harvin

33126.png

#92 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Nice. Hopefully my secondary isn't garbage. But liking that core.

#93 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Snagged my pesky white slot receiver with Brian Hartline in the 20th round.

33126.png

#94 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Free agency will be closed for tonight and it will be open for everybody at noon est tomorrow. That will also be the deadline for anyone who was not able to make the draft to let me know if they want to switch teams.

Edit: instead of noon, we will change it to 6 PM est on both deadlines.

#95 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

If you play a computer or a human that didn't attend the draft, don't play the game until after the 6 p.m deadline tomorrow. If you did draft your team and play someone that drafted a team or someone who is sticking with their team, play whenever.

#96 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Wow, 53 rounds of the draft took pretty much exactly the same amount of time as the Packers-Vikings game. That worked out well.

33126.png

#97 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

my team is stacked i said for the whole draft and random good players at late rounds came out and no one was around to grab them i got lucky

Madden 25

Official League Team: Bengals

Season 1: 0-0

Fans League Team: Possibly Chiefs

#98 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

I like my team. I went very offense-heavy early and I was very worried my defense was going to be terrible other than my corners (Haden+Talib+McCourty), but I managed to cobble together a decent unit.

33126.png

#99 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

Cam Newton on the block.

Edited by Chetty12, 06 January 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#100 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Cam Newton on the block.

ha that didnt take long.

#101 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

Alex Smith on the block

Looking for SS, WR, or offers.

Edited by Blade3D, 06 January 2013 - 05:56 AM.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#102 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm hopeful that my Charles/Ridley combo will be able to replicate the success I've had with McFadden/McGahee in the other league.

Rivers throwing to Marshall, Austin and Hartline should also be productive, while I was also able to get several good receiving TEs.

33126.png

#103 ubernes

ubernes

Megacorner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Really like my team! I probably would have put more into my OL and CBs, but my LB and DL are pretty sick at first glance. Harvin and Garcon will be fun w/ Hernandez. DWill will be a nice compliment to my obvious pass-first offense.

#104 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

My team is pretty stacked in my opinion.

Going with Mallet over Smith, Ray Rice, A.Johnson, Jerome Simpson(used in the main league). My DL and corners (Vontae Davis, Brandon Carr, I think Patrick Robinson is my 3rd) are good. My offensive line is good. In practice I threw to Dickinson for over 200 yards. I really liked the fantasy draft, can customize a team more to your liking. My LBs and safeties aren't great but I think they will do with the quality of the rest of my team.

Did any of the CPU teams come out good?

Edited by Blade3D, 06 January 2013 - 06:28 AM.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#105 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

Did any of the CPU teams come out good?

I only checked the two in my division (Broncos and Raiders) but both were pretty abysmal.

33126.png

#106 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

i think a drafted really well. i had a plan going into it that worked well for. i figured in the early rounds get players that fit my style of course like anyone else would. but in the later round when it became slim pickins i figured i would draft guys in positions that where high in the areas that cost more to up grade and lower in the spots that were cheap to upgrade that way after a few games the guyes the drafted late would become better quicker. example lineman with high strength would get drafted becuz block shedding and power moves are alot cheap than strength. sometimes i would stubble across a guy late that would just be a total stud for dline that had a low overall had high strength high power move and blocking shedding and awareness but his finnesse was low as hell like 38 type low but i figured hes. id also go with a guy with a higher injury rating that than toughness becuz injury rating cost more. i pretty much based all picks by the cost of xp it would take to build the player. since more than likely everyone that joined are the people that get there games out of the way pretty quick i figure this league could get 2 or 3 seasons in possibly 2 atleast and by that type build enough xp to have the team be full of studs. but ive very happy with my results. just curious to know wut other people used to base there picks off of.

Madden 25

#107 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

hey chetty if u wouldnt mind i was wondering if u would have a problem with me setting my WRs depth chart like this becuz of there abilities catch and catch in traffic and speed wise.
1. stevie johnson
2. earl bennett
3. victor cruz.

after that i dont really care. if u look at there ratings i think u will under stand not trying to take advantage of anything at all. but with the routes in my playbook these players would be better suited in that depth chart set up. bennett has just as good as hands as cruz pretty much but lacks speed so i would like to have cruz in the slot position if its allowed.

also injuries are still on not sure if u planned on keeping them on during preseason or not.

Madden 25

#108 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

im up for trades im the bengals im looking for a top WR.

#109 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

im up for trades im the bengals im looking for a top WR.

wut r u willing to move?

