Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#3331 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, that'd probably be the worst outcome. However, arent' Dishonored and Skyrim Steamworks? There's no way they CAN'T give codes for those games. So I'd guess that we'll see Steam codes for all the games eventually.

I hope.

Yeah, I hope so. Patience, patience...

I got that notification when I went to click on the "Show serial sey" button.

Oh I see. In my account there's no "Show serial key" button. When I click on "Bethesda Collection" nothing happens :roll:

#3332 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

FYI: This is what my Library shows...

Spoiler

I only managed to get 6 keys before I decided to go to bed.

I think that's similar to what I see, only I don't even have the individual listing of games. Just the "Bethesda New Year Collection" entry.

#3333 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think that's similar to what I see, only I don't even have the individual listing of games. Just the "Bethesda New Year Collection" entry.

Same here, only the Bethesda entry and when I click nothing happens, guess we'll just have to wait. 8-)

#3334 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

FYI there's a few Beth stuff that as of now are still generating keys. Oblivion and New Vegas both did for me. Even if you can't get most of them you can probably still get a couple.

Also don't forget to star rate everything for 50 blue coins each. :-P

I guess I should go to the selling thread and start trying to sell what I can.

Source is from Reddit

http://www.reddit.co..._at_gamersgate/

if you feel like digging through

Seems like he used a VPN though... so that probably explains it.

Every 'MY ACCOUNT WAS LOCKED AND I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG' story somehow always seems to end with either finding out that person bought or was attempting to buy something in a region they shouldn't be buying in or 'So I traded with this Russian...'

So...which sims packs are worth it? The thread seems to be derailing here.

All of the smaller EXP packs are complete ripoffs. The best regular expansions are Ambitions, Pets and Generations. I'm not sure about Seasons... haven't had a chance to play that one yet!

I agree with that for the most part. I'd say Ambitions and Showtime myself because they let you play out careers. Pets to me is just shorter furrier sims with much more limited interactions but all kids (and a lot of adults) seem to go bonkers over it.

Am I missing something?

Sleeping Dogs is £10.19 today (66% off) at GreenManGaming. With voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 you can knock another 30% off the balance to bring it down to £7.14.

I'm ok with that. But then they're offering a £3 cashback?! That would bring the effective price down to £4.14. For Sleeping Dogs.

My logic:

Posted Image

Any ideas? Tempted to take the plunge and hope for the best.

EDIT: Update: Colons: I took the plunge, it says my refund will take 3-5 working days (which effectively means January). Not bothered about the timing, so long as it comes in. If legit then this is a a cracking deal.

Oh my gosh I don't know if my heart can take another crazy deal. Anyway, bought. Thanks for the heads up.

#3335 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

I have the complete listing, but when clicking on the Show Serial I get the message about being out of keys. Can't really complain about a couple of days of waiting
Posted Image

#3336 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I guess I should go to the selling thread and start trying to sell what I can.

Hopefully the rest of us will be able to sell our copies in January when the keys pop.

Oh my gosh I don't know if my heart can take another crazy deal. Anyway, bought. Thanks for the heads up.

Ugh, yeah, I think I might be deal-ed out after last night. Just hoping I can make back some of what I spent eventually.

#3337 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

I have the complete listing, but when clicking on the Show Serial I get the message about being out of keys. Can't really complain about a couple of days of waiting

May the Heavens hear you and make it a two-day waiting :pray:
Spoiler

#3338 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm tempted, but this seems like the sort of game that will receive bundle treatment from Amazon, with an amazing price.

#3339 KnotInMud12

KnotInMud12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Anyone have a full set they'd be willing to sell close to or at cost for the bethesda bundle?

#3340 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

so it was a glitch...oh and they took the the deal? awesome even more exclusive......but no keys..

time to wait i guess...

#3341 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Just a heads up, the Ravaged devs gave out free full copies to anyone who participated in their beta.

#3342 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

What a douche:

So I did the gift trick last night and got all the keys. I sent a mail to Gamersgate today morning saying I didn't get any keys, since all the games in my shelf no longer show the keys. I said I wanted to cancel my order if possible, and they refunded the money on paypal. So free games and doublestab!!!

#3343 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

The mass of (not-included) DLC worries me a bit with Sleeping Dogs. I don't want to buy it now for $6 then find out in a year or so that the complete pack is cheaper than buying the DLC that I want.

#3344 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

What a douche:

How the hell did he get such a quick response from GamersGate, anyway. It's always taken at least 3 days for me to get a response.

The mass of (not-included) DLC worries me a bit with Sleeping Dogs. I don't want to buy it now for $6 then find out in a year or so that the complete pack is cheaper than buying the DLC that I want.

Same here, it's Square Enix so it's pretty much guaranteed to have a bundle deal like Saints Row 3 did.

#3345 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Oh Gamersgate you so crazy.

Posted Image

Unfortunately there is no buy button.

I'm tempted, but this seems like the sort of game that will receive bundle treatment from Amazon, with an amazing price.

I went for it. It was $11 and change plus $6 back in GMG credit which I am sure I will use. That makes it effectively around $5. I don't see even Tony getting it cheaper than that for a long time.

Anyone have a full set they'd be willing to sell close to or at cost for the bethesda bundle?

