Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#3541 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

CS:GO and dead island are tempting.
I wanted dead island at 75% off.
I know CS:GO has been 50% a couple times already.

Dead Island GOTY is supposed to be on sale on amazon for $5.99 from 12/24 - 12/26 and it's steamworks.

#3542 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Probably in for CS GO. I loved source, but never got around to getting GO. Also might pick up Dead Island GOTY to. I'm just hoping for a Walking Dead deal.

nvm about Dead Island just saw someone say Dead Island will be cheaper on Amazon soon

#3543 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Whew I almost thought we had a quote nightmare again.

Yeah, I saw the Inception-like reply box within a reply box within a reply box and went RUH ROH.

If anyone is still stuck with a "pending" GamersGate order (for the Bethesda pack) that PayPal won't complete, I got it to work and posted how in the GamersGate thread.

After like 80 pages of Gamersgate chatter in this thread now you decide it's off topic? ;)

#3544 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Is DOTA2 different than the beta passes? Will it always cost now, as I thought it would be f2p?

#3545 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Is DOTA2 different than the beta passes? Will it always cost now, as I thought it would be f2p?

It is F2P or will be at any rate. They are just forcing you to buy microtransaction crap to get "early access" for the time being.

Dota 2: Early Access Holiday Pack
Dota 2 is a Free to Play game, that is not yet fully released. The game is constantly being updated with new heroes and new features.

The Early Access Pack is your opportunity to get in the game now. Your purchase includes a giftable Early Access Pass to Dota 2 in addition to the following in-game items!

Crystal Maiden - Snowdrop Set
Snowdrop Hood
Snowdrop Mantle
Snowdrop Mittens
Snowdrop Staff
Snowdrop Tassels

Mighty Boar Courier

Juggernaut - Traveler on the High Plains Set:
Stoic Mask of the High Plains
Wolf Cape of the High Plains
Aspect Wraps of the High Plains
Long-Fang the Grey Blade

Sven - Swordmaster of the Vigil Set:
Tayrnhelm of the Swordmaster
Girth of the Swordmaster
Fluted Guard of the Swordmaster
Grip of the Swordmaster

Witchdoctor - "Staff of the Old Doctor" & "Wooden Fetish Mask"

#3546 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

No. It's a trap.

Basically they give you in addition some rather unworthy (besides Snowdrop set), but overpriced cosmetic items.

#3547 Recon116

Recon116

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Anybody that wants an invite for DOTA 2 pm me. I have 4 invites that are just going to sit in my inventory (Like the SMNC beta invites) if I don't get rid of them before the game is "released."

steam_sig.png

#3548 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Seriously, Gaben is trolling with that $15 Dota 2 daily. 'nother waste of a sale spot.

#3549 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Man I bought a ton of steam credit hoping to get some awesome deals but so far the competition is winning. Any chance sleeping dogs will hit $12?

#3550 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Thanks Moto. If anyone wants a beta pass I'll pass it along [if it still has value I'll take any buck game I don't have, like Rogue Warrior ;)].

#3551 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

PSA: If you saw the GameFly thread on slickdeals with the 10% off code, people are also reporting that the 20% off code (HOLIDAY20) works as well although it was single use.

And no, you shouldn't set up a new account just to take advantage of GameFly! That would be immoral and stuff....

#3552 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Can't believe I got up on my day off for this. Gaben!!!!

#3553 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Man I bought a ton of steam credit hoping to get some awesome deals but so far the competition is winning. Any chance sleeping dogs will hit $12?

It's possible. Sleeping Dogs is another game I'm in no rush to get since I have an old machine. That said, if you look at Squenix titles they drop in price FAST. Deus Ex HR has been $5 on a pretty consistent basis after only a year. I'd say Sleeping Dogs will be $10 during the next Summer Sale. Possibly cheaper on Amazon.

#3554 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

$12 on gmg with coupon GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

Plus then you choose b/t:
$4 cash-back
OR
$6 GMG credit.

#3555 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

PSA: If you saw the GameFly thread on slickdeals with the 10% off code, people are also reporting that the 20% off code (HOLIDAY20) works as well although it was single use.

And no, you shouldn't set up a new account just to take advantage of GameFly! That would be immoral and stuff....

Holy crap their coupon is back?

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales tax in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.

#3556 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Do racing games like Grid, Dirt or Need for Speed ever go 75% off??
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#3557 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales charge in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.

O Snap! An online game retailer based in the US that doesn't want tax from us cool Washingtonians!? I may check them out with that 20% off coupon.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3558 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Bonus is no sales tax in WA because lord knows every other US based DD retailer charges it to us.

Let me know if it works out for you. Glad to help save someone some money. :applause::D

And remember, if you already used the code on an account you may not be able to use it again on the same account. What to do, what to do?

#3559 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

X-Com for $20 = BOUGHT!

Picked up steam wallet with 30% more trade in at Gamestop to spend on Steam, but don't think I can turn down XCom for that price.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#3560 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hmmm...That GameFly Sale looks like EVERYTHING that been on sale - like a RECAP day.
Cool.

#3561 KnotInMud12

KnotInMud12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Double post from the GamersGate thread, but thanks to everyone on this thread for all the informative and entertaining posts. I lurked all night while trying to grab a Bethesda pack for $28.
I gave up and went to bed after 6 hours and then got up hoping to find someone that 'accidentally' bought two.
I looked through all my Gamersgate chrome history and found a paypal tab and checked out. Got confirmation, unfortunately I got two packs. I'll likely just get a return for the giftable copy and just play the waiting game for my keys.
Anyways...thanks again. It was fun and I'm glad I got in on one hell of a deal.

#3562 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Double post from the GamersGate thread, but thanks to everyone on this thread for all the informative and entertaining posts. I lurked all night while trying to grab a Bethesda pack for $28.
I gave up and went to bed after 6 hours and then got up hoping to find someone that 'accidentally' bought two.
I looked through all my Gamersgate chrome history and found a paypal tab and checked out. Got confirmation, unfortunately I got two packs. I'll likely just get a return for the giftable copy and just play the waiting game for my keys.
Anyways...thanks again. It was fun and I'm glad I got in on one hell of a deal.

You can easily flip the second one for $50 here or elsewhere.

#3563 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

$50? Are people really paying that much for it?

57j.gif

#3564 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

$50 is a little high.... I sold mine for $35 (I think the extra $8 profit was worth the 5+ hours of tabbing )

#3565 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

People have been selling the entire packs for $30 or $35. However, if you sell the games separately you can get more for the pack as a whole.

#3566 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

I think MysterD said something about a new paypal option on gmg? Is that like the one time option on the Humble site?

#3567 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

I don't know, I feel like a bunch of us are competing now like grocers at fruit market all trying to yell the loudest to get people to come and sniff our fruit instead of the other guy's.

#3568 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I doubt the walking dead will be any cheaper. Should I bite at $9?

#3569 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I doubt the walking dead will be any cheaper. Should I bite at $9?

where is it $9?

#3570 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

anyone interested in buying skyrim from me?