Far Cry 3 PS3 $50/ $40 PC/DVD- $10 extra off for Student Prime members

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!
Amazon has Far Cry 3 on Sale. Hope this is not a repost, if so please close.

Amazon Student prime members get $10 off extra with code:

Amazon Student Promo Details
Far Cry 3 on PS3, XBOX360, PC, and Digital Download is $10 off from 12/9-12/31 for all Amazon Student Members. Simply use the Promotion Code: FC3AMZNS at checkout. Promotion only valid on items sold and shipped by Amazon. Promotion code only valid once per customer.

PS3 $50: http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Pla...UTF8&qid=1355687293&sr=1-1&keywords=far+cry+3

PC/DVD $40: http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Pc/...UTF8&qid=1355687293&sr=1-1&keywords=far+cry+3

I know this is cheaper with TRUs promotion but if you are like me it was not in stock...

[quote name=' Amazon']Release Date: December 4, 2012 [/QUOTE] PCDVD with code is $30?! win

[quote name='SOLDIER']Does the PC retail version activate on Steam?[/QUOTE]
Nope, just Uplay.

But the Steam version also requires Uplay so there's no real benefit to the Steam version aside from the "I want all my stuff on Steam" thing.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Nope, just Uplay.

But the Steam version also requires Uplay so there's no real benefit to the Steam version aside from the "I want all my stuff on Steam" thing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Might as well optionally add it over Steam as a Non-Steam game...
...just so your Steam Friends can see what the hell you're playing.

But the Steam version also requires Uplay so there's no real benefit to the Steam version aside from the "I want all my stuff on Steam" thing.[/QUOTE]

But if you launch the Steam version, does it automatically sign you into Uplay and start the game from there? Does the Uplay version do the same thing if I added it as a non-Steam shortcut?

I ask because I want to play this on Steam's Big Picture Mode, meaning I'd launch it with a controller. If I have to launch it through a Uplay browser, then the whole thing is ruined.

[quote name='SOLDIER']But if you launch the Steam version, does it automatically sign you into Uplay and start the game from there? Does the Uplay version do the same thing if I added it as a non-Steam shortcut?[/QUOTE]
I don't have it on Steam so I can't answer that for you. Sorry.

[quote name='SOLDIER']But if you launch the Steam version, does it automatically sign you into Uplay and start the game from there? Does the Uplay version do the same thing if I added it as a non-Steam shortcut?

I ask because I want to play this on Steam's Big Picture Mode, meaning I'd launch it with a controller. If I have to launch it through a Uplay browser, then the whole thing is ruined.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that it does based on my experience with AC: Brotherhood. That game is 2 years old but on PC, even the Steam-bought version launches a separate uPlay client and I have to use a mouse click "play" to actually play the game, which breaks Big Picture. It's kind of shitty and they should fix that (Ubi, I mean).

[quote name='MachineElf']Is the Xbox version of this supposed to be $49.99? Making it $39.99 after the promo?[/QUOTE]

No just PS3 and PC/DVD at this point. Who knows if the Xbox version will but the Prime code does apply to Xbox 360 and download version.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Looks like I'm in for one even though I'm saving up for a Ipad. Damn you OP! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well good luck with that! I was going to get this at TRU today with COD BOP2 but they did not have FC3. While not quite as good per game cost I was not really interested in COD yet.

[quote name='MachineElf']Is the Xbox version of this supposed to be $49.99? Making it $39.99 after the promo?[/QUOTE]

You might want to wait and see, it isn't $49.99 yet for Xbox, but since Amazon is matching the Target ad price for PS3 it makes sense that they should drop the 360 price to the same as well.

Ack, price went up in my cart. I flim-flammed for a couple hours and then decided to take the plunge. Serves me right I guess.

Hopefully steam's got it on sale for around the same this sale.

[quote name='groundskeeper']No just PS3 and PC/DVD at this point. Who knows if the Xbox version will but the Prime code does apply to Xbox 360 and download version.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Here's hoping the 360 version gets the same pricing.

Great game; don't let bad memories of FC2 put you off (even though I liked that game) because this game is what Assassin's Creed II was to Assassin's Creed.

[quote name='Jodou']Great game; don't let bad memories of FC2 put you off (even though I liked that game) because this game is what Assassin's Creed II was to Assassin's Creed.[/QUOTE]

And is what Mass Effect 2was to Mass Effect.

