Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#5791 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

Just curious about this talk about "I have $X left." Did I miss some deal on steam credit or something or are people just making limits for themselves?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#5792 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Just curious about this talk about "I have $X left." Did I miss some deal on steam credit or something or are people just making limits for themselves?

Either they set a limit for themselves or they have Steam wallet.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5793 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi, is that a good price for Civ 4?
and is it really complete?

Thanks!
pswii60 pwner - aka Too Many Games, Too Little Time
Posted Image

#5794 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi, is that a good price for Civ 4?
and is it really complete?

Thanks!

You might check this bundle out: http://www.amazon.co...=super strategy

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#5795 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

And the new deals are:

GalCiv Complete Pack: 6.24
Retro City Rampage: 7.44
Darksiders Franchise: 13.59

Good price on GalCiv, probably going to bite on that. Glad to see the deals are getting good again.

And since they are, this seems like the time for this.

bUo1PgKksgw
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#5796 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

do you guys think fallout 3 GoTY will get any cheaper?:-k

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#5797 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Oh, To Retro City, Or Not to Retro City. I already have it thanks to PSN+ so im going to pass.

#5798 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Just installed Legend of Grimrock. If I'm not back in twelve hours, send for help.

bZ2g3eF.png

#5799 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I think it'll hit $5 at some point, if that is what you're asking.

But I doubt it will go cheaper than what some CAGs are offering because they don't need the key they received in the GG bundle, I think I've seen it at $4 on the Steam Group Buy thread.

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#5800 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Great deal on GalCiv. Two flashes in a row with at least one solid deal. Ramp things up Gaben.

#5801 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Just installed Legend of Grimrock. If I'm not back in twelve hours, send for help.

I'll send the Classic Dungeon Crawler Appreciation Squad to punish you if you ARE back before twelve hours :bouncy:

#5802 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

100% chance on that. And yeah, as mentioned above, you can probably find people selling keys for it for like 3-4 dollars.

#5803 starscream1101

starscream1101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Well it's been a good Xmas for me. I need to start slowing down...between Gamersgate/Amazon/Steam...here's what I got so far (Also 3 of the Bethesda packs at Gamersgate that I haven't received keys for yet)...

http://i.imgur.com/sLjip.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1UBa6.jpg

#5804 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

But I doubt it will go cheaper than what some CAGs are offering because they don't need the key they received in the GG bundle, I think I've seen it at $4 on the Steam Group Buy thread.

I didn't get a single offer when I tried to sell mine for $4. Best offer that I received was for $3, so I'm sure you'd be able to get it for $3.5 easily.

#5805 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

It's worth playing. I think they're great games

if you like killing zombies non stop then yes :p. To me it wasn't my type of game maybe cause i'm just sick of zombies in general. But for the price i would give it a shot.

Thanks. I just bought the complete pack. :)

I also read that Off the Record includes a sandbox mode that excludes the usual time limits. I hate time limits. So I figured getting this via the complete pack is the way to go.

#5806 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

lol @ GG not flipping the games when their timers run out.

They must be triple-checking everything before it goes live.

Steam Keys for sale:

#5807 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

thanks for the replies:bouncy:,really want to 100% on pc now

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#5808 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

thanks for the replies:bouncy:,really want to 100% on pc now

PC gaming is so much better than console gaming.

Ebaying used games and having to go to the post office...ugh.

Sometimes there will there be a game I would love to rent for a couple bucks instead having to wait -- but you take such a graphics hit with consoles that the costs outweigh the benefits.

Only complaint since I switched over is that my video card died on me right before I scored Skyrim. But its 7 months of use was probably more than how long most folks first Xbox 360 lasted. :lol:

Goodluck on getting that Fallout GOTY. Great, fun game. But if you are Windows 7 you may want to do your homework first as you might have to tinker with it to get it to run relatively smoothly.

Steam Keys for sale:

#5809 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

PC gaming is so much better than console gaming.

Ebaying used games and having to go to the post office...ugh.

Sometimes there will there be a game I would love to rent for a couple bucks instead having to wait -- but you take such a graphics hit with consoles that the costs outweigh the benefits.

