Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#4981 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

I've got a steam tradeable copy of torchlight 2 for $7.50 from the flash deal 4-pack if anyone wants it
I've been listing it in the trade / group buy thread but no one seems to want it and i'm worried the price will go down before I sell it negating the $2.50 I saved by doing the 4-pack in the first place
so pm me if anyone wants it

#4982 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I wish you could add tags to games and then have a checkbox system. If I want to play a fps/rpg I check those boxes and the games with both those tags show.

#4983 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I've got a steam tradeable copy of torchlight 2 for $7.50 from the flash deal 4-pack if anyone wants it
I've been listing it in the trade / group buy thread but no one seems to want it and i'm worried the price will go down before I sell it negating the $2.50 I saved by doing the 4-pack in the first place
so pm me if anyone wants it

I think $10 solo or $7.50 as part of a 4 pack is the lowest T2 will be going for the duration of this sale so you priced it just fine. Gamefly couldn't even beat that and they were spanking the hell out of Steam in other areas like X-Com.

I guess a lot of CAGs just already have it.

There's always a chance for a Gamersgate frak up but barring that I just don't see it going less than $7.50 for the time being.

#4984 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

I wish you could add tags to games and then have a checkbox system. If I want to play a fps/rpg I check those boxes and the games with both those tags show.

That would be nice. I don't have as many games as Anarchy (I mean, damn!) but I find I can never completely organize my games because some are FPS & RPG, or RPG & Strategy, and I wind up categorizing them by whichever genre dominates the game. It'd be nice to be able to just tag a game for each of its genre and find a list accordingly. So Fallout 3 would be covered in RPG, Open World, and FPS.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#4985 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Finally made my first "Winter Sale" purchase: Morrowind GOTY + Silverfall Complete !

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#4986 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Man, I know it's stupid as Fuck but I really wish Steam achievements were like 360. Some kind of score meta-game. Or easier to compare with friends or something.

#4987 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Man, I know it's stupid as Fuck but I really wish Steam achievements were like 360. Some kind of score meta-game. Or easier to compare with friends or something.

But Steam has the best e-peen measuring system in the form of the All Games number.;)
sudo mklove

#4988 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Sure :)

http://mare-m.devian...ows-7-318932206

Good look on the link

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#4989 sirius389

sirius389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Good look on the link

you're welcome. I had tried windows 8, big mistake, but I loved how it looked so I went back to 7 and found that theme. win-win

definitely made me a happy camper :D

*edit* there is a Windows 8 Skin for Steam as well that I use - http://metroforsteam.com/
-Nicole

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4990 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

is $10 a good deal for dawnguard?
has it been this cheap a bunch of times before?
or cheaper somewhere else?

#4991 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think that's as low as it has been so far, at least that I have seen.

Eh, it's up to you. I guess how much do you like vampires and/or do you want to use mods that require it?

It will go cheaper eventually. There's another DLC due out soon-ish so there's potential for the older DLC to be marked down further then.

#4992 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Steamgamesales: Dawnguard

#4993 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

In case I miss saying it tomorrow, Merry Christmas guys.

You're a fun bunch and overall a good bunch and I wish you all prosperity and many deep sales in the coming year.

#4994 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

^^^^
I like Dawnguard; though it added Vampires, it also adds new areas [Southeast area of Riften, and a new Castle in the NorthWest].

If you like Skyrim, you'll like Dawnguard; AND LOVE DRAGONBORN! RAWR!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#4995 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

I think that's as low as it has been so far, at least that I have seen.

Eh, it's up to you. I guess how much do you like vampires and/or do you want to use mods that require it?

It will go cheaper eventually. There's another DLC due out soon-ish so there's potential for the older DLC to be marked down further then.

eh yeah I guess I'll just wait I don't think id play it till about the summer sale anyway

#4996 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

^^^^
I like Dawnguard; though it added Vampires, it also adds new areas [Southeast area of Riften, and a new Castle in the NorthWest].

If you like Skyrim, you'll like Dawnguard; AND LOVE DRAGONBORN! RAWR!

I played skyrim on ps3 and everyone knows how that worked out for dlc (no other problems) but anyway I haven't started skyrim on pc yet
how soon into the game could i play the dawnguard content?

#4997 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

I played skyrim on ps3 and everyone knows how that worked out for dlc (no other problems) but anyway I haven't started skyrim on pc yet
how soon into the game could i play the dawnguard content?

Level 10.

