Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#3601 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

100% chance. It will be discounted with Skyrim daily/flash/community choice deal. Probably 50% off.

Yyyyeeeesssss. Thank you mister.

#3602 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Disappointing, no one has posted for over 10 minutes. Sorry had to break the trend

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#3603 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Disappointing, no one has posted for over 10 minutes. Sorry had to break the trend

Nothing new happening for a little over an hour. I should be playing games, but I feel like any minute someone's going to go "OMG! Every video game ever for $100.00!!!!"

I wonder how big of a hard drive you'd need to install every currently available Steam game at once.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#3604 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

Clearly someone needs to find some hidden mega deal.

#3605 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Anyone about to buy Dota 2 can check this thread.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=334990

#3606 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Would it be crazy to think they might put the Thief Collection on sale for more than 40%? I'm not exactly dying to play them again, but I have some nostalgia.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3607 shrinerr

shrinerr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

here ya go

http://store.steampo....com/app/12520/

Big Rigs isn't on steam, so closest thing...

#3608 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I hate the feeling when after a crazy firesale or price-error, you are sucked into constantly checking threads just to see if something else crazy will drop.

Excellent year on deals so far -- THQ, Origin (even though I didn't participate), Ubisoft, etc. I never expected to pay so little for so many GOOD games! Now I look back at something like the Paradox bundle and feel I overpayed, even though at the time that was a really awesome deal.

#3609 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm looking around my room wondering where my achievement for catching up with the Steam thread is going to pop.

#3610 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Would it be crazy to think they might put the Thief Collection on sale for more than 40%? I'm not exactly dying to play them again, but I have some nostalgia.

Pretty safe bet -- it's regularly discounted via dailies or flash sales. Probably to the tune of 60-75% off.

#3611 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'm looking around my room wondering where my achievement for catching up with the Steam thread is going to pop.

Someone should have diverted a lot of the GG traffic to its own thread. I guess we were all too busy F5'ing.

#3612 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm still waiting for my longest post and most quotes achieve. Keeping up with the steam thread is just the basic sacred duty. =)

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3613 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up 75% off.

#3614 Charlie2688

Charlie2688

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I bought it at -75% in one of the previous sales so it’s a safe bet

btw remember to download ALL the mods so your eyes wont bleed when you start playing

#3615 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

I bought it at -75% in one of the previous sales so it’s a safe bet

btw remember to download ALL the mods so your eyes wont bleed when you start playing

Why do you say that? I'm also interested in the collection but I don't want my eyes to bleed :lol:.

#3616 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

I bought DoW franchise with no intention of playing. Stupid good deal.

#3617 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Well, GOG already had it at 75% off, along with some other games, in a bundle last week.
Posted Image

#3618 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Has Alpha Protocol ever been down to the $5 mark? Beat the game on PS3 a while ago and wanted to get the PC version.

I bought it at $2, september 23 2011 ;)

I believe it was a Sega sale. Still ain't touched the game :(

#3619 juanjava

juanjava

Eye in the sky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

Don't know about Dirt or Need For Speed, but I bought Grid for $3.75 last year sometime.

I think It was on a daily deal October 27 2011 ;)

GREAT game BTW. Glad I bought it.

#3620 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well, GOG already had it at 75% off, along with some other games, in a bundle last week.

Thief? They're asking $9.99 for it right now. I did, however, get Redneck Rampage for $2.99. I remember when my mother brought that game home for me. She didn't know what she'd done.

You can't kill me, I will not die...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3621 Estbarul

Estbarul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Don't know about Dirt or Need For Speed, but I bought Grid for $3.75 last year sometime.

thanks, I want some price like that, but I'm not paying 50% with those games. 75 is my limit if they are old titles.
PM me if you want to buy with 20% compensation discount in Gamersgate Store
Buy a min of 2$ and get a 2$ account credit on Green Man Gaming

#3622 Charlie2688

Charlie2688

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Why do you say that? I'm also interested in the collection but I don't want my eyes to bleed :lol:.

Well by default the first two Thief Games (Gold and Metal Age) ONLY support 4x3 resolutions to a max of 1024×768 and the textures especially of Thief Gold are INSANLY outdated

With the mods and unofficially patches you get support for widescreen resolutions and being able to choose any resolution (I am currently playing at 1920x1080) you also get improved textures either by fans and/or from Metal Age (to use on Gold) which has better textures than Gold, there are also patches for the water and special textures (for treasures, objects and effects with transparency and the bow)

Thankfully gameplay wise it still feels fresh and you will feel right at home if you have played any new stealth game, ironically enough the stealth elements are less forgiving than in more modern games

#3623 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

That's when games were games! Rawr!

#3624 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Really can't believe people man... Even when they get a chance to take a part of something as big as that deal was, they find a way to douche it up. Reminds me of that dude in the Amazon thread that returned every single order he made on Amazon, and used Tony to speed up the process. Scumbags, anywhere you might be. (Speaking of that guy on Slickdeals specifically)

I feel really bad for GamersGate, I really do. They lost an immense amount of money yesterday, and probably pissed a bunch of people off (non-customers, Bethesda mostly). Sure, it was their fault with their faulty system, but I still can't help but feel bad for them. Yes, even despite them taking down the IGN discount.

Anyway, 23 today. A long while back someone mentioned that there was place on CAG with a link to pick up in a thread where you last read. I remember taking a look at it, but brushing it off (yeah, lame). If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about, any help would be much appreciated.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#3625 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yes, even despite them taking down the IGN discount.

I could have bought them for $24 each :cry:

#3626 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

Really can't believe people man... Even when they get a chance to take a part of something as big as that deal was, they find a way to douche it up.

I apologize, I've only skimmed the last few pages of this thread. What are you referring to?

#3627 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I apologize, I've only skimmed the last few pages of this thread. What are you referring to?

Some guy on Slickdeals claims that he bought the packs, gifted them out, and then complained that he didn't get keys and got a refund for the games, even though he did in fact get them. That may not be it word for word, but that's about it. (my memory sucks.)

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3628 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Gotta love people.

#3629 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Think he is talking about the SD guys returning bundles but using most of the keys.

EDIT: Ninja'd

fs_overall.png

#3630 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Some guy on Slickdeals claims that he bought the packs, gifted them out, and then complained that he didn't get keys and got a refund for the games, even though he did in fact get them. That may not be it word for word, but that's about it. (my memory sucks.)

Well that is a pretty shitty thing to do. The keys have (or will be) revoked though, so he won't profit off of it. I hope they revoked the blue coins that he got off of the deal too.