Civilization 5 GOTY with Gods and Kings expansion for $15.49 at GetGamesGo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Got an email from them that said 75% off for the bundle which should be $19.99 but when I looked on their site it's actually 81% off.

http://getgamesgo.co...civ-v-gk-bundle

#2 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Better deal at amazon

#3 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Better deal at amazon

How so? I just checked and Amazon offers the Civ V GOTY for $35 shipped ($50 download) and the Gods and Kings expansion for another $30. :(

#4 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Digital download. Boxed copies of a Steamworks game are pretty pointless unless you just like collecting boxes.

#5 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

Digital download. Boxed copies of a Steamworks game are pretty pointless unless you just like collecting boxes.

Sweet thanks! Is there a reason to play Civ IV if buying Civ V? I've never played a Civ game before and am interested.

#6 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Has anyone used this site? I am torn between getting this or 4. Any input would be great.

#7 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Many people -- including myself -- think Civ 4 is the better game and that Civ 5 made the franchise more 'mainstream.' Civ 5 is more accessible but the game play is fundamentally the same.

#8 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

How so? I just checked and Amazon offers the Civ V GOTY for $35 shipped ($50 download) and the Gods and Kings expansion for another $30. :(

I assume he means this deal which is $5 more but includes Civ IV Complete ad Stronghold. So it depends on how much you care about the additional titles and if they're worth the five bucks to you.

Edit: Heh, that's what I get for leaving my posting window open for five minutes.

#9 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Decisions, decisions. I doubt I will find them for that price even during the holiday sale. hmm

#10 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Decisions, decisions. I doubt I will find them for that price even during the holiday sale. hmm

Agreed. Have to figure out if I'm really going to play both if I buy that $20 deal on Amazon.

#11 UnicornBang

UnicornBang

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Agreed. Have to figure out if I'm really going to play both if I buy that $20 deal on Amazon.

I just bought Walking Dead and have so many other games to play. I just a game collector I guess. I am just wondering if anyone has used this site with success? I have never heard of it.

#12 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

GetGamesGo? I've used them several times, always for Steamworks titles. So I can't speak for any other aspect but they've always given me a valid Steam key without issue.

#13 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

You probably won't play both. Personally I think it's silly for them to bundle them but I can't begrudge Amazon for trying to move unwanted games (Civ 4) by packaging them with current ones. That said, you also get Stronghold collection for $5 which is a pretty good deal. Anyway, you might be able to find people willing to buy the keys for Civ 4 (assuming it comes with Steam keys) and Stronghold Collection (ditto) from you on the trading thread.