Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#4921 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

I'm not sure if anyone will know. I have Sims Medieval on Steam. Amazon is selling the expansion for $10 in their download sale tomorrow ($5 off $15 or something). Will that work for the Steam version? The expansion is not available on Steam, so if not, how can I even get it? Confusing.

#4922 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm not sure if anyone will know. I have Sims Medieval on Steam. Amazon is selling the expansion for $10 in their download sale tomorrow ($5 off $15 or something). Will that work for the Steam version? The expansion is not available on Steam, so if not, how can I even get it? Confusing.

I don't believe it will. They don't work for the Sims 3 I can say that for sure.

EA yanked the Sims Medieval expansion from Steam for some unknown reason and never has put it back.

What you can do though is that you should be able to take your key from the Medieval base on Steam and activate that to Origin and then get the expansion there or elsewhere and play it through Origin.

Not ideal, but it gets you the expansion working. :-/

#4923 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

ANyone have any thoughts - Hearthfire worth the $2.47? I honestly haven't played much of Skyrim - having a hard time getting into it. I'm tempted to wait for the summer/winter sale in 2013, just because I'm not sure I'll ever get around to playing it.

#4924 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

You know, maybe I'm just a cheap bastard and I know it's Ubisoft and they too are cheap bastards but I feel like Rayman Origins should be $5 on sale by now.

Does the Steam version at least not have the shitty Tages DRM that the non-Steam versions do?

I hear you. Although, it's worth noting that only the console versions have hit the 12-month mark [in terms of release date]. The PC version was released at the end of March of this year, so I can understand a little extra time.

Nevertheless, Ubisoft may be stingy about Origins - I believe they put the game on sale recently on the PlayStation Network, but, even then, the PS+ discount still didn't amount to sub-$10. Thus, it seems Ubisoft is waiting as long as possible before dropping the price to CAG-approved levels.

#4925 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Really? I think sigs are highly important and people should focus on them as much as they do the post. Especially if they have some spare paypal cash lying around...

May be feeling a sense of sarcasm here...

God that's alotta mods for KOTOR II.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4926 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

I hear you. Although, it's worth noting that only the console versions have hit the 12-month mark [in terms of release date]. The PC version was released at the end of March of this year, so I can understand a little extra time.

Nevertheless, Ubisoft may be stingy about Origins - I believe they put the game on sale recently on the PlayStation Network, but, even then, the PS+ discount still didn't amount to sub-$10. Thus, it seems Ubisoft is waiting as long as possible before dropping the price to CAG-approved levels.

The PS+ discount made it a little under ten dollars on PS3. ~9.89.

I picked it up a few days ago.

#4927 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

ANyone have any thoughts - Hearthfire worth the $2.47? I honestly haven't played much of Skyrim - having a hard time getting into it. I'm tempted to wait for the summer/winter sale in 2013, just because I'm not sure I'll ever get around to playing it.

It's ok. You basically just kinda grind-out the mats and items, look at your finished house, and say "Yup, that's a house alright."

It's nice for the convenience in that it gives you a fast-travel point and gathers things like crafting, stables, and a cart in one place but you could probably do much of that with mods.

I feel that it's good for that price but if you aren't playing Skyrim much then just wait until Dragonborn is out and then snag all of the DLC in a sale.
sudo mklove

#4928 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

I think I'm doing it wrong. Sarah isn't nearly as Absolutely Fabulous as everyone else...

Spoiler

#4929 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

So, what earth shattering glitch deals did I miss today?

#4930 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

I think I'm doing it wrong. Sarah isn't nearly as Absolutely Fabulous as everyone else...

Spoiler

Way too tasteful. Try again.

#4931 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm passing on Hearthfire until some super awesome mod requires it

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#4932 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

how is morrowind? i remember playing it a little bit on the xbox but i just passed the first part

#4933 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

I managed to sleep off the half minute hero deal, but now that these restoration mods are out there, I might pick up KOTOR 2.

Also purchased and played the first two chapters of The Room on the ipad last night, which was pretty great. It's a puzzle box thing. (While I'm recommending ios things, Into The Dead is like a first-person version of that racecar game you played on your graphing calculator, (with zombies,) and free.)

#4934 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Groupees is allowing people to buy one game on the Greenlight build a bundle for 75 cents between now and Dec 26.

http://groupees.com/bagb

Note that if you buy 1 game you still get La Mulana with a Desura key and Steam key when it gets greenlighted in addition to your one other game.

#4935 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

how is morrowind? i remember playing it a little bit on the xbox but i just passed the first part

I love that game and still have a soft spot for it but if you run it vanilla it's very dated so you will need to mod it, at very least for a much needed facelift.

Unlike the games that came after it, its not very handholdy so if you go to an area that's a more difficult area you will get spanked. Enemies are not leveled to you.

It's a very unique and interesting game where I think they did an excellent job in creating an environment that isn't just the generic fantasy shlock and you really feel like you are in another world completely from everything to cultural norms, plant life, animals etc.

If you don't mind hunting down some mods I would say go for it.

#4936 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Way too tasteful. Try again.

Evening wear...

Spoiler

#4937 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

I'm passing on Hearthfire until some super awesome mod requires it

But... but... but... you can adopt a kid!!!

#4938 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Evening wear...

Spoiler

Getting there but still not trainwreck enough. She just looks like a low res rendered Harley Quinn getting herself all sexed up for a night with the Joker.

#4939 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Evening wear...

Spoiler

You should have named her asheskitty. ;)

#4940 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

I love that game and still have a soft spot for it but if you run it vanilla it's very dated so you will need to mod it, at very least for a much needed facelift.

Unlike the games that came after it, its not very handholdy so if you go to an area that's a more difficult area you will get spanked. Enemies are not leveled to you.

It's a very unique and interesting game where I think they did an excellent job in creating an environment that isn't just the generic fantasy shlock and you really feel like you are in another world completely from everything to cultural norms, plant life, animals etc.

If you don't mind hunting down some mods I would say go for it.

Thanks might consider getting it

#4941 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Getting there but still not trainwreck enough. She just looks like a low res rendered Harley Quinn getting herself all sexed up for a night with the Joker.

*dead*

How is War of Roses for those who have it or have played it? $15 on Amazon tomorrow. probably won't buy it but it's Chivalry's alternative.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4942 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Chivalry is superior to War of the Roses in every meaningful way.

#4943 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Have style girl!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Technical Note: I swear I'm getting substantial image degradation from the way they are saving images during the photo shoot.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4944 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I love the Christmas lights pattern fabric. Very festive. ;)

#4945 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

looks like my necromancer from guild wars
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#4946 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think I actually need to "play" more. I'm assuming you can unlock more swag.

Spoiler

#4947 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

wtf, 10.19$ for spec ops?! come on! amazon has that desert sea bundle for 9.99
such nonsense
WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#4948 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

wtf, 10.19$ for spec ops?! come on! amazon has that desert sea bundle for 9.99
such nonsense

And soon enough if you bought anything 2K in the past year you can get another $5 off to get that bundle for $5.

I already own both Bioshocks and I don't even want Spec Ops but at that price I will probably still grab it and then sell off the Bioshocks for a dolla'.

#4949 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

You know you have too many games on Steam when you can look at the top 20 best seller list and you own everything besides some of the DLC for some games and a few small games from a bundle lol

#4950 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

And soon enough if you bought anything 2K in the past year you can get another $5 off to get that bundle for $5.

I already own both Bioshocks and I don't even want Spec Ops but at that price I will probably still grab it and then sell off the Bioshocks for a dolla'.

if you sell bioshocks for a dolla' just holla and i'll buy them.
Posted Image