Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (12/16 to 12/22) Buy Any 2 Wii Games, Get 1 Free at Target

• Please log in to reply
451 replies to this topic

#241 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Long shot, but do you guys think Best Buy would price match this Buy Two Get One deal on Wii U games?

I have $50 in credit at BB that I haven't used since the summer. Want to get rid of it. Maybe I should just buy a $50 visa gift card and buy these games at Target?.

Worth a try. When you attempt the deal with Best Buy say what you said about the visa, that you prefer dealing and giving your business to Best Buy.

Basically, let it be known they are giving away business to Target. "If you guys don't want to match the deal, I'll just use my credit on a Visa card and get the games at Target". Don't be a dick or nothing, of course. I always use the "What is one sale going to hurt?".

Worst they can say is no, then you have to get the Visa and you still get the deal you wanted anyways. No losing at all on your part, unless you're afraid of looking like an ass. +1 in haggling.

#242 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

This is not gonna price match at BB. They will decline and call it a bundle deal.

#243 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

This is not gonna price match at BB. They will decline and call it a bundle deal.

Don't they always price match B2G1 free sales?

#244 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Should I grab a 3DSXL now from Best Buy @ $159.99 or will that be the regular price sooner than later?

#245 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Should I grab a 3DSXL now from Best Buy @ $159.99 or will that be the regular price sooner than later?

Now! Last day i thinkk

#246 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Depends on the store I guess. I've never been able to do a bundle deal, but I asked the temporary head gaming adviser and she said she would do it. I even mentioned the fact that it may be considered bundling, and she still said bring in the ad or a printed sheet with both items in your cart showing the deduction.

#247 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

wonder if 100% trade will come back any time soon, I have no room for these games on my shelf but I wan't to get more back for them...
Posted Image

#248 Sanges99

Sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

$50 off 2 games does seem too good to be true, $30 makes more sense

I'm not trying to add any validity to this unconfirmed sale, but TRU ran a sale like this not that long ago. I picked up Sleeping Dogs & Darksiders II for $60 total within the month that they came out (or shortly after). So in short, is this an absurd sale, sure but is it unheard of, no.

Posted Image

#249 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Now! Last day i thinkk

Today is the last day, just wondering how soon we'll see it that low again.

#250 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Tbh i dont think you'll see it that low again unless nintendo says a price cut but i think there will always be a 20-30$ gc deal with it thru the year .

#251 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Also why not get it now at target n pm bestbuy you can get it for 160$ + a 30$ gc.

#252 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Wonder if Amazon will match the 50$ Vita deal.

#253 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

so still no scan of ad? BB better honor this "bundle" or i'll just buy from toys r us and return the games to bb with my previous purchased receipts of far cry 3 and black ops. I demand so much as a consumer.......its pathetic

#254 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Not 3 games left I want I have most of the good games already, Nintendo already blowing it by not having a steady stream of games pumped out. They even claimed they were holding games back, DUMB IDEA!
Posted Image

#255 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

There is a scan of the ad page showing this deal up on slickdeals now. Good news now is that is an ad scan showing the deal. Bad news is now slickdeals knows about the deal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#256 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Not 3 games left I want I have most of the good games already, Nintendo already blowing it by not having a steady stream of games pumped out. They even claimed they were holding games back, DUMB IDEA!

Yeah samething with sony apparently they think releasing less games will be a good business move.

#257 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Do you guys recommend Far Cry 3 or Hitman?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#258 juniorortegalp1

juniorortegalp1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Toys r us closes at 1 am today so I called and asked if the sales started at midnight and they weren't sure. Anyone want to call and find out? They did say they open at 6 am tomorrow.

#259 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

It's tricky price matching during a sale @TRU not long ago I grabbed ac3 and angry birds.(buy one get one 50% off)

I went back 4 days later price matching both. I was supposed to get $20 but since the guy did as much as he could i only got $17 but what's $3 when I could have been told gtfo lol.

Also TRU gives back whatever you buy with (cash or gift card/credit card)

#260 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I have the ad.

:360:$20 gift card with purchase of an Xbox 360 4GB Game System with Kinect.

This is with the $99 + $15/month for 24 months contract deal.

:ps3:Free $30 gift card when you buy PS3 250GB Uncharted 3 Game System Bundle
(I missed part of the ad, it got cut off in my picture. It says "Save $30 plus free $30 gift card. Obviously there is more to this deal.)

This one I'm confused about. It says save $30, but below it says "Sale 269.99" which is the regular price of the bundle. Either this is a typo or TRU is trying to trick people into thinking a regular price is a sale price.

BOGO 50% off (Ad shows Just Dance 4 for Wii, Just Dance 3 for Wii, Just Dance Disney for 360, and Hip Hop Dance for 360. Seems like its if you buy Just Dance 4, get another 50% off. Again the ad is cut off a bit. Sorry I took these pics fast.)

It's Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on the four Dance games shown. Just Dance 4 doesn't need to be purchased for the deal. WiiU version of Just Dance 4 is excluded, as the deal is only for :360::ps3::wii: versions.

#261 Gsmack1

Gsmack1

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Just check the web site and the weekly ad is on there for this and the sale is in there

#262 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

This may be YMMV for ToysRUs, but you think you can do this (?):

1. Price match at TRU (12/16) using the ad from Target (12/16) which shows 50 for Far Cry 3 and 50 for Black Ops II.

2. Save 50$ with the TRU (12/16) offer IN ADDITION to the price match from Target (12/16).

[Had to put dates so people don't get confused]

I.E. Purchase Far Cry 3 and Black Ops II for 100 total, plus save 50 for the week's ad, so grand total would be 50 for both games?

Maybe you should try this AT Target with their sale. That's what I'm going to do tomorrow, might not work but its worth a shoot since things went smoothly with the best buy 3ds xl deal

#263 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

There's nothing to debate.

Far Cry.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#264 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Was at my TRU a few hours ago and they don't have any copies of Black ops 2 360 in stock. Guess I can skip waking up early tomorrow.

#265 SaltyDoughnut

SaltyDoughnut

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

So would the buy 2 Wii U games, get 1 free deal allow me to place a free pre-order? (on something like MH:3, Pikmin 3, or Rayman Legends)

#266 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

So would the buy 2 Wii U games, get 1 free deal allow me to place a free pre-order? (on something like MH:3, Pikmin 3, or Rayman Legends)

I think thats ymmv imo

#267 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Maybe you should try this AT Target with their sale. That's what I'm going to do tomorrow, might not work but its worth a shoot since things went smoothly with the best buy 3ds xl deal

Target is only matching b1g1 free as long as the items are the same price. This is considered bundling so they will most likely shoot it down.

#268 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hitman was good, but seeing as its been 40> after deals, I'd say get it when it's cheaper. Far cry 3 will have more to do. I'm picking that up tomorrow and I'm tempted to trade in my copy of hitman.

#269 leopaw

leopaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Walmart.com just price matched the deal with free shipping!

#270 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Highly doubt it...
Posted Image