Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#4831 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I can always tell the dailies are underwhelming when I check in after an hour and there are only a couple new pages.

Back to playing KOA: R on Origin.
Posted Image

#4832 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I've spent more on Steam by randomly buying cheap gifts for people the past few days than I've spent on purchases for myself (I think just DOW II).

To clarify, that's more a statement on Steam's sales than it is on my generosity.

#4833 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Day 5 of the Steam sale, and I've spent more on the GamersGate Bethesda screwup than all of my direct Steam purchases combined. Sad face :(

Same here. I've actually not purchased a single thing for myself so far on Steam during this sale. Though I've gifted seven items to CAGs so far though. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4834 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

By the way, does anybody here own a Remedy game? Can you check and see if the loyalty discount stacks with the sale price on Alan Wake?

#4835 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Day 5 of the Steam sale, and I've spent more on the GamersGate Bethesda screwup than all of my direct Steam purchases combined. Sad face :(

I'm trying to decide whether or not the Bethesda bundle warrants more time and devotion than the LucasArts Adventure Pack or the Family Gaming Pack would; the latter collection would be a better buy if I didn't already own Puzzle Quest, realistically the best game in the bundle. At $5 apiece, if I only got one, LucasArts would obviously be the better choice...but they seem superfluous now that I have Hunted, DOOM 3, and Dishonored. Decisions...
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#4836 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

By the way, does anybody here own a Remedy game? Can you check and see if the loyalty discount stacks with the sale price on Alan Wake?

they have a loyalty discount?
Posted Image

#4837 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

I own American Nightmare. I'm not seeing any discount on Alan Wake.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#4838 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I own Death Rally, and it doesn't apply the promotion. But they're now listed under separate publisher names (Remedy Entertainment and Remedy Entertainment Ltd.) which might have been the discount glitch fix from a few weeks ago. Anyone who owns American Nightmare could probably shed more light on it.

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,

#4839 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I own American Nightmare. I'm not seeing any discount on Alan Wake.

I own Death Rally, and it doesn't apply the promotion. But they're now listed under separate publisher names (Remedy Entertainment and Remedy Entertainment Ltd.) which might have been the discount glitch fix from a few weeks ago. Anyone who owns American Nightmare could probably shed more light on it.

Oh OK. I figured that it probably wouldn't stack, but I have a copy of Death Rally in my inventory and I was wondering if I should add it to my library if I wanted to buy Alan Wake. Now I know not to bother (unless I just feel like playing Death Rally).

Thanks guys.

#4840 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

they have a loyalty discount?

Same question. I have AW:AN and I don't see anything applied to AW:vanilla or the franchise.

#4841 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

re: Length of game

I don't use it to judge the quality of a game but it does make a difference for me.

In my younger days I was all about the long games. These days when I have less time due to pesky real life and a huge backlog of games I really appreciate a short but well put together game. I like feeling like I can complete something from start to finish and have a full experience without it taking months and months and meanwhile I feel guilty for spending so much time on one game while others go unplayed.

Now I don't know that a short game is worth $60 but look where we are. It's not like most of us are paying $60 for games anyway.

I can always tell the dailies are underwhelming when I check in after an hour and there are only a couple new pages.

And 95% of it is 'Nothing for me' 'No deals' 'This sucks' 'This is the worst sale EVER' 'I spent more money at (insert other DD store here)' etc etc

I'm still waiting for Rhode Island to get their shit together.

I'm trying to decide whether or not the Bethesda bundle warrants more time and devotion than the LucasArts Adventure Pack or the Family Gaming Pack would; the latter collection would be a better buy if I didn't already own Puzzle Quest, realistically the best game in the bundle. At $5 apiece, if I only got one, LucasArts would obviously be the better choice...but they seem superfluous now that I have Hunted, DOOM 3, and Dishonored. Decisions...

Mission Runway or Skyrim? Man, that's a tough call.