Try the selling thread. There are people there selling some but I think expecting the whole bundle at cost with most people being cockblocked until January is a bit unreasonable.

#3346 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hopefully the rest of us will be able to sell our copies in January when the keys pop.

Ugh, yeah, I think I might be deal-ed out after last night. Just hoping I can make back some of what I spent eventually.

Posted Image

2ic4l5j.jpg

#3347 BoringPat

BoringPat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

mayans run on north american time duhhh

Am I missing something?

Sleeping Dogs is £10.19 today (66% off) at GreenManGaming. With voucher code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 you can knock another 30% off the balance to bring it down to £7.14.

I'm ok with that. But then they're offering a £3 cashback?! That would bring the effective price down to £4.14. For Sleeping Dogs.

My logic:

Posted Image

Any ideas? Tempted to take the plunge and hope for the best.

EDIT: Update: Colons: I took the plunge, it says my refund will take 3-5 working days (which effectively means January). Not bothered about the timing, so long as it comes in. If legit then this is a a cracking deal.

I chose the in store credit instead. So with the credit, the game is only $6.00USD! Good value!:hot:
Posted Image
Games are meant to be bought and hoarded!

#3348 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

I chose the in store credit instead. So with the credit, the game is only $6.00USD! Good value!:hot:

Did you get the credit added straight away?

#3349 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

FWIW The GMG Sleeping dogs comes with the Community Gift Pack, Triad Enforcer Pack and Valve T-Shirt Pack :-P DLCs.

This is in the US region. Not sure if other regions get different stuff.

Did you get the credit added straight away?

Yes. It's in my account now and I'm already trying to figure out what to use it on.

#3350 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

I went for it. It was $11 and change plus $6 back in GMG credit which I am sure I will use. That makes it effectively around $5. I don't see even Tony getting it cheaper than that for a long time.

Probably won't be cheaper for the base game for a while, but I guess I can't resist having all the DLC. I'd rather pay a bit more for a collection with all DLC.

#3351 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

7 HOURS. 7 F***ING HOURS OF TRYING. Surely I can take a DAY off of being a CAG. Just... just a day? Maybe at least a couple of hours? Surely a couple of hours. Or an hour. Just... just 1 hour. Please?

#3352 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

I think people are still hammering Gamersgate because I can't even get the frontpage open.

fs_overall.png

#3353 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

FWIW The GMG Sleeping dogs comes with the Community Gift Pack, Triad Enforcer Pack and Valve T-Shirt Pack :-P DLCs.

The Community Gift Pack and the Valve T-Shirt Pack are free for everyone.

Yes. It's in my account now and I'm already trying to figure out what to use it on.

Temping....

#3354 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Probably won't be cheaper for the base game for a while, but I guess I can't resist having all the DLC. I'd rather pay a bit more for a collection with all DLC.

I went to look and at first went 'man that's a lot of DLC' then I looked at the descriptions and the vast majority of it is cosmetic crap.

Meh, I can live without the outfits and extra guns and such. *shrug*

I guess I can understand people waiting though if they really want all that. I did wait to get Saints Row until the $13 franchise pack popped up.

The Community Gift Pack and the Valve T-Shirt Pack are free for everyone.

I was just looking to see what came with it on the installed DLC tab. I hadn't really been following this game that closely until now.

#3355 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

This is in the US region. Not sure if other regions get different stuff.

Cool, didn't even realize it came with DLC. I just straight up bought it as soon as I saw it. This is one of those game that I doubt I'd actually buy DLC for. I didn't have any intention on buying it in the first place.

For the credit, you could buy Skyrim, Dishonored, Fallout... uh, yeah, I'll get back to you.

#3356 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I think people are still hammering Gamersgate because I can't even get the frontpage open.

It's loading fine for me.

I went to look and at first went 'man that's a lot of DLC' then I looked at the descriptions and the vast majority of it is cosmetic crap.

Meh, I can live without the outfits and extra guns and such. *shrug*

It looks like quite a bit of the DLC unlocks a mission or some kind of activity (race, fight, etc.)

I was just looking to see what came with it on the installed DLC tab. I hadn't really been following this game that closely until now.

I only know because I had just been reading the description under the image of Wei wearing the valve t-shirts.

#3357 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Sleeping Dogs for $11.90 (Using the GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 Coupon Code.) plus $6 GMG Credit is actually pretty tempting. However, I did take a look at all the DLC on Steam's product page, and, yeah, that is a lot of content. I think I'd prefer a more complete package, but that is a good price. As usual, I find myself torn.

#3358 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

re: Sleeping Dogs DLC

It's loading fine for me.
It looks like quite a bit of the DLC unlocks a mission or some kind of activity (race, fight, etc.)

That's interesting. Is there a list somewhere of which DLC unlocks?

It's kind of like Magic. At first you see a crap load of DLC and you think you need it all but really it's stuff that unlocks during the course of the game anyway.

#3359 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Yea, I'm tempted by Sleeping Dogs on GMG as well. Still wondering whether the extreme mouse slowness was caused by my system, the demo, or something else. I maxed out the sensitivity and I still had to move the mouse a ton just to turn. Made the chase scenes very tough.

#3360 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Wargame Escalation with all the DLC for $9.99 is a fantastic deal if you're into those types of games. It's gotten solid reviews and I was waiting for a price drop. Sold ! :applause: