Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#4951 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Technical Note: I swear I'm getting substantial image degradation from the way they are saving images during the photo shoot.

I love the Christmas lights pattern fabric. Very festive. ;)

^_^

I think I actually need to "play" more. I'm assuming you can unlock more swag.

Spoiler

I've barely proper "played". Judges are friggin squares. I tip I'd give is start with one or two features you like (e.g. hair/color, eyes/eyeliner, or dress/pattern) and then build everything else around that.

wtf, 10.19$ for spec ops?! come on! amazon has that desert sea bundle for 9.99
such nonsense

Clearly Gabe is preparing for a big sale on Jan 6, 2013.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4952 forthenguyen

forthenguyen

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Pretty ignorant when it comes to DRM, but is there any way to get the AC games on Steam w/o Uplay or just get it DRM-free?

#4953 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

You know you have too many games on Steam when you can look at the top 20 best seller list and you own everything besides some of the DLC for some games and a few small games from a bundle lol

Heehee, I know the feeling. Looking over Tony's sale lists or the steam front page everything is quickly divided into have and don't-want. Only big things for me are a good deal on BL2 (not gonna happen this month) and some racers that have never dropped below $25 and are well overdue (e.g. Dirt Showdown, F1 2010/2011/2012).

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#4954 asheskitty

asheskitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Pretty ignorant when it comes to DRM, but is there any way to get the AC games on Steam w/o Uplay or just get it DRM-free?

No. AC2 onwards all require Uplay. Uplay is no longer the always online nightmare it used to be. Now it is one-time verification for most titles. Don't let Uplay stop you from enjoying AC2, ACB, & ACR.

#4955 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Chivalry is superior to War of the Roses in every meaningful way.

Good to know lol. thanks

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#4956 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

And soon enough if you bought anything 2K in the past year you can get another $5 off to get that bundle for $5.

Strange, I've bought several things from 2K over the past year (including Spec Ops a couple of weeks ago), yet I haven't received any emails about it. Got about 40 emails about getting a discount for EA games, but nothing for 2K or any other publisher that I've bought over the past year.

#4957 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

I think Tony said 2K stuff was prioritized last in terms of backfills since their promotion doesn't start until the 26th and runs until the 31st.

#4958 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

I think I actually need to "play" more. I'm assuming you can unlock more swag.

Spoiler

I'm going to have nightmares on Christmas Eve. Thanks guys.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#4959 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Heehee, I know the feeling. Looking over Tony's sale lists or the steam front page everything is quickly divided into have and don't-want. Only big things for me are a good deal on BL2 (not gonna happen this month) and some racers that have never dropped below $25 and are well overdue (e.g. Dirt Showdown, F1 2010/2011/2012).

I'm also to the point of buying duplicates from my console collection. You know, as a back up incase my Xbox breaks.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4960 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

No. AC2 onwards all require Uplay. Uplay is no longer the always online nightmare it used to be. Now it is one-time verification for most titles. Don't let Uplay stop you from enjoying AC2, ACB, & ACR.

With the caveat that there are still a couple of always online games like Settlers 7 and HAWX 2 I believe.

Also running some games in offline mode may lose you access to certain extra modes and items and such. I know M&M Heroes 6 and Anno 2070 is like this. I think for AC though you just lose Ubi achievments so eh.

Those I suppose you can rack up enough credits with those to get DLC for free so there's that.

But anyway yeah it's not as bad as it used to be. You do need to make sure you do the initial activation though because those UPlay servers have been known to go down some times and if you haven't run it at least once and happen to want to start when their servers are down (it's rare but it happened to me once) then you will be out of luck.

Strange, I've bought several things from 2K over the past year (including Spec Ops a couple of weeks ago), yet I haven't received any emails about it. Got about 40 emails about getting a discount for EA games, but nothing for 2K or any other publisher that I've bought over the past year.