Madden 25

#110 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

hey chetty if u wouldnt mind i was wondering if u would have a problem with me setting my WRs depth chart like this becuz of there abilities catch and catch in traffic and speed wise.
1. stevie johnson
2. earl bennett
3. victor cruz.

after that i dont really care. if u look at there ratings i think u will under stand not trying to take advantage of anything at all. but with the routes in my playbook these players would be better suited in that depth chart set up. bennett has just as good as hands as cruz pretty much but lacks speed so i would like to have cruz in the slot position if its allowed.

also injuries are still on not sure if u planned on keeping them on during preseason or not.

Ha this again. I honestly don't care but don't try to tell me its something it isn't.
Lets play a little game. Guess which receiver is Earl Bennett and which is Victor Cruz?
Receiver a- 91 catch, 86 cit, 97 spect catch, 91 route run, 84 release, 93 jump, 94 speed, 95 agile, 97 accell, 91 elusive, 92 juke, 87 spin
Receiver b- 88 catch, 90 cit, 74 spect catch, 82 route run, 75 release, 80 jump, 85 speed, 86 agile, 86 accell, 52 elusive, 84 juke, 77 spin

Look their catch and catch in traffic are close....like I said I don't care but don't pretend this isn't about getting mismatches and Victor Cruz on lesser corners on routes you prefer. Just say that, don't insult my and everyone else's intelligence. Final prediction for the season, receiver b 10 catches for 89 yards and receiver a will be your leading receiver.

#111 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

wut r u willing to move?

not sure ill look in a min.

#112 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

And yes I plan on leaving injuries on for preseason and yes I am expecting everyone to play their backups with the obvious exception of kicker/punter.

#113 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'm also giving until 6 p.m for people to send in their input about the rules.

#114 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

Ha this again. I honestly don't care but don't try to tell me its something it isn't.
Lets play a little game. Guess which receiver is Earl Bennett and which is Victor Cruz?
Receiver a- 91 catch, 86 cit, 97 spect catch, 91 route run, 84 release, 93 jump, 94 speed, 95 agile, 97 accell, 91 elusive, 92 juke, 87 spin
Receiver b- 88 catch, 90 cit, 74 spect catch, 82 route run, 75 release, 80 jump, 85 speed, 86 agile, 86 accell, 52 elusive, 84 juke, 77 spin

Look their catch and catch in traffic are close....like I said I don't care but don't pretend this isn't about getting mismatches and Victor Cruz on lesser corners on routes you prefer. Just say that, don't insult my and everyone else's intelligence. Final prediction for the season, receiver b 10 catches for 89 yards and receiver a will be your leading receiver.

im not going to argue my point we differ on opinions here and this battle has been done before. so no point on getting into it. i just like speed in the slot. but i will quote u on this later in the season ;) lol

Madden 25

#115 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

for a WR i would be willing to move.

Fred Davis 87 TE, Casey Heyward CB 70, and i have some young ends and willing to throw in picks. just looking for a decent WR.

#116 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

im not going to argue my point we differ on opinions here and this battle has been done before. so no point on getting into it. i just like speed in the slot. but i will quote u on this later in the season ;) lol

Its not differing opinions, its a fact Earl Bennett is not in Victor cruz's league. Even more so in Madden where release, speed and accell are the most important receiver stats. Just admit it, is it that hard? Its not like I have a problem with it or have a problem stopping it.

#117 DVO21

DVO21

Non-Pro League

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Its not differing opinions, its a fact Earl Bennett is not in Victor cruz's league. Even more so in Madden where release, speed and accell are the most important receiver stats. Just admit it, is it that hard? Its not like I have a problem with it or have a problem stopping it.

like i said before we differ on whats important in madden its an opinion im not going to try and change ur mind on it. and im sure u wont have a problem stoping me when playing ur much better at the game than me. i do agree that i prefer speed release and accel and route running in the slot. most nfl coachs do as well. and for my outside wrs i prefer good hands and cit and the routes i have them on dont require much speed. its just how i play. cant we just agree to disagree here and leave it at that plz.

Madden 25

#118 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

hey chetty if u wouldnt mind

I mind, for the record. Its chettys call though.

#119 Chetty12

Chetty12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

If enough people have a problem with it, then I'm fine with not allowing it. I honestly don't have a problem either way. There's enough formations where they move the receivers all over the field, which makes it impossible to monitor.

#120 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

My problem with it is the same as yours.