#4842 Pikagreg

Pikagreg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hoping RPG Maker goes up on sale again. Missed out on flash sale because of work ._.

~~~Now Playing~~~
:pc:FFXIV
:ps3:Lightning Returns
:3ds:Bravely Default
My Steam Profile
:D~~~~~~My Trade List~~~~~~~ :D(dead)

#4843 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Sadly no :(
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4844 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

I have skyrim it bores me and is so pathetic compared to the rest of the series I mean you cant even equip pants and stuff or move things easily, what junk.

Id rather be dressin up Stacy Truman and getting my groove on with Mission Runway anyday over Skyrim.

:rofl:

That just totally made my morning.

Though I am sure with enough mods you could always dress up a Skyrim character to look like a tragic runway trainwreck like Stacy Truman.

#4845 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Buy Alan Wake if you haven't. I've played through it several times on Xbox 360, it's definitely my favorite game of this generation, that's not a stretch. I'm considering getting it on Steam just to play through it again and enjoy the feeling of getting achievements for it again.

76561197977061647.png

#4846 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have skyrim it bores me and is so pathetic compared to the rest of the series I mean you cant even equip pants and stuff or move things easily, what junk.

Id rather be dressin up Stacy Truman and getting my groove on with Mission Runway anyday over Skyrim.

:applause:... Is there a "slow clap" smiley I could use instead?

#4847 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

The thing is, I already played Skyrim to death. To add in on your conversation a few pages ago, Steam Workshop does wonders for the game with its automatic updating. Never installed any user-created game content, though; the 40-some-odd environment enhancers and high-resolution textures were enough for me. Maybe some day.

Also, lol @ BridgetFisher

Best,

#4848 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

Origin on the Steam thread. /rage ^_~

re: Length of game
I don't use it to judge the quality of a game but it does make a difference for me.

And 95% of it is 'Nothing for me' 'No deals' 'This sucks' 'This is the worst sale EVER' 'I spent more money at (insert other DD store here)' etc etc

For the big long games (e.g. GTA4), I really need to be at a point where I think I'll have time to finish in reasonable Calendar time.

I'm really surprised people still have any expectations/hopes for the Steam sale. That said, Tomorrow's the 25th which I always found to be a memorable day on the steam sale.

We need a mash-up. I need better fashion accessories in Skyrim. Mission Runway would benefit from the better photo-backdrops in Skyrim.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4849 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

We need a mash-up. I need better fashion accessories in Skyrim. Mission Runway would benefit from the better photo-backdrops in Skyrim.

Or ENB series.

Seriously.

Lighting is everything. Fashion models of all people should know that.

#4850 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I feel like I should just cave and buy COD 4. It's never going to drop below 50%.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#4851 zico

zico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

you guys think Faster Than Light will be on sale?

#4852 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I hope so. It's at the top of my wishlist.

#4853 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I agree 100%. I would also add that the Steam Workshop is still relatively new and is somewhat of a work in progress. There already have been a number of changes (for the better imho) since its inception and if modders are finding parts of it they don't like I think they should try and share that feedback with Valve rather than taking their toys to another sandbox.

Then again there are always going to be some modders who tend towards divaism. There has been so much drama in the ES modding community over the years it is not even funny.

The Workshop is great for TF2 or KF, but sorry, it is ass for Skyrim. So many mods for Skyrim have dependencies, or order loading issues, or compatibility issues with other mods. The Workshop does nothing to help with this. All it provides is "set it and forget" downloading. NMM does that plus a whole lot more. And it is laughable that you think that modders are taking their mods to another sandbox. You do realize that NMM has been around for a while and the Nexus site has been hosting mods for eons. It is really Steam that is the one that should be doing its best to cater to quality modders, because its product is vastly inferior and doesn't have the lengthy history. Lastly, if a user is too stupid to download, install, and use NMM then they should probably just throw their PC out the window and stick to a dumbox360.

#4854 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

The Workshop is great for TF2 or KF, but sorry, it is ass for Skyrim. So many mods for Skyrim have dependencies, or order loading issues, or compatibility issues with other mods. The Workshop does nothing to help with this. All it provides is "set it and forget" downloading. NMM does that plus a whole lot more. And it is laughable that you think that modders are taking their mods to another sandbox. You do realize that NMM has been around for a while and the Nexus site has been hosting mods for eons. It is really Steam that is the one that should be doing its best to cater to quality modders, because its product is vastly inferior and doesn't have the lengthy history. Lastly, if a user is too stupid to download, install, and use NMM then they should probably just throw their PC out the window and stick to a dumbox360.

Thanks for your opinion.

#4855 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I thought the Skyrim mods were pretty impressive compatibility wise ???

#4856 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

That's not entirely true. Tony has mentioned many times that he is negotiating a sale with a particular publisher and times that a publisher has backed out (Activision) or decided not to run a sale again (SE). Or that a sale was really popular so the publisher was excited to try a different bundle. They don't just buy a pile of keys at wholesale and sell them at a loss; they do much the same thing as Steam does in working out pricing with the publishers.

Ah ok, so then the publishers are taking losses for Steam keys.(?)

Still though, Amazon charges me tax whereas GMG and Steam do not so whenever they (Amazon) price match it's ultimately costing me more. They have to beat them enough to negate the tax before I'll bite.
sudo mklove

#4857 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Yeah it should be. it was a daily deal not to long ago before the sale.
Posted Image

#4858 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I have an idea. In the spirit of holiday avatars, for the new year everyone should make a Mission Runway avatar!

No...

Anybody here?

I'll show myself out...

#4859 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have an idea. In the spirit of holiday avatars, for the new year everyone should make a Mission Runway avatar!

No...

Anybody here?

I'll show myself out...

Buying it right now...

And according to my friends list, Motoki and Palinn already own it. I stuck it on my girlfriend's account.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#4860 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I hate to be a complainer, but these Sonic deals are absolutely underwhelming.

Steam must be trying hard for Winter Fail because SEGA is normally on board with 75% of just about anything. 50% off is just... sad.

Funny enough I almost instinctively put some of those games in my cart and then I realized what I was doing. They went on the wishlist instead.

I agree 100%. I would also add that the Steam Workshop is still relatively new and is somewhat of a work in progress. There already have been a number of changes (for the better imho) since its inception and if modders are finding parts of it they don't like I think they should try and share that feedback with Valve rather than taking their toys to another sandbox.

Then again there are always going to be some modders who tend towards divaism. There has been so much drama in the ES modding community over the years it is not even funny.

While I don't have any knowledge of the inner workings of Steam Workshop, I have worked with modders (from a PR perspective) for the last 14 years. While most of them are positively starving to get word out on their hard work, there are a handful of them that are stubborn to the point of stupidity. I can absolutely see how some of them would cut off their own noses to spite their faces.

76561197971332172.png