Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/16 to 12/22) Buy Any 2 Wii Games, Get 1 Free at Target

• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#31 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Looks like I'm gonna have to cancel my BLOPS 2 order from Hastings and pick it up with another game for $70.

#32 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

If I hadn't just picked up absolution for "20" then I'd be getting that and far cry 3. Now I don't know what to pair it with.

#33 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

2 for $70 is still steep for me. By the time I can finish Borderlands 2, RE6, lollipop, GT5 and KoA, they would probably be sub $30, at least. I'm surprised you guys are willing to pay $35 if you got a backlog.

Just because you have a backlog doesn't mean you have to play them in the order you bought them. Sometimes it makes sense to get something new and play through it right away so you can trade it off before the value drops out. For example, if you could snag RE6 and Borderlands 2 or something for 70, then hopefully trade them or sell them for 15-20 each soon, it would make them more like $20 each. It's fuzzy math (and obviously works better if you can buy with credit and trade back for the same kind of credit), but it's certainly not a bad idea.

#34 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

I am hopeful that Blops2 holds its bonus promo value of $40.00 at GS till the 16th and I might trade that in and than just re-buy it with a copy of Far Cry 2 at TRU.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#35 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Well I should be able to PM Far Cry 3 to $50 with this ad. CS going to hate me tomorrow. I have lots of PMing to do.
Posted Image

#36 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well I should be able to PM Far Cry 3 to $50 with this ad. CS going to hate me tomorrow. I have lots of PMing to do.

The sale doesn't start for another week so I doubt you can price match it yet. Depends where you are price matching it to. All the Best Buy's in my area are so anal they consider this a combo deal and won't do it.

#37 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

The sale doesn't start for another week so I doubt you can price match it yet. Depends where you are price matching it to. All the Best Buy's in my area are so anal they consider this a combo deal and won't do it.

Ha! Did not even see that. The last $10 off sale they did I had no issue with Pming. I got $10 off BLOPs II, Borderlands, Halo 4, and Dishonored. That is fine though. I will only have 3 things tomorrow then. It seems to be easier to get them to PM just one game. I have never tried the B2 get $X off deals which are very YMMV.
Posted Image

#38 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

You can just PM it to Fry's (if it applies to your area) for $49.99

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#39 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

It says save $50 when u buy 2 but it also says save $10 when u buy certain ones, so this could really end up as buy 2 for $50 right?? If u buy 2 of the selected $10 off list?

#40 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Its one or the other.

#41 batangnoypi

batangnoypi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I just bought Far Cry 3 and Halo 4 with their B1G1 50% offer and with store pickup, do you think they will adjust my purchase? I have not tried before and maybe someone has.

#42 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I just bought Far Cry 3 and Halo 4 with their B1G1 50% offer and with store pickup, do you think they will adjust my purchase? I have not tried before and maybe someone has.

Your best bet is just to rebuy them during this sale and return those copies with your original receipt.

#43 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

I am getting Black Ops 2 & Far Cry 3 next week. Do they still do pre-owned trade-ins?
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#44 batangnoypi

batangnoypi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Your best bet is just to rebuy them during this sale and return those copies with your original receipt.

Thanks. I think I will call and see if they will adjust and if not then I will follow your suggestion.

#45 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Only $20 GC for the Xbox360 Kinect bundle? Both Target and Amazon have $25 this week. Guess I should have made the effort on BF. Oh well, maybe I can trade in enough stuff at GS and get it there.

#46 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Nice deal on halo. Wishing and hoping more games in that selection come last week of holiday shopping.

#47 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Ha! Did not even see that. The last $10 off sale they did I had no issue with Pming. I got $10 off BLOPs II, Borderlands, Halo 4, and Dishonored. That is fine though. I will only have 3 things tomorrow then. It seems to be easier to get them to PM just one game. I have never tried the B2 get $X off deals which are very YMMV.