They are working on filling the emails. The 2K ones will probably come last so if not today then some time tomorrow probably. The 2K deal will be on 12/26. The others EA THQ and Ubi should be tomorrow.

There's a lot more chatter about it, along with bitching and moaning :roll:, in the Amazon thread.

#4961 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

I think Tony said 2K stuff was prioritized last in terms of backfills since their promotion doesn't start until the 26th and runs until the 31st.

Oh Ok, thanks. Been kinda busy with it being Christmas eve & all and I've only been able to skim some of these threads.

EDIT: thanks to Motoki as well.

#4962 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Does setting launch options to -offline work for other Uplay games besides Far Cry 3?
sudo mklove

#4963 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

any of you waiting for gta sales too?

#4964 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Me I want to play with some mods.
Posted Image

#4965 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Own everything but GTA4 on PC. There was some bundle sale a while ago, but I could never get GTA1 to work.

And while I'm eating dinner and we're derailing the thread with modeling pictures... How neat do you guys keep your Steam library? I'm a little OCD with mine.

Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4966 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

Does setting launch options to -offline work for other Uplay games besides Far Cry 3?

In my direct experience for some games and in reading up on it for games I haven't played as far as I can tell it works for most games except Settlers 7 and HAWX 2. There may be other exceptions but I'm pretty sure most of their high profile games can be run in offline mode.

#4967 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Anyone have thoughts on Zeno Clash?

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#4968 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

I thought it was ok. I don't like the guns, and some of the combat can be frustrating. I had the most fun when I was just up in people's grills punching their faces.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4969 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Once in a while.

#4970 DigitalVamp1re

DigitalVamp1re

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

If I get the Anno 2070 Pack, does that lock me out of the Deluxe Edition bonuses?

#4971 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

I thought it was ok. I don't like the guns, and some of the combat can be frustrating. I had the most fun when I was just up in people's grills punching their faces.

Is it worth the $.99 or wait for a bundle?

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#4972 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

And while I'm eating dinner and we're derailing the thread with modeling pictures... How neat do you guys keep your Steam library? I'm a little OCD with mine.

Spoiler

I can't sort by genre because my inner ADD and OCD collide at the speed of light. So, I just launch everything from Windows and let the clients sit in the background.

Still need to update with my newer purchases...

Spoiler

#4973 sirius389

sirius389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Own everything but GTA4 on PC. There was some bundle sale a while ago, but I could never get GTA1 to work.

Spoiler

I use the grid view and replace them with custom images most of the time, or put one together myself. :)

Posted Image

Also, I am not using Windows 8, I just have a Windows 8 RTM theme on my Windows 7 (The only good thing about W8 is how it looks)

*edit* link to the Windows 8 Theme
-Nicole

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4974 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Fucking weird.

#4975 MrPiggles

MrPiggles

Better Call Saul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Getting more and more let down with Steam's sale. Amazon's bundle gets you spec ops cheaper and comes with both bioshock games. This is probably the worst Steam sale to date, nothing special like coal or tickets and the discounts have been pretty weak in comparison to Amazon, Gamersgate, GMG, etc.

I use the grid view and replace them with custom images most of the time, or put one together myself. :)

Also, I am not using Windows 8, I just have a Windows 8 RTM theme on my Windows 7

Post a link to that glorious Windows 8 skin.

#4976 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Is it worth the $.99 or wait for a bundle?

Hell, I don't know. I'd buy it for a dollar. It's technically sound, just really kind of odd in story and gunplay. Very pretty, though.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4977 sirius389

sirius389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

Post a link to that glorious Windows 8 skin.

Sure :)

http://mare-m.devian...ows-7-318932206
-Nicole

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4978 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Spoiler

Categories... that's the only way. But even then, it's not enough.

Posted Image

#4979 SkullTheTroll

SkullTheTroll

Virtual Adventurer

• CAGiversary!

I really enjoyed it. Kind of wacky.

#4980 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

For $1 Zeno Clash is worth it. Rough around the edges but a cool concept and nice visuals.