Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#3451 vherub

vherub

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

that's a crazy deal on sleeping dogs, grabbed it with the credit back option

#3452 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Is $18.74 the cheapest for The Walking Dead? I want it right now to play it but I have a feeling that it will go on a Flash Sale.

It'll be 12.50 at Amazon 12/27-12/29

#3453 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Just sold my two giftable copies of Bethesda bundle. Now how does it work when I buy multiple copies that aren't for gifting only? I have two extra packs, but there isn't a gift option like there is on the giftable-only copies. Is this because I already requested serial keys for the first bundle I bought?

#3454 Ozonekill

Ozonekill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'm so bummed I have no stuff to buy this year (already bought everything) that I just bought The Sims 3 and an xpac. Instant buyers remorse.
Posted Image

#3455 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

Had an order that was in limbo that I decided to finish payment on. No games were attached to the collection, so I'm going to have to get a refund on that one.

Care to explain? I also have a collection that has no games attached - I figured they'd just show up later when they released the serials. They can't charge you for something and not give you anything for it.

#3456 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Is $18.74 the cheapest for The Walking Dead? I want it right now to play it but I have a feeling that it will go on a Flash Sale.

I don't remember where, but I picked it up for $9.99 at some point. It's in my Steam so I assume it was there?

#3457 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Just a heads up, the Ravaged devs gave out free full copies to anyone who participated in their beta.

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly, should've been done from the start.

For those talking about the Sleeping Dogs DLC, the base game alone is definitely worth it. The DLC is primarily cosmetic, only stuff I can really see worth buying are the DLC with extra missions but they ain't even important really. You can put in a good 20-30 hours on the base game. Incredibly fluid with a controller as well. Can't imagine on KB/M lol. Either way crazy ass deal, $11 then $4-6 cash/credit back. I don't regret getting it for $16 flat last month, had a ton of fun with it.

also voted Primordia. will be using $5 credit on Hotline at Amazon

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3458 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Looking forward to hearing about what you guys buy on the cheap with your $6 GMG credit while simultaneously getting Sleeping Dogs for an "effective" $6 less because of the credit.

I have Magic 2013 on XBLA but I got one of the DLC packs from Raptr for free on PC....yeah, I'll wait for 75% off. Didn't hesitate on Unmechanical, though.

Hotline Miami is basically a lock for at least a 50% (maybe 60%?) daily during the sale, so please vote Primordia.
Posted Image

#3459 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Sale price was around 90 I believe, that's still ~65 each though

For a price of 90$, GG would've made a decent profit. My guess would be that they have to pay around 75$ for each bundle they sold, so they probably lost around 50 dollars for each pack.

#3460 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I don't remember where, but I picked it up for $9.99 at some point. It's in my Steam so I assume it was there?

That was at Gamefly with the use of a coupon code stacked on a sale price I believe

#3461 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

FYI: This is what my Library shows...

Spoiler

I only managed to get 6 keys before I decided to go to bed.

Just sold my two giftable copies of Bethesda bundle. Now how does it work when I buy multiple copies that aren't for gifting only? I have two extra packs, but there isn't a gift option like there is on the giftable-only copies. Is this because I already requested serial keys for the first bundle I bought?

I assume you mean like me, where I bought two non-gift bundles. It'll just show up as two seperate "show serial key" buttons.

#3462 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

XCOM is 50% off ($25) at Get Games, if your up for it. Was $25 during Cyber Monday on Amazon DVG before too.
http://getgamesgo.co...M Enemy Unknown

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#3463 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Voted Primordia.

Sad my Bethesda pack never went through after 5 hours but hey I have a huge backlog that needs to be finished. Just started going through and completing games then tagging them with a category 'Completed' So I actually start finishing my backlog and not adding to it. haha.

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#3464 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm so bummed I have no stuff to buy this year (already bought everything) that I just bought The Sims 3 and an xpac. Instant buyers remorse.