You can just PM it to Fry's (if it applies to your area) for $49.99

Even easier, you can just PM Kmart's $49.99 price on FC3 the same week as these sales as long as you have a copy of the ad.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/22]:  :ps3: MGS3 HD (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#48 SuperbeastCraig

SuperbeastCraig

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Far Cry 3 (hopefully w/ a K-Mart price match) and BLOPS 2 for me! I've bought way too many games lately, but these deals are too good to pass up.

#49 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

will 2 for $70 work online too, or in store only?

#50 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

:360::ps3:Save $50 when you buy 2 or more of these Xbox 360 or PS3 games.
:360::ps3:Save $10 when you buy 1 of these Xbox 360 or PS3 games.
- Family Guy Back to the Multiverse
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Dishonored
- Farcry 3
- Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Fifa 13
- Kinect Star Wars
- Hitman Absolution
- Forza Horizon
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
- Medal of Honor Warfighter
- Epic Mickey 2 The Power of Two
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- Halo 4
- (ad got cut off, looks like Assassins Creed III)

I don't know what you mistook for Assassins Creed. It's not part of this particular deal. It's only on those 14 games you listed.

#51 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

damn the 3 pack skylanders are going to be $4 cheaper after groupon than when I bought them

#52 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Bahh I wish they have better 3DS selection.

Not bad in these two:

- Epic Mickey
- Scribblenauts Unlimited

#53 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Some of the Skylanders triple packs are showing up at $20 right now:
http://www.toysrus.c...dFindSrc=search

They also stack with the B1G1 50% video game sale.

SI

#54 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Some of the Skylanders triple packs are showing up at $20 right now:
http://www.toysrus.c...dFindSrc=search

They also stack with the B1G1 50% video game sale.

SI

All original Skylanders Adventure packs are normally $20. Its the Giants triples that are priced $24.99 and going on sale that week.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#55 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Makes more sense. I'm not a big Skylanders person but I've been looking for that one for a while (mainly to get the Warnado turtle) and hadn't seen it except online and marked up $10+

SI

#56 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Makes more sense. I'm not a big Skylanders person but I've been looking for that one for a while (mainly to get the Warnado turtle) and hadn't seen it except online and marked up $10+

SI

Yeah, I picked it up in store earlier in the week. The B1G1 50% is nice, but I had nothing else from series 1 needed. Just finished my collection.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#57 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

I just stacked it with Rayman Origins and wished I had known it was part of the sale last night as I would have picked it up with the $20 game I picked up last night (the increasingly difficult to find on sale 3rd Professor Layton) and struggled to find a companion for $20 so I didn't get the best deal.

So, instead of Prof Layton + Skylanders for $30 (minus $20 TRU groupon), I paid twice and got suboptimal deals both times (Prof Layton + Game I shouldn't have paid $20 for but was ok paying $10 for and Skylanders + $15 second game in Rayman Origins) :(

Sadly, this is the type of thing that can annoy me from time to time.

SI

#58 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Not bad in these two:

- Epic Mickey
- Scribblenauts Unlimited

I was thinking the exact same thing. Those two for $40 would be good, I just hope my local TRU actually has them in stock.

#59 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Anybody know off-hand how price matching games and the 2 for $50.00 off will react to each other if done at the same time? Looking at getting Far Cry 3 and Hitman in this deal but would also maybe try to work in the prices that K-mart will have on them that week.($49.99 for FC3 and $44.99 for Hitman)

#60 xNightfire147x

xNightfire147x

Loser in Love

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Anybody know off-hand how price matching games and the 2 for $50.00 off will react to each other if done at the same time? Looking at getting Far Cry 3 and Hitman in this deal but would also maybe try to work in the prices that K-mart will have on them that week.($49.99 for FC3 and $44.99 for Hitman)

Sadly at TRU if you price match an item it eliminates any corresponding deals attached to the item. So the only way you will get both the sale price and a pm is via a manager manually giving both deals which is going to pretty much be YMMV.