Walmart: Assassin's Creed 3 Steel Book <$2 ymmv

kdnewton

CAGiversary!
Visited my local WalMart this evening and saw Assassin's Creed III steel books (just the collectable cases) for $1.24 in the XBox case.

[quote name='mabba18']No joy at Lincoln Fields in Ottawa. The have 2 Steelbooks, but they scan at 2¢, and CSR said you had to buy the full game to get them.[/QUOTE]

I don't have AC3 but figured what they hell, why not buy one for when I finally pick it up. My local WalMart sold it to me for $1.24 by itself, no need to purchase with the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming this was the one with Connor? If so that's awesome. If you can't find them at Wal-Mart try Futureshop, the one near me had a whole rack of steelbooks out for $10 each. I managed to get them to do 3 for $15

No joy at Lincoln Fields in Ottawa. The have 2 Steelbooks, but they scan at 2¢, and CSR said you had to buy the full game to get them.

[quote name='strizay']Yeah, I'm just not trying to pay $40 for one.[/QUOTE]

They're $10 per steelbook at the Futureshop near my house. I'm friendly with the CSR so he did 3/$15 for me. This is the Kennedy Rd location in Scarborough.

[quote name='mabba18']No joy at Lincoln Fields in Ottawa. The have 2 Steelbooks, but they scan at 2¢, and CSR said you had to buy the full game to get them.[/QUOTE]

You could just go in sometime that CSR isn't there, and bring one up to the counter and say "Hey I heard on RFD that these are on clearance for 2¢, is that true?". Like this they know you're a cheap fuck (yeah, say RFD), and you've fished for a positive response knowing what they scan at. More likely than not they'd give it to you.

[quote name='ragnar14']You could just go in sometime that CSR isn't there, and bring one up to the counter and say "Hey I heard on RFD that these are on clearance for 2¢, is that true?". Like this they know you're a cheap fuck (yeah, say RFD), and you've fished for a positive response knowing what they scan at. More likely than not they'd give it to you.[/QUOTE]

No no, never mention RFD. Say your "friend" told you they are on clearance for 2c.

Certainly that's what I would usually do when asking about a real deal. But here the namedrop tells them how you'd react to whatever they'd say. You don't want to just get the line about having to buy a game at full price. It's better to have them think you're a retard who would refuse that and raise some sort of stink. The "friend" line doesn't increase your chances in any way.

Not sure if anyone would be willing to help a fellow CAG out, but I live in the US and am a new collector of steelbook games. I have made a pretty nice start this year, but always have a hard time getting a lot of the canadian exclusives namely from futureshop, walmart, etc. Would anyone be willing to purchase me an extra copy as you are there to get your own? I would paypal you the $$ in advance and obviously pay for shipping, your time, etc. I'm not sure i'll have any takers but I thought I would ask. Thanks!

I have an extra copy of this one below, it is the Future Shop one though not Walmart. If you are interested please PM me.

10210221-Exclusive-SteelBook-AC3-680x485.jpg

[quote name='udryguy']Not sure if anyone would be willing to help a fellow CAG out, but I live in the US and am a new collector of steelbook games. I have made a pretty nice start this year, but always have a hard time getting a lot of the canadian exclusives namely from futureshop, walmart, etc. Would anyone be willing to purchase me an extra copy as you are there to get your own? I would paypal you the $$ in advance and obviously pay for shipping, your time, etc. I'm not sure i'll have any takers but I thought I would ask. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am going to stop in at my wal-mart on the way home from work this evening. If they have them I will grab an extra one for ya. :bouncy:

I have seen them giving away stacks at futureshop before, but never was really a steelbook collector.

bread's done
Back