Walmart: Assassin's Creed 3 Steel Book <$2 ymmv

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kdnewton

kdnewton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Visited my local WalMart this evening and saw Assassin's Creed III steel books (just the collectable cases) for $1.24 in the XBox case.

No joy at Lincoln Fields in Ottawa. The have 2 Steelbooks, but they scan at 2¢, and CSR said you had to buy the full game to get them.

I don't have AC3 but figured what they hell, why not buy one for when I finally pick it up. My local WalMart sold it to me for $1.24 by itself, no need to purchase with the game.

Edited by kdnewton, 20 December 2012 - 07:13 AM.

Posted Image

#2 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

Nice. Very YMMV, but there weren't any around me by the time I pre-ordered in July.

#3 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm assuming this was the one with Connor? If so that's awesome. If you can't find them at Wal-Mart try Futureshop, the one near me had a whole rack of steelbooks out for $10 each. I managed to get them to do 3 for $15

#4 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

did they have the steelbook for AC3 for the PSVita? That's the one I need.

#5 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

did they have the steelbook for AC3 for the PSVita? That's the one I need.

Future Shop exclusive.

#6 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, I'm just not trying to pay $40 for one.

#7 mabba18

mabba18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

No joy at Lincoln Fields in Ottawa. The have 2 Steelbooks, but they scan at 2¢, and CSR said you had to buy the full game to get them.

#8 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, I'm just not trying to pay $40 for one.

They're $10 per steelbook at the Futureshop near my house. I'm friendly with the CSR so he did 3/$15 for me. This is the Kennedy Rd location in Scarborough.

#9 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:54 AM

You could just go in sometime that CSR isn't there, and bring one up to the counter and say "Hey I heard on RFD that these are on clearance for 2¢, is that true?". Like this they know you're a cheap Fuck (yeah, say RFD), and you've fished for a positive response knowing what they scan at. More likely than not they'd give it to you.
Posted Image

#10 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

You could just go in sometime that CSR isn't there, and bring one up to the counter and say "Hey I heard on RFD that these are on clearance for 2¢, is that true?". Like this they know you're a cheap Fuck (yeah, say RFD), and you've fished for a positive response knowing what they scan at. More likely than not they'd give it to you.

No no, never mention RFD. Say your "friend" told you they are on clearance for 2c.

#11 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

Certainly that's what I would usually do when asking about a real deal. But here the namedrop tells them how you'd react to whatever they'd say. You don't want to just get the line about having to buy a game at full price. It's better to have them think you're a retard who would refuse that and raise some sort of stink. The "friend" line doesn't increase your chances in any way.
Posted Image

#12 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Not sure if anyone would be willing to help a fellow CAG out, but I live in the US and am a new collector of steelbook games. I have made a pretty nice start this year, but always have a hard time getting a lot of the canadian exclusives namely from futureshop, walmart, etc. Would anyone be willing to purchase me an extra copy as you are there to get your own? I would paypal you the $$ in advance and obviously pay for shipping, your time, etc. I'm not sure i'll have any takers but I thought I would ask. Thanks!

#13 chicoquente

chicoquente

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

I have an extra copy of this one below, it is the Future Shop one though not Walmart. If you are interested please PM me.

Posted Image

#14 ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Not sure if anyone would be willing to help a fellow CAG out, but I live in the US and am a new collector of steelbook games. I have made a pretty nice start this year, but always have a hard time getting a lot of the canadian exclusives namely from futureshop, walmart, etc. Would anyone be willing to purchase me an extra copy as you are there to get your own? I would paypal you the $$ in advance and obviously pay for shipping, your time, etc. I'm not sure i'll have any takers but I thought I would ask. Thanks!

I am going to stop in at my wal-mart on the way home from work this evening. If they have them I will grab an extra one for ya. :bouncy:

I have seen them giving away stacks at futureshop before, but never was really a steelbook collector.

#15 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

can you check for any other steels that are cheap while you are there too?

#16 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

A few people have already reached out to me. Thanks everyone for your willingness to help out another CAG!

#17 CowntChocula

CowntChocula

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:29 AM

Is anyone able to get an extra bioshock infinite pre-order case? I would buy it off you.