Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#5731 empirexdude

empirexdude

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

I bought the Batman arkham franchise pack. I haven't played either of the batman games and I always wanted them, so I bought both of them and am happy I've finally gotten something from this Steam sale so far! :P

#5732 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

If I buy the DR2 pack, and I already have the original DR2, will I get an extra copy?

Unfortunately not.

#5733 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

FTL is worth the cash. I paid $6, already put 10 hours into it and barely scratched the content (and the

Spoiler
)

I really want Mark of the Ninja, think that'll be bundle bait?

Both shanks (same devs) have gone bundle, Humble as they are ;) Shank 2 took less than a year to get in a bundle. So I'd say it'd be possible in about a year. If you think you'll get your money's worth before next summer, I'd say it'd be worth getting now.

#5734 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

If I buy the DR2 pack, and I already have the original DR2, will I get an extra copy?

Unless specifically stated you will not get an extra copy. It just disappears :-(
I dont see anything that says that you will so Im going with no.
Posted Image

#5735 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

If Anno wins I will headdesk because it just came off of being a daily for 48 hours.

I want Anno in the worst way. But there's one word that keeps me from buying it in its current condition:

TAGES. Fuck that

I'm being asked to put up with the retarded always-on Ubi-leash. Don't make me install potentially harmful DRM on my machine as well. (Besides Gamersgate has it on sale right now for $14.98)

Tropico 4 gets my vote, despite the fact that I almost want to wait for a GOTY version since it clearly has DRM diarrhea.

76561197971332172.png

#5736 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

That Dead Rising 2 pack is off the charts. I already own DS2, but I still have to pick that up. Thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when I'm ready to play them. As a result, I still have DS2 in my inventory. So I can just resell it.

#5737 TheKbob

TheKbob

Rock On, Duder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:10 AM

Both shanks (same devs) have gone bundle, Humble as they are ;) Shank 2 took less than a year to get in a bundle. So I'd say it'd be possible in about a year. If you think you'll get your money's worth before next summer, I'd say it'd be worth getting now.

Thanks, I'll sleep on it and see in the morning! Good info!
Posted Image

#5738 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when i'm ready to play them. As a result, i still have ds2 in my inventory. So i can just resell it.

Why the hell haven't i been doing that.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#5739 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

That Dead Rising 2 pack is off the charts. I already own DS2, but I still have to pick that up. Thank goodness for my policy of only adding games to my library when I'm ready to play them. As a result, I still have DS2 in my inventory. So I can just resell it.

I tried that once it worked great.... To bad every game I buy I download it and play it for 10min. Only game in my inventory is Left for Dead.
Posted Image

#5740 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

I want Anno in the worst way. But there's one word that keeps me from buying it in its current condition:

TAGES. Fuck that

I'm being asked to put up with the retarded always-on Ubi-leash. Don't make me install potentially harmful DRM on my machine as well. (Besides Gamersgate has it on sale right now for $14.98)

Tropico 4 gets my vote, despite the fact that I almost want to wait for a GOTY version since it clearly has DRM diarrhea.

I'm with you on the Tages.

For Tropico though the Kalypso DRM is pretty benign. To say that I am not a fan of additional 3rd party DRM on top of Steam is putting it mildly but the Kalypso one is basically just an account login you create that you have to be connected to the net at least temporarily to activate the game for the first time but then you don't after that.

As far as I know, I have never heard of any activation limits with it and I just shut my internet connection off and the game loaded fine with the DLC and everything. (you do need to disable cloud save in Steam though if you are going to do that).

As a DRM, Kalypso's is about on the same level of Steam. It's really not very intrusive or limiting at all.

steam_sig.png

#5741 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yeah I'm pissed I bought DR2 base during the Autumn sale...everyone said it was a great deal for $7 but this deal is truly great. I'd love to have OTR for the sandbox mode. Smart smart thinking by The End.

how much less than 5 was it? because I had it on ps3 back when it came out and I wont play it anytime soon most likely but would like to have it

yeah i was thinking the same thing about the community choice
i am super disappoint

I got it off another CAG for $3. You can wait. & yeah, these community choices...no words.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#5742 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Bride of _____

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:29 AM

amazing deal on the Dead Rising 2 pack, instant buy for me

O6d6OER.jpg

#5743 babycarlitos

babycarlitos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

shit, missed terraria again.... anyone wanna sell/trade me a copy?

flavarican.png

562023.png

mario64gif.gif mario64gif.gif

must...play...games..

