Far Cry 3 PS3 $50/ $40 PC/DVD- $10 extra off for Student Prime members

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Just used the code and was able to get a PS3 version for $39.99. On the item page it also mentioned free one day shipping, so I selected the $3.99 one-day shipping at checkout and they credited a shipping discount.

So, Far Cry 3 :ps3: for $39.99 and one-day shipping. Actually, free, since I had credit from sending in some textbooks. Thank you, Amazon.

#32 jmood88

jmood88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

I just got the physical copy for PC for $15 with my prime account and the FC3AMZNS code. Thanks very much, guys who posted about this deal and the code.

#33 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

I just got the physical copy for PC for $15 with my prime account and the FC3AMZNS code. Thanks very much, guys who posted about this deal and the code.

That had to be with credit from something else, I'm seeing $29 before tax at the very least if you got this deal tonight.

#34 jmood88

jmood88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

I had a $5 credit that I forgot about but everyone else with a student account and the code should be able to get it for $20.

#35 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

I had a $5 credit that I forgot about but everyone else with a student account and the code should be able to get it for $20.

It's currently $39.99 before $10 off. So it'd be $29.99, as stated above.

DarkZion9.png

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#36 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

I keep hoping Amazon will match Target's 39.99 before code but I don't think they'll be doing that.:cry:

#37 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

I keep hoping Amazon will match Target's 39.99 before code but I don't think they'll be doing that.:cry:

Same here....I don't know why they can't.... I've submitted a lot of price match things on their site...I'm so mad I missed that Christmas Day (couple hour) sale.
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#38 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Same here....I don't know why they can't.... I've submitted a lot of price match things on their site...I'm so mad I missed that Christmas Day (couple hour) sale.

The 360 version dropped to $39.99 on Christmas day, but was back up by the 26th. I got in at this price and the $10 off worked too.
Posted Image

#39 jmood88

jmood88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

It's currently $39.99 before $10 off. So it'd be $29.99, as stated above.

I'm not sure why you two aren't understanding what I'm writing. You get $20 off with the student prime account AND the code that was posted. $10 for the prime account plus $10 for the code (FC3AMZNS).

#40 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I'm not sure why you two aren't understanding what I'm writing. You get $20 off with the student prime account AND the code that was posted. $10 for the prime account plus $10 for the code (FC3AMZNS).

what are you talking about? The code only works for student prime account so only $10 valid

#41 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I just used it last night and got an additional $10 after entering it.

I got the PS3 version for $30, so you getting it for $20? how? are you sure that's not some credit leftover in your account?

#42 jmood88

jmood88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Actually, I just looks it up and I missed something in the initial post. I guess I had some other discounts that I had no idea about. Sorry about that.

#43 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

Nope, just Uplay.

But the Steam version also requires Uplay so there's no real benefit to the Steam version aside from the "I want all my stuff on Steam" thing.

And the convenience of not having to rely on UPlay to send you your files if you decide to play it again in the future. The convenience of not having to keep a disc around. The convenience of not having to keep it installed on your PC forever.

Publishers need to realize they either need to match the convenience of Steam or they need to just work with Steam. Amazon, GMG, and others have proven that Steamworks can work well with any digital store. Publishers need to either get VERY serious or they need to stop altogether.

Because Uplay is a very annoying middle ground that is not at all appealing or useful. Somehow, Ubisoft has managed to take everything that is bad about Origin and nothing that is actually good about it, then turn that into a service.

#44 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Yea idk what you mean.....?
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#45 MXRider

MXRider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

anyone think amazon will still price match target for the 360 version?

#46 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

anyone think amazon will still price match target for the 360 version?

I'm really hoping....I've been holding out since I missed the Christmas deal. But I'm not optimistic at this point...

#47 venkman781

venkman781

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

A bit miffed that the PCDVD version on amazon is $39.99 but the direct download is still at $49.99. Blargh.

#48 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

And the convenience of not having to rely on UPlay to send you your files if you decide to play it again in the future. The convenience of not having to keep a disc around. The convenience of not having to keep it installed on your PC forever.

Publishers need to realize they either need to match the convenience of Steam or they need to just work with Steam. Amazon, GMG, and others have proven that Steamworks can work well with any digital store. Publishers need to either get VERY serious or they need to stop altogether.

Because Uplay is a very annoying middle ground that is not at all appealing or useful. Somehow, Ubisoft has managed to take everything that is bad about Origin and nothing that is actually good about it, then turn that into a service.

Is this true? I have been asking around about the same thing but I was told that if I register the CD key that the DVD copy comes with on Uplay, I can then download the game and install it anytime I want via Uplay, like Steam does...

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#49 ziphifi

ziphifi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'm sort of new to the PC gaming world, and wanted to get this to put my rig through the paces. If I buy a CD, can I just use the code to download the game from UPlay, or will I need to keep the disc in the whole time?

If that's the case then I'll probably just spend the extra $10 and do the digital download version.

#50 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

loving Far cry 3 so far, one of the few games got me laugh even when I die (a fcking tiger jumped on me lol)

#51 RepedeGoesWoof

RepedeGoesWoof

Woof Woof Woof

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

I'm sort of new to the PC gaming world, and wanted to get this to put my rig through the paces. If I buy a CD, can I just use the code to download the game from UPlay, or will I need to keep the disc in the whole time?

If that's the case then I'll probably just spend the extra $10 and do the digital download version.

The disc version should let you download the game from Uplay in the future. Games are tied to accounts.

666277.png

#52 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

The disc version should let you download the game from Uplay in the future. Games are tied to accounts.

Just to be clear, do you mean that it should let me download it whenever I want, for future reference...or that it will be a feature that is available sometime in the future? :P

EDIT: Oops. Thought about buying it last night, wanted to wait until this morning. Now it's back up to full price.

Edited by Bill Mcdougal, 30 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#53 baraam

baraam

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

farcry 3 download price dropped to 37.49 comes out to 27.49 after coupon..

Good thing I waited out.. YEAHH

#54 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Got the game for $39.99, (it was $49.99, and I used the code for $10 off), for the 360. One of my friends who has the game said it was really good, so I bit on impulse. Used a portion of my $100 gift card, and still have enough left over for Aliens: Colonial Marines in February.