smallest lcd tv for good playability

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I travel for work alot and some of the hotels dont allow hook ups to the tv's they have so i want to start bringing a small lcd tv with me to play old xbox, ps2 and so forth on. I have the psone with its small screen and it works ok but id like to go bigger. It really needs to fit in my laptop bag so i think 17in is the maximum size i could get. Is that size even worth it to play on? I think itll be fine for older 16 bit systems but i think itll look like hell with my xbox. Im worried i wont be able to see the finer details unless im really close.

#2 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Maybe you'll want something that connects to your laptop or something.

Batsugunner.png

#3 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I actually ordered a 3m pocket projector. Hopefully itll work.

#4 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

This little pcoket projector i got works mint. I havent tried it on the 360 or ps3 but on the old xbox and down its awesome. I got the mpro150 off ebay for short money so i figured i couldnt lose. Picture quality is great but gets less and less effective the bigger you make it. In a decently dark room itll project a good picture bigger than my 55in plasma so 60in+ is doable. If i seal the room up completely to pitch black its probably close to 90in and still have decent colors. Even in a room with lights you can still use it but the pic will only be about 30in or so. Works great with my laptops and iphone too.
I cant believe i never got one of these before. Even the audio is good.

#5 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

I think 19" would be the best to play on due to your travels..i play PS3 games on a 22" LCD and it looks fine while sitting about 8 feet away.

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#6 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

just get this and bring an ps3 or 360!

http://www.primagame...4-portable-gami

#7 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Toshiba used to sell a pretty good 4:3 tv, that's even used in the filming of Retro Game Master. Dammit that they only sell something close to 16:10 or something these days, and any 4:3 option is a computer monitor.

Batsugunner.png

#8 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

just get this and bring an ps3 or 360!

http://www.primagame...4-portable-gami

That things kinda pimp but i wont bring my newer systems with me. I used to but they cant handle traveling nearly as well as the old systems. I think it would be a pain to try to hook up old systems too, if not impossible.

Im very happy with my projector anyway. Its only a little bigger than my cell phone and works great and is so simple to use even a caveman can do it. I can connect it to all my old systems, my laptops and even my iphone Only thing i cant hook it up to is my galaxy because it only does hdmi out and i dont have a converter.