Posted Image

T9rTk6Q.gif

#3465 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Care to explain? I also have a collection that has no games attached - I figured they'd just show up later when they released the serials. They can't charge you for something and not give you anything for it.

The first bundle I bought had a listing of all the games it came with, this one just showed the header with no games listed under it. I assume when they fixed the glitch they changed the collection contents to stop any more keys from being sold.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3466 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

The first bundle I bought had a listing of all the games it came with, this one just showed the header with no games listed under it. I assume when they fixed the glitch they changed the collection contents to stop any more keys from being sold.

This seems to be what's happening to me, too. I bought two non-giftable copies about an hour ago and I can't do anything with them in my inventory. I don't even get the extra listing that Neuro5i5 mentioned...

#3467 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I managed to get most of my Bethesda keys from Gamersgate last night. I only missed getting Rage. But now it's impossible to get it until January. Crap.

Stupid need for sleep.

Edited by The End, 22 December 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#3468 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

Huh. I wonder how that's going to work. Because mine says that keys will be available in january, but there aren't any games. I guess I'll wait and see - if they won't give me games, they'll have to give me a refund one way or another eventually.

#3469 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

XCOM is 50% off ($25) at Get Games, if your up for it. Was $25 during Cyber Monday on Amazon DVG before too.
http://getgamesgo.co...M Enemy Unknown

I want it but it bugs me knowing it was $20 at Gamefly recently with the coupon so I will wait.

Funny thing is on that sale people were saying 'I wonder if it will go cheaper on the Steam winter sale?' :lol:

#3470 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm also voting for Primordia, tho I haven't played any of the Wadjet Eye games I own yet. As others have said, Hotline Miami will get a daily, and use of Motorhead's Ace Of Spades doesn't give you that much credit.
Posted Image

#3471 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3472 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I managed to get most of my Bethesda keys from Gamersgate last night. I only missed getting Rage. But now it's impossible to get it until January. Crap.

Stupid need for sleep.

That's not too bad. Rage isn't a bad game, but of that pack, I highly doubt it would have been among the first played.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#3473 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

This seems to be what's happening to me, too. I bought two non-giftable copies about an hour ago and I can't do anything with them in my inventory. I don't even get the extra listing that Neuro5i5 mentioned...

I had to gift my copy to myself this morning (couldn't get it to go through last night) and I see nothing but the bundle picture in my game list. No list of games, keys or anything but my email to claim the gift did indicate that they were out of keys. Hopefully the game list will show up in my library when they get more keys.

#3474 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

[Insert Steam Sale Comics]

I feel slightly insulted by both of these comics. I mean so what if I own the entire Stronghold collection and I gift my girlfriend games her computer can't even run? She's going to have to upgrade someday, then it's on!

Edit: And you know, my problem is I just get greedy. I'm 8 games away from 400, I'll probably never play half of them, but I find myself sifting through the developer bundles going... "Well, I might enjoy Virtua Tennis 4 on the PC."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3475 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I only managed to activate one key last night. What the Fuck.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3476 amicuscuriae

amicuscuriae

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Here's an extra Legend of Grimrock Code (edit: key taken):

Spoiler

and an Indie Game: The Movie Code

Spoiler

Be a mensch and let us know if you used one.

Edited by amicuscuriae, 22 December 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#3477 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

In other news, I overslept and missed out on the Sims 3 flash sale.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3478 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Someone ninjaed the Grimrock code.

BTW, I'm wondering how many retailers have been using huge discounts on XCOM as loss leaders.
Posted Image

#3479 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Does anyone have any info on whether or not the Steam version of Far Cry 2 still contains SecuRom? They're not listing it under the 3rd Party DRM anymore, but a google search still showed that it had been in the Steam version at one time.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3480 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

In other news, I overslept and missed out on the Sims 3 flash sale.

Sims Medieval was 90% off Australia, like $2 AUS or something.

I don't know about the rest of the packs I didn't check. Maybe they were too.