Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#6091 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

EA Yanked it from Steam a while back for an unknown reason and there is currently no way to get it for the Steam version of the game AFAIK.

Still, for $2 and change for the base, I won't complain even if I can't get the expansion.

Oh wow, all this time I didn't even realize it was a standalone game.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6092 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

In for Resident Evil 5, might grab McPixel. Also is Tropico 4 Modern times worth grabbing?

#6093 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Oh wow, all this time I didn't even realize it was a standalone game.

Oh you mean Sims Medieval itself? Yes it's stand alone, not a Sims 3 expansion.

Sims Medieval has its own expansion called Pirates and Nobles but that is the one I was referring to that got yanked from Steam.

steam_sig.png

#6094 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

Deponia looks interesting. Capcom is putting up some surprisingly good discounts. Color me impressed. Operation Raccoon City's retail shouldn't be $49.99 though.

Oh you mean Sims Medieval itself? Yes it's stand alone, not a Sims 3 expansion.

Sims Medieval has its own expansion called Pirates and Nobles but that is the one I was referring to that got yanked from Steam.

Yeah, all this time I thought Medieval was just another expansion pack to the Sims 3. That's why I asked how it worked since I wasn't sure if it was a separate world when you loaded up the game or if it would just override your current game. That explain why I could never find it by searching 'Sims 3 Medieval'.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#6095 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Yep.

To activate Hunted: The Demon's Forge and DOOM 3 BFE, or sell...

Hunted was an awesome game on the 360 imo. If the pc port holds up I highly recommend it. I know I would buy it if i had some spare cash laying around.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#6096 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Oh btw, if anyone sees a bargain in the EU version of Steam where you'd get ripped off in dollars, don't hesitate to drop me a PM. We'll work it out.

#6097 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

McPixel? More like... McBundleFodder.

#6098 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

So if you go through the Australian Steam Store and you purchase Sims Medieval, can you get in trouble? LOL

#6099 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

So if you go through the Australian Steam Store and you purchase Sims Medieval, can you get in trouble? LOL

It won't let you buy it.

#6100 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

The Sims Medieval is $2.19 in the Aussie Store, anyone interested in picking one up for a even $3USD drop me a pm. I have work in about 2 hours.

Anyone with Marketplace feedback of 50 or more, $2.19 will be fine.

To any ass hats (been 2 so far) who are thinking of adding me to steam and saying they have paid already, I ask everyone to include their CAG when paying and always ask for their fullname in the steam client before sending games.

Stop wasting both of our time.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#6101 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Still waiting for the old Star Wars games to get a daily or flash sale. That's really all I want from this sale now.

fs_overall.png

#6102 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

Wasn't McPixel like pay-what-you-want even a penny or download it free on thepiratebay at one point? And then when it got on Steam he still gave Steam keys to existing owners, right?

I passed on it even at a penny. :-P

steam_sig.png

#6103 TctclMvPhase

TctclMvPhase

Dismal Scientist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Is it weird that now that Deponia has finally hit the magic 75% Off, I kind of want the GOG version with soundtracks and papercraft figures?

black_swan_movie-640x120.jpg

"I was perfect....

#6104 kataztrophik

kataztrophik

Rochambeau! I win.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

To any ass hats (been 2 so far) who are thinking of adding me to steam and saying they have paid already, I ask everyone to include their CAG when paying and always ask for their fullname in the steam client before sending games.

And you wonder why people stop doing nice things for each other. It's people like those 2 douches trying to get over on $2.19 >_>

Anyways, just wanted to thank you emwearz for helping me out. Much appreciated :)

#6105 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Deponia is quite charming, played about an hour of it so far.

Probably gonna get RE5. I've never played a RE game before.

#6106 bantheradio

bantheradio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

For those that picked up Scribblenauts Unlimited from Amazon, is it worth the $7.50? I owned both of the DS games but eventually got bored after the novelty wore off. This one is trying to lure me in on account of there being so much stuff on the Steam Workshop.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6107 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

strange that steam doesn't carry the DLC for re5

Hand__Of__God.png

#6108 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

strange that steam doesn't carry the DLC for re5

You can thank capcom for that :D

#6109 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Man, $6.79 really is a good price for Resident Evil 5. I'm a bit torn because I played the game on an Xbox 360 quite some time ago, and I was always pretty bummed that the DLