Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#5551 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

True dat.

Protip:Never buy a Street Fighter at launch, in year or two they will release the Ultra Super Mega Turbo Hyper Remix Anniversary Editio with all the previous overpriced dlcs lauched before for the suckers that bought it at release day

Because it's impossible to enjoy the game as it was released.

#5552 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

It's more like never buy a Capcom game at launch.;)
sudo mklove

#5553 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

It has tits.

Posted Image

Sorry, for some reason that stupid juvenile joke amuses me and doesn't get old.

#5554 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Because it's impossible to enjoy the game as it was released.

When they basically they do the same game again, with more game modes and features, better balance and all(Super Street Fighter IV) and a owner of the original game has to buy the game again, it pisses me off a little. So yeah, Capcom will never see my money at launch.

#5555 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Is the learning curve for Magic 12 really difficult for someone who has absolutely no experience in these kind of card games?

2012's tutorial is great. The game is super easy to pick up and learn.

Recall that the Civ IV improved greatly with the expansions. Civ IV today is much better regarded than Civ IV near release (though it did benefit from following after Civ III).

True, but IV didn't have multiplayer issues from the get-go. Civ IV's multiplayer was (and still is) a truly solid experience. Switching characters and mods are things that you can do in IV but still can't do in V.

#5556 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Is awesomenauts multiplayer only? The steam page is kind of unclear.

fs_overall.png

#5557 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

Blablabla this is the worst sale EVER (until the next one) blablabla this sale sucks blablabla nothing for me because I'm like the center of the universe and feel the need to announce that like everyone needs to know blablabla

BAH HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!

Seriously though, can we stop complaining for one day because every single game we wanted isn't 75% right now and just be happy for one day?

Since I complained about the Sonic Franchise Bundle, I think this is a good idea. On this nice Holiday, I am thankful for my SEGA Classics Pack, which I bought on Amazon and activated on Steam.

I am thankful for Motoki warning me not to grab Hotline Miami until the "Best of 2012" Amazon promotion in January.

LOL @ Hats being a flash deal.

Dang it, and I just told Motoki I wouldn't.

#5558 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Dang it, and I just told Motoki I wouldn't.

Virtual hats are a special exception. You can complain all you want about virtual hats. ;)

Actually, it's better just to laugh at the people buying them. It's basically like buying magic turnips in Farmville but for guys.

#5559 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

They are not exactly the same genre, imo. I wouldn't compare Blades of Time to Darksiders either. That said DMC4 is a great game and its PC port is good. DMC and BoT are strictly about the straight up action.

If you like God of War or Blades of Time DMC4 is an easy recommend. If you like Darksiders there's a fair chance you'll like DMC4.

You're right. After my post I was reading a bit... and DS is more an adventure game. I don't think I'll be playing much of DMC4 (but I like the premise)... I was mostly thinking on one of my my sons, he loves fighting games.

I also read DMC4 was first a PC game, and THEN ported to consoles. Don't know if is true, but it looks GREAT

#5560 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm looking at Devil May Cry 4... http://store.steampo....com/app/45700/

According to videos, is an awesome game. Is better than Darksiders 2? (can get it around 8 for the full franchise with amazon coupon, but still didn't finished DS1). I know on GMG is around $5, but I don't know about the DRM and... is not steam

Point of fact about DMC4. You play through half the game as Nero, then you play through that same half in reverse as another character. That kind of annoyed me. Otherwise, it's still a solid DMC with all the same stylings as the other ones.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#5561 madcyantist

madcyantist

Impulsive Buyer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

has Deadlight been cheapeR?

#5562 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Virtual hats are a special exception. You can complain all you want about virtual hats. ;)

Actually, it's better just to laugh at the people buying them. It's basically like buying magic turnips in Farmville but for guys.

Hahaha, awesome. By the way, have any other titles been confirmed for Amazon's "Best of 2012" promotion? I'm looking forward to making use of my credits - I've accrued no less than three so far, and I may end up with another since I grabbed the "SEGA Genesis Classics Pack" earlier today.

#5563 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

has Deadlight been cheapeR?

No.

#5564 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Wasn't planning on getting DMC4 even for $4.74 but I might have to now...

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5565 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Well went ahead and bit on Magic 2013 played a few rounds until my laptop crashed (be nice to get back home to a real computer). Seems to be a pretty solid simulation of Magic, though unlocking one card per match seems a little stingy, but I may be misunderstanding how that works. In any case, I'm most looking forward to being able to start putting together my own decks as that was always the real fun of the game for me anyways. Also I need to get used to some of the timing, used an instant to off a creature that decided to block my attack and even though it was dead it still counted as having blocked my creature. Otherwise though, well worth it if you want a digital Magic fix or a cheap way to get back into playing again. Though honestly from what I've read you'd probably be best off sticking with 2012 as 2013 doesn't sound like it adds enough to really be worth the extra cash, but probably wouldn't go wrong either way.

#5566 rirath

rirath

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

http://www.greenmang...evil-may-cry-4/
Its steam.

Thanks, picked it up with the 33% coupon and $0.50 credit... easiest GMG transaction I've ever had too - maybe they've improved their system...

#5567 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Spoiler

Sorry, for some reason that stupid juvenile joke amuses me and doesn't get old.

And yet for starring in Anime she doesn't seem particularly well endowed. Maybe the casting director was nursing a hangover.

You're right. After my post I was reading a bit... and DS is more an adventure game. I don't think I'll be playing much of DMC4 (but I like the premise)... I was mostly thinking on one of my my sons, he loves fighting games.