$59.99 -

$10 off code
$10 off Student
$10 promo code
$17 rewards I had
---------------------

Just bought this game for $12.96

[quote name='Diad']PCDVD with code is $30?! win[/QUOTE]

What is the code?

EDIT - I think it's dead, link is showing at $49.96 now

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karaethon']What is the code?[/QUOTE]

FC3AMZNS

Also, I bought FC3 from Kmart. Can I just use this copy to turn it in and get my 60 back?

[quote name='Owlmanus']FC3AMZNS

Also, I bought FC3 from Kmart. Can I just use this copy to turn it in and get my 60 back?[/QUOTE]

Should work. Barcodes should be identical.

[quote name='jeremyh120']Heh whoa now...[/QUOTE]

The first Mass Effect was boring and had no urge to move forward. Mass Effect 2 changed all that.

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed it for $40 for the PC physical copy. I should find out if Steam sells it cheaper before it ships and just cancel if it is.

[quote name='ColdBrew']Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed it for $40 for the PC physical copy. I should find out if Steam sells it cheaper before it ships and just cancel if it is.[/QUOTE]

Steam is still $50 for regular version.

Just used the code and was able to get a PS3 version for $39.99. On the item page it also mentioned free one day shipping, so I selected the $3.99 one-day shipping at checkout and they credited a shipping discount.

So, Far Cry 3 :ps3: for $39.99 and one-day shipping. Actually, free, since I had credit from sending in some textbooks. Thank you, Amazon.

I just got the physical copy for PC for $15 with my prime account and the FC3AMZNS code. Thanks very much, guys who posted about this deal and the code.

[quote name='jmood88']I just got the physical copy for PC for $15 with my prime account and the FC3AMZNS code. Thanks very much, guys who posted about this deal and the code.[/QUOTE]

That had to be with credit from something else, I'm seeing $29 before tax at the very least if you got this deal tonight.

I had a $5 credit that I forgot about but everyone else with a student account and the code should be able to get it for $20.

[quote name='jmood88']I had a $5 credit that I forgot about but everyone else with a student account and the code should be able to get it for $20.[/QUOTE]
It's currently $39.99 before $10 off. So it'd be $29.99, as stated above.

[quote name='Trace17']I keep hoping Amazon will match Target's 39.99 before code but I don't think they'll be doing that.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here....I don't know why they can't.... I've submitted a lot of price match things on their site...I'm so mad I missed that Christmas Day (couple hour) sale.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Same here....I don't know why they can't.... I've submitted a lot of price match things on their site...I'm so mad I missed that Christmas Day (couple hour) sale.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version dropped to $39.99 on Christmas day, but was back up by the 26th. I got in at this price and the $10 off worked too.

[quote name='DarkZion']It's currently $39.99 before $10 off. So it'd be $29.99, as stated above.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure why you two aren't understanding what I'm writing. You get $20 off with the student prime account AND the code that was posted. $10 for the prime account plus $10 for the code (FC3AMZNS).

[quote name='jmood88']I'm not sure why you two aren't understanding what I'm writing. You get $20 off with the student prime account AND the code that was posted. $10 for the prime account plus $10 for the code (FC3AMZNS).[/QUOTE]

what are you talking about? The code only works for student prime account so only $10 valid

If you have a student prime account, the $10 discount is applied automatically and the code gives you an extra $10 off.

[quote name='jmood88']I just used it last night and got an additional $10 after entering it.[/QUOTE]

I got the PS3 version for $30, so you getting it for $20? how? are you sure that's not some credit leftover in your account?

Actually, I just looks it up and I missed something in the initial post. I guess I had some other discounts that I had no idea about. Sorry about that.

And the convenience of not having to rely on UPlay to send you your files if you decide to play it again in the future. The convenience of not having to keep a disc around. The convenience of not having to keep it installed on your PC forever.

Publishers need to realize they either need to match the convenience of Steam or they need to just work with Steam. Amazon, GMG, and others have proven that Steamworks can work well with any digital store. Publishers need to either get VERY serious or they need to stop altogether.

Because Uplay is a very annoying middle ground that is not at all appealing or useful. Somehow, Ubisoft has managed to take everything that is bad about Origin and nothing that is actually good about it, then turn that into a service.

[quote name='jmood88']I'm not sure why you two aren't understanding what I'm writing. You get $20 off with the student prime account AND the code that was posted. $10 for the prime account plus $10 for the code (FC3AMZNS).[/QUOTE]

Yea idk what you mean.....?

bread's done
Back