#4998 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I wish they would do like a graph or something. I think it would be cool when you clicked achievements if it should you several that let you know your ranking. So for instance the first could show where you rank against ALL other steam members for total achievements, another shows for the % you achieved for each game you have played etc etc. Kind of like when you are a kid and the Dr tells you that you are in the top ninty percentile for your height.

A real epeen measurer, you would know how you rank in multiple ways both against friends and the steam community at large.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#4999 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Level 10.

that was simple

#5000 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

you're welcome. I had tried windows 8, big mistake, but I loved how it looked so I went back to 7 and found that theme. win-win

definitely made me a happy camper :D

*edit* there is a Windows 8 Skin for Steam as well that I use - http://metroforsteam.com/

Yeah my pops just got Win 8, but I don't see a need to change from Win 7, and I like my games lol. What are the biggest flaws so far when you used it? I told him not to get something like an OS in its early stages

Theme is pretty good, just alot to download and apply. & lol I was wondering how you got Steam to look like that, appreciate it!

& yeah, happy holidays y'all.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5001 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hey Motoki, or whomever has some insight on that groupees sale - are any of those single games worth the 75 cents? Any recommendations of the bunch? Why is La Mulana exciting?

#5002 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

is it weird that i think hearthfire sound more interesting than dawnguard?

#5003 sirius389

sirius389

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Yeah my pops just got Win 8, but I don't see a need to change from Win 7, and I like my games lol. What are the biggest flaws so far when you used it? I told him not to get something like an OS in its early stages

Theme is pretty good, just alot to download and apply. & lol I was wondering how you got Steam to look like that, appreciate it!

& yeah, happy holidays y'all.

When I tried it, the metro start menu is just not good to use with mouse/keyboard, yes there are 3rd party apps you can use to hide it and everything, but they all want more money :P (luckily I only paid $15 for windows 8 so not a huge loss, when it does eventually work, if that ever happens, I will most likely use it on another build that isn't for gaming)

the deal-breaker was that a lot of my games just had compatibility issues. Beyond the metro start menu it is a skinned windows 7 that just breaks all your stuff you have come to use alot of apps/games.

is it pretty? yes, the visual appearance of W8 is great, at least to me

Does it work? No...just no. To me, W7 just works.

and Merry Christmas! to those who are celebrating tomorrow. If you don't then Happy Holidays to you :)
-Nicole

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5004 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

is it weird that i think hearthfire sound more interesting than dawnguard?

No.

Spoiler

#5005 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

I wish they would do like a graph or something. I think it would be cool when you clicked achievements if it should you several that let you know your ranking. So for instance the first could show where you rank against ALL other steam members for total achievements, another shows for the % you achieved for each game you have played etc etc. Kind of like when you are a kid and the Dr tells you that you are in the top ninty percentile for your height.

A real epeen measurer, you would know how you rank in multiple ways both against friends and the steam community at large.

Yeah. Something similar to what giantbomb does. And keeps track of your "S" ranks (games you've 100%'ed) across all platforms.

#5006 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

No.

Spoiler

at least i think dragonborn sounds way better than both of them

#5007 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

No.

Spoiler

Beat me to it. :lol:

#5008 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Man, I know it's stupid as Fuck but I really wish Steam achievements were like 360. Some kind of score meta-game. ...

I rather like the fact that there's no metagame involved with their achievement system. Gamescore on the 360 & PS3 reflects more on the number of games a person has played, rather than being a reliable measure of skill. IMHO it's far more impressive to see someone who has 100%ed a single difficult game rather than complete 10 or 20 easy games.

#5009 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

It's getting hard to remember when I was excited by a Steam sale. Last year's lethal coal debacle; lame Summer, Fall and now Christmas sales. Just terrible, terrible, terrible. The only good deals are for those just now joining the ranks of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race and needed an inexpensive jump-start to their collections. A friend gifted me some credit into my Steam wallet and even for free, there's no deals.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#5010 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

I rather like the fact that there's no metagame involved with their achievement system. Gamescore on the 360 & PS3 reflects more on the number of games a person has played, rather than being a reliable measure of skill. IMHO it's far more impressive to see someone who has 100%ed a single difficult game rather than complete 10 or 20 easy games.

I have a completely different standard. I'm more impressed by people who have completed a bunch of games than someone who has finished one hard one, especially in the age of the internet. I had a buddy finish Dark Souls, and bragged about it to no end, but he watched YouTube videos for every major boss battle, so what did he personally accomplish? I think my 50k gamerscore means bunk, but my 182 games beaten, I'm proud of that.

Spoiler

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com