I also read DMC4 was first a PC game, and THEN ported to consoles. Don't know if is true, but it looks GREAT

^_^ I just was trying to avoid confusion. I'm not sure, the PC release was 6 months after the PS3/360 release.

Point of fact about DMC4. You play through half the game as Nero, then you play through that same half in reverse as another character. That kind of annoyed me. Otherwise, it's still a solid DMC with all the same stylings as the other ones.

Well it's the only DMC on PCs. Well not true, DMC3 was released on PC a year(?) after the PS2 release, but the PC port was panned for not playing well on then high end PCs as well as having insanely swapping the left and right thumbsticks. I'm kinda curious if it would run okay on todays gaming PCs.

Also for the price, it's hard to go too wrong for a well regarded AAA game.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5568 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

Hahaha, awesome. By the way, have any other titles been confirmed for Amazon's "Best of 2012" promotion? I'm looking forward to making use of my credits - I've accrued no less than three so far, and I may end up with another since I grabbed the "SEGA Genesis Classics Pack" earlier today.

There's a list of them here:

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000728511

More may be added later though.

#5569 rirath

rirath

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

In any case, I'm most looking forward to being able to start putting together my own decks as that was always the real fun of the game for me anyways.

I have the original Planeswalkers from the 90's, the 2011, 2012, and 2013 versions and enjoy them all - but I'm sorry to be the one to tell ya, none of the modern versions allow real deck building. The cards you unlock will mostly just boost your existing deck and make it "full power".

#5570 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Wasn't planning on getting DMC4 even for $4.74 but I might have to now...

Yeah that was tempting, but I hunted down a no-DVD patch so I don't need to shuffle around my retail release CD. I mean seriously, Shuffling around round bits of plastic is barbaric. Who do they think I am? A console peasant? I can report that DMC4 seems to be running just fine on 64-bit Win7 (though it should since it was released for DX10/vista)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#5571 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Can't say 100% for sure as I've only put a couple hours in with multi. But yeah the game is for multiplayer. I believe there is a practice mode that has bots (don't quote me on that).

#5572 rirath

rirath

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Also for the price, it's hard to go too wrong for a well regarded AAA game.

I was kind of surprised Gamestop seems to have the 360 version for $5 - but I think I'd rather have it on PC for more graphical polish and options.

#5573 Lep

Lep

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

You can play against bots if you count that as single player.

#5574 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Re: Awesomenauts.

The community is pretty lackluster, too, and there's basically no balance. A lot of times when you get put into a game you could be on a team with two other bots against a premade of friends.

#5575 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

You can play against bots if you count that as single player.

Re: Awesomenauts.

The community is pretty lackluster, too, and there's basically no balance. A lot of times when you get put into a game you could be on a team with two other bots against a premade of friends.

Alright, alright.

*deletes post asking to get in on a 3 pack and waits for Awesomenauts to be bundle fodder*

I just figured it was the only -nauts game I don't have now and all. ;)

#5576 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I have the original Planeswalkers from the 90's, the 2011, 2012, and 2013 versions and enjoy them all - but I'm sorry to be the one to tell ya, none of the modern versions allow real deck building. The cards you unlock will mostly just boost your existing deck and make it "full power".

Ah well, that's a pity, least it's was relatively cheap and will give me the Magic fix I've been looking for without having to dig out all my old revised cards or dropping significantly more at the game shop.

#5577 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Just a heads up, they appear to be removing the individual DLC for Batman: Arkham City. All the individual DLC's respective pages are still up, but you can't purchase them, and on their page, the GOTY version it bannered and is purchasable. I was hoping to pick up all the individual pieces of DLC for the base game, since the GOTY version is a separate Library entry, but that won't happen unless they go on sale elwhere like GamersGate. I get why they'd remove it (it was just recently on sale and the DLC came to being more than the GOTY version), but if they are removing the DLC, they should roll both games into one entry in the Library, and not leave it being incomplete and not updatable. I find this an odd move considering Steam's stance on not allowing games on their service that can't have all the DLC purchasable (unless grandfathered in like Bioshock 2). Does anyone know if the save games are cros-compatable between the base and BOTY editions>?

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#5578 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Yeah that was tempting, but I hunted down a no-DVD patch so I don't need to shuffle around my retail release CD. I mean seriously, Shuffling around round bits of plastic is barbaric. Who do they think I am? A console peasant? I can report that DMC4 seems to be running just fine on 64-bit Win7 (though it should since it was released for DX10/vista)

Yeah I've never really played a DMC thoroughly but I did play the hell outta God of War demos on PSP and other people's PS3's lol, I like a good hack 'n slash here and there. I don't know if I'll bite still.

& lmao I used to be a console peasant, but I do admit not having to download is convenient... anyways I have problems with my Star Wars Republic Commando DVD's, I have the discs and everything but I couldn't find the CD key...tried downloading a CD crack once and got a virus. Was done with that.

What are y'all planning to get from the Amazon Editor's Choice promotion?

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5579 Charlie2688

Charlie2688

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I am not a 100% certain but did someone mention a certain game were an achievement could only be acquired on Christmas? (It might have been Psychonauts)

#5580 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Alright, alright.

*deletes post asking to get in on a 3 pack and waits for Awesomenauts to be bundle fodder*

I just figured it was the only -nauts game I don't have now and all. ;)

It's not a bad game. It's quite fun in terms of gameplay/mechanics, it's just very much a multiplayer experience so if you're stuck with bad players/bots it ruins it. It's certainly worth $2ish but I figure I'll just hold out for a bundle.