Only complaint since I switched over is that my video card died on me right before I scored Skyrim. But its 7 months of use was probably more than how long most folks first Xbox 360 lasted. :lol:

Goodluck on getting that Fallout GOTY. Great, fun game. But if you are Windows 7 you may want to do your homework first as you might have to tinker with it to get it to run relatively smoothly.

very true but still need my console because of friends and relatives.also good to just sit back on the couch and game from a distance

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#5810 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yesterday, a very good CAG friend gifted me McPixel (£2.67, 33% off). Very generous of him.

It's the kind of game you give to people you don't like. MASSIVELY infuriating.

I don't think he knew this, but I can't be sure :lol:

#5811 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yesterday, a very good CAG friend gifted me McPixel (£2.67, 33% off). Very generous of him.

It's the kind of game you give to people you don't like. MASSIVELY infuriating.

I don't think he knew this, but I can't be sure :lol:

I actually love McPixel. I like the humor and the puzzles can be ingenious.

It is definitely not for everyone though.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#5812 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

I know people who have played Morrowind off and on for 10 years and barely touched the main quest.

That's the nature of those Bethesda games. It's super easy to get distracted if you aren't very intent and focused on the main quest but I think that's fine.

Clearly I'm in the minority (again), but this is why I hated Oblivion and why I have very mixed feelings about firing up Skyrim. In the old days of cRPGs (and even pencil-and-paper for that matter), the games were designed not too be too open and that's what I'm comfortable with. I think people tend to forget that storytelling is kind-of the point of these games. If you were playing a game of AD&D with a few friends (or random strangers at a con) and the DM was running a particular module (or even a story out of his own imagination), do you think he would allow you to wander off to another continent and start fannying about? I don't mind open worlds in action games or to a much lesser extent in RPGs, but RPGs and adventure games are very much story-driven and they should be. If I want to wander around a landscape and pick flowers or mine for copper, I'll go play an MMO.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#5813 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Someone pm me if you want dnf or borderlands goty. I'm giving them away, I just despise lurkers.

Borderlands has been taken.

Only Duke is left.

-----------------------------

All gone.

Edited by SCMoney360, 26 December 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#5814 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

There's always been a large chunk of the RPG genre on PCs that have pretty minimal stories and are more about exploration or doing whatever your want. People aren't forgetting "that storytelling is kind-of the point of these games," you're just kind of forcing your idea onto things. Hell, even some of the most famous RPG titles like Baldur's Gate are really light on actual story (Baldur's Gate 2 however, is not).

I mean you have Kingdoms of Amalur in your most played part of your sig. Did you really play that game for the story?

#5815 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Grabbed the Dead Rising bundle. I've played and beaten all of the games and the dlc games on 360 up until OTR but a friend of mine also has DR2 so that should be some coop fun.

So far I've also grabbed Deadlight from the steam sale, and Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations from Amazon. I recently got AC3 and Far Cry 3 of a really generous CAG on here for $30 so I figured I should have the other games in the series that I havent played before starting 3.

#5816 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

It's a strange sale when Capcom looks to be finally learning what a PC game sale is and others are forgetting.

It is too bad that Sonic Generations isn't a part of that lesson...
Posted Image

#5817 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

So stupid question. If I buy the Dead Rising Complete pack and put it in my inventory. Will I be able to gift each game individually?

answer is no. How idiotic is that?

#5818 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

It is too bad that Sonic Generations isn't a part of that lesson...

It is. Sega is the part that is forgetting. Sega in general is great about sales. But they're stuck in 50-66 percent land this event, when they're usually one of the fastest to get to 75 percent.

#5819 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

So stupid question. If I buy the Dead Rising Complete pack and put it in my inventory. Will I be able to gift each game individually?

No.

#5820 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Speakings of DRM... It took me 40 minutes to finally get Arkham City running. Is this probably average or am I a drooling dumbass?

Over thirty minutes of creating accounts and double-checking passwords and security codes is insane. No wonder people pirate this shit.