Photo
- - - - -

Toys R US 2 games for $70 free store pickup (far cry 3, black ops 2, see list in op!)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#31 iiSaviour

iiSaviour

RIP In Peace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Anyone know when this ends? I am good waiting to PM at Best Buy until late Monday?

#32 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Anyone know when this ends? I am good waiting to PM at Best Buy until late Monday?

It ends Dec. 22.

On a side note I got denied using my credit card on purchase based on the cashier claiming my ID was for different person at Toys R Us. It was first time I ever had an issue with my ID, guess it's about time I update my 16yr old self photo on the ID.

#33 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

maybe being on CAG has made me extremely cheap but i don't buy games at launch no more lol. and while this is a good deal i think i can do better by waiting a little longer lol

oh before this site how paying full price felt like good value

Um...buying games at launch has never been cheaper. Thanks to BB's preorder $20 GC, I haven't paid a dime for games this season. I've been very focused on trades and PMing, so on most of my games I've come out miles ahead. I'd actually say if you were cheaper, you'd realize that buying games at launch has never been better, thanks to BB.

#34 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Actually got shot down for the first time at BBY on this deal. Being the gentleman that I am, I went above their heads and did a .com order for store pickup. :D

#35 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

yeah buying games at launch at bestbuy is really the way to go. just this week i am pricematching far cry 3 and moh warfighter - so after $20 back, i got them for $35/$25 respectively after tax, which is even better than the $25 black friday deal on warfighter, plus i get to play them on release day when everyone is talking about them/etc. Bestbuy has been killing it lately. and if you are into flipping back at bestbuy after you plat, its all free rentals. i wanted that 44tiv but i missed it the other day, so i might just got for 40tiv for far cry 3 if i plat it soon enough. altho it is a great game, i might hold on to or buy back when 20 or so.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#36 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I went into BB to pick something up and mentioned this deal to a few gaming employees to see if they would do the PM. They said sure but I didn't need anything since I got all the games I wanted already. Managed to help 2 employees get Far Cry 3 though and split the cost between each other. One of them was the manager of that section.

On a side note, how long does one have to work at BB to get access to override codes? I swear that is some crazy amount of power for one person to hold. :hot:

#37 Little_BombA

Little_BombA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

deal is only online o both store?

#38 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

maybe being on CAG has made me extremely cheap but i don't buy games at launch no more lol. and while this is a good deal i think i can do better by waiting a little longer lol

oh before this site how paying full price felt like good value

Well you should buy them at launch to save even more money. The codes and other free stuff you get for preordering go for way too much money on ebay. I always sell my codes. I sold my far cry 3 code for $20 so there is a good incentive to buy at launch. My two cents:)

#39 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

how are you guys PMing this at bestbuy? I didn't want to print that entire page to PM these deals, is this listed in the weekly ad?

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#40 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Traded in black ops 2 and assassin creed liberation for 59.xx and picked up far cry 3 and black ops 2 for 15 after using that gift card. The employee had a wtf face and thought I was insane.

#41 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

how are you guys PMing this at bestbuy? I didn't want to print that entire page to PM these deals, is this listed in the weekly ad?

I posted a link to a phone-scan on the first page...

#42 ashleyLQL

ashleyLQL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

I called my local Best Buy to see if they would PM this. I asked the 3 for $70 deal, but I was told they only PM on single priced items, not bundles. Maybe I'll have better luck if I go in.

#43 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:28 AM

I bought a sunday newspaper just for the toys r us ad (toys r us is 25 min away). They pm'd my previous purchase no problem.

#44 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

i went to price match at bb and got shot down .they said since its a bundle they wouldnt WTF

#45 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

Price matched at BestBuy.com on an order I made before.
They're just sending me a 50 dollar gift card along with the two games and 40 dollar gift card from last week's deal (which I matched at Target and Frys)
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#46 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

i went to price match at bb and got shot down .they said since its a bundle they wouldnt WTF

bummer....your bb sucks

#47 Madrocsz

Madrocsz

It's a Trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

of course, none of the stores around me "Inventory lookup and Store Pickup are not currently offered at this store." yet I know damn well they have all of these games as I was just there an hour ago
Posted Image

#48 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I got Halo 4 + BO2 pricematched at BB with the TRU ad.

Employee almost gave me $25 off the $40 Halo 4 but manager quickly corrected that =[

Total came out to $70 + Tax

#49 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

Not sure how you did that. But here you go everyone. So you just said PM trus deal and they rung up like that?

http://i1161.photobu...ound/cagpic.jpg

Maybe he though 2 for twenty?

The manager on my BB thought it was a BOGO free and he had to take a look again at the ad.

#50 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

You can easily call 1-800-BestBuy and ask to speak to their PM department (they have this). Explain that you were turned down and why. It's policy to match this. They'll take care of you.

#51 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Traded in black ops 2 and assassin creed liberation for 59.xx and picked up far cry 3 and black ops 2 for 15 after using that gift card. The employee had a wtf face and thought I was insane.

Explain this please.

#52 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Just read the first page of this thread.

#53 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I got Halo 4 + BO2 pricematched at BB with the TRU ad.

Employee almost gave me $25 off the $40 Halo 4 but manager quickly corrected that =[

Total came out to $70 + Tax

Technically, it should be $25 off $40...right? The ad says $50 off two games...

Maybe he though 2 for twenty?

The manager on my BB thought it was a BOGO free and he had to take a look again at the ad.

He had the number $70 (which is supposed to be total) in his head, and mixed that up with the actual discount. The manager gave him $70 off, not $70 as the total.

#54 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Technically, it should be $25 off $40...right? The ad says $50 off two games...

No, its 50 dollars of two games at TRUS prices, which are all 59.99

When I PMd the Farcry 3 and BLOPs 2 I bought on release at BB they just took 25 dollars more of Farcry3 because I had already got Blops PMd 15 dollars off and FC3 PMd 10 dollars off

The total off of two full price games ends up being 50 bucks
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 AznDragon89

AznDragon89

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

is it possible if i can buy black ops 2+fifa 13 then resell fifa 13 but keep bo2?

#56 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

is it possible if i can buy black ops 2+fifa 13 then resell fifa 13 but keep bo2?

Of course you can. Where are you going to resell Fifa? As long as you don't mean return Fifa and keep BO2 at a discount, you can do whatever you want to the games.

#57 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

I bought newspaper, freaking sunday newspaper is $2. Some places like bestbuy requires the ad to be kept when PM, just a heads up! I'm gonna try and PM this at Target since I got a giftcard left to use!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#58 ashleyLQL

ashleyLQL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

It's 2 for 70. If 3 for 70 worked, you'd see it on slick deals and all over these forums.

woops that was a typo. meant 2.

#59 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

I really want FC3 and was going to buy it last week but they never got any stock in. I checked the website and it says in-stores only for me. I called TRU today and the guy said they only had 1 copy and sold it. I have a $30 gift card for TRU so I really want to buy it there but I may have to PM at BestBuy and hopefully my points will post from buying Black Ops II finally. I've had to call them repeatedly and the RZ lady said they should post within 3-5 business days. Between that and my missing package from BB I kind of don't wanna deal with them lately.

#60 SpaceInsomniac

SpaceInsomniac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

You can easily call 1-800-BestBuy and ask to speak to their PM department (they have this). Explain that you were turned down and why. It's policy to match this. They'll take care of you.

I'm very glad to read this, and I thank you for the post, but can you explain WHY it's their policy to price match this?

Official policy:

Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' website prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box... etc.

How does this not count as a bundle? Is it because you still have to pay for each item, even though you are required to buy two? If given some resistance while trying to price match, what's my argument here?