#5744 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

shit, missed terraria again.... anyone wanna sell/trade me a copy?

Go here http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=279563
Posted Image

#5745 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Mark of Ninja, Dead Light and HLM all have my attention. Does anyone think they will be in a future Humble Bundle?

#5746 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Ever so slowly, I'm starting to warm to this Holiday sale. Thus far, I've already picked up the DoW Franchise pack & the Dead Space Pack as well as the Telltale Collection (thanks Jake Nome). There have also been a few other items that I would have picked up if I didn't already own them. The Mass Effect pack, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition & Saints Row The Third complete pack
Spoiler
come to mind.

I also regret passing on Sims Medieval & The Tomb Raider Collection. Both were flash deals, so I'm hoping that they return.

Not quite the knock your socks off sale that some past sales have been, but there have been a few awesome deals.

#5747 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

I have 25$ left and there is still 10 days left of this sale I hope I can make it and yet Im hoping for some more awesome sales....
Posted Image

#5748 hbluft

hbluft

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Have 26 left to spend on the holiday sale, just picked up the Dead Rising pack. The sale is picking up in little bits and pieces. Dead Rising was too good of a deal to pass up, it being Capcom and all.

#5749 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Mark of Ninja, Dead Light and HLM all have my attention. Does anyone think they will be in a future Humble Bundle?

Dont know about Deadlight taking in consideration that the publisher is Microsoft but i think Mark Of The Ninja will be on a Bundle in the future, but i'm not expecting that to be soon.

Tretton.png

#5750 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm familiar with the iron grip Starforce had as worst DRM out there, especially with watching it destroy multiple drives, but can someone fill me in on what TAGES does?

#5751 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

Sale seems to be turning around, a great set of flash deals and Community Choice, if tropico wins.

#5752 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Dont know about Deadlight taking in consideration that the publisher is Microsoft but i think Mark Of The Ninja will be on a Bundle in the future, but i'm not expecting that to be soon.

Mark of the Ninja is also published by Microsoft.

#5753 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

Mark of the Ninja is also published by Microsoft.

But the developers are Klei (Same guys from Shank, Shank 2 and Eeets) ;)

Tretton.png

#5754 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

I also regret passing on Sims Medieval & The Tomb Raider Collection. Both were flash deals, so I'm hoping that they return.

If Sims Medieval comes back try to find an Australian to sell/trade it to you. Apparently, it was 93% at $2.19 for some crazy reason there.

By the time I found out, it was minutes before it was ending and I didn't have time to try and track someone down to potentially get it from.

steam_sig.png

#5755 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

i dont know if this has been posted yet but the witcher 2 enhanced edition is only $11.99 right now

#5756 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Mark of the Ninja will probably be in a Humble Bundle. Shank 2 was published in the same way, same style MotN was but with a bit more EA. So MotN is MORE likely to be Humble Bundled than Shank 2 and 1, which both got bundled... so... yeah.

That said, without a doubt it is the best stealth game in years. Easily Chaos Theory or Thief tier. It's just THAT good
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#5757 jrodri86

jrodri86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

i dont know if this has been posted yet but the witcher 2 enhanced edition is only $11.99 right now

Pretty sure it will be a deal of the day for $7.50

Tretton.png

#5758 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

It was 7.49 back in Thanksgiving if I'm not mistaken.

#5759 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Are any of the Dead Rising OTR DLCs gamebreaking or overpowering? From the descriptions it sounds like they might be and I don't want to buy them if that's the case.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#5760 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Merry Christmas, all. Grabbing the Dead Rising pack at that price. Also snagged KotOR I during its flash sale and Scribblenauts from Amazon. Plus, after opting to wait on They Bleed Pixels during its flash deal, an old college friend gifted it to me out of the blue, possibly because I gave him my extra Rage Augmented add-on code a while back. All is well in the world. :D

Edited by DPsycho, 26 December 2012 - 06:31 AM.
They Bleed Pixels. Why do I keep confusing that with Dead Pixels?