Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#5671 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

yup
i'm happy
I know some people wanted dead rising 2 and mark of the ninja is amazing

#5672 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

New deals:

Red Orchestra 2 GOTY: 4.99
Mark of the Ninja: 7.49
Dead Rising 2 Complete 9.99

DR2's a good price, both games plus all the DLC.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#5673 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Voted for Tropico 4, want DLC on the cheap
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#5674 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

o yeah and i hate anyone that voted for civ 4

#5675 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

YES! Dead Rising 2 Complete for 75% off. That is THE deal I was hoping for. Totally makes up for all the crappy deals.. for me at least ;)

#5676 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Voted for Tropico 4, want DLC on the cheap

i voted for it too
don't have it and kinda want it

#5677 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

That Dead Rising 2 pack is a solid deal. I know some people were looking for $10 or lower just for OTR.

I'd probably pick up Tropico 4 for $6

#5678 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

YES! Dead Rising 2 Complete for 75% off. That is THE deal I was hoping for. Totally makes up for all the crappy deals.. for me at least ;)

happy for you
even if i don't want it, at least it is a good deal

#5679 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Wow... my first purchase on Steam. I sort of only wanted OTR but it's only $2.50 more for the DLC and first game.

#5680 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Well, semantics aside, I asked the question re: AC III because I haven't been following the Steam thread lately, and wasn't aware of what the current situation was in regards to Steam/Ubi games.

While it's possible that no one in the thread may work for Steam, there certainly are people here who have a wealth of knowledge regarding how the steam deals usually work as well as the current relationship between Valve and a particular publisher.

Just an FYI on my thought process (yes, it did exist) when posting my question.

That's cool, and I wasn't trying to call you out. That kind of question just seems to get asked a lot and it is starting to drive me nuts. :bouncy:
Posted Image

#5681 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Dat Dead Rising 2 deal :D

#5682 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Hello Steam I missed you :D Bought!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5683 dn3g3l

dn3g3l

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:11 AM

not sure if this is the thread to ask but it is for steam. is there a steam key trading only thread on this forum?

#5684 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Wait what? Capcom at 75% off?

I don't even want it but I feel compelled to buy it.

*Edit: Bought. I feel like I must encourage more of this sort of behavior from Capcom in the future.

Also on a completely unrelated note, I voted for Tropico 4 because I think it's the best of the bunch because A) Sim City is nice but dated as hell and B) Anno loses 1000 points for awful multiple layers of restrictive DRM. That and it's been on sale already for two whole days.

steam_sig.png

#5685 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

not sure if this is the thread to ask but it is for steam. is there a steam key trading only thread on this forum?

Theres a link on the OP
oooo DR2 for 75% off.... Whats off the record? is it DLC or a whole new game
Posted Image

#5686 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Question to those who played Skyrim.

So 60+ hours into my game, haven't touched the main quest. Do I do the main quest or Dawnguard? Just bought Dawnguard yesterday.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#5687 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

So 60+ hours into my game, haven't touched the main quest. Do I do the main quest or Dawnguard? Just bought Dawnguard yesterday.

flip a coin
Posted Image

#5688 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

*Edit: Bought. I feel like I must encourage more of this sort of behavior from Capcom in the future.

Also on a completely unrelated note, I voted for Tropico 4 because I think it's the best of the bunch because A) Sim City is nice but dated as hell and B) Anno loses 1000 points for awful multiple layers of restrictive DRM. That and it's been on sale already for two whole days.

seriously
i'm torn

#5689 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

It doesn't really matter honestly. Do what you feel like. Either works or do neither and wander and do other stuff but since you just bought the DLC I kind of think you might want to check it out at least.

steam_sig.png

#5690 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

Question! Since Microsofts GFWL is in DR2, does that mean achievements will carry over to my Xbox profile ala Batman Arkham City? It'll help my purchasing decision. (Don't judge!)

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#5691 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

oh and i hope everyone else uses this super simple logic and votes for tropico 4 its a pretty clear choice

#5692 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Theres a link on the OP
oooo DR2 for 75% off.... Whats off the record? is it DLC or a whole new game

Off the Record is basically Dead Rising 2 with Frank West as the main character. It has a new area, some plot differences and a sandbox mode as well.

Question! Since Microsofts GFWL is in DR2, does that mean achievements will carry over to my Xbox profile ala Batman Arkham City? It'll help my purchasing decision. (Don't judge!)

Yes they will. Also, even if you've already played the 360 version of DR2, you can get the achievements again since the PC version is counted as a separate game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5693 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

No im pretty 100% certain steam achievements will not carry over to the xbox.
Not sure if thats what you were asking.

Off the Record is basically Dead Rising 2 with Frank West as the main character. It has a new area, some plot differences and a sandbox mode as well.

sweet thx
Posted Image

#5694 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

lol I will agree with you on this one
on this topic, can you just log into your live account in game and get achievements? is that the extent of g4wl?

#5695 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:20 AM

I'm tempted to buy it (and I didn't like the first Dead Rising) as a means of showing Capcom that with good sales, we'll buy stuff.

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#5696 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:21 AM

Todays deals are awesome. The deal for Dead rising 2 is awesome. Makes me regret grabbing off the record for $10 during the summer sale as I still haven't touched it. Thankfully it doesn't sound like I am missing anything but not having the orignal dead rising 2. Any of the dlc worth it? Seems just like some silly outfits and weapons.

#5697 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

Aww, I do want Mark of the Ninja, but I was hoping (perhaps unrealistically) for $5. Guess I'll be waiting until the Summer sale or a bundle inclusion on that one. Vote tossed to Tropico 4 which means Sim City will probably win... don't think I've voted for a single winner all sale.

#5698 DrummerX

DrummerX

Dothraki Warlord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Vote Tropico 4! Please :) $5.99 and I'm sold.

#5699 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Todays deals are awesome. The deal for Dead rising 2 is awesome. Makes me regret grabbing off the record for $10 during the summer sale as I still haven't touched it. Thankfully it doesn't sound like I am missing anything but not having the orignal dead rising 2. Any of the dlc worth it? Seems just like some silly outfits and weapons.

Honestly I'm seriously thinking about just getting OTR for $7.50 -- I know the first game is a different 'campaign' but it's basically the same locations and such.

#5700 argyle

argyle

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Voting in vain for Tropico. :-(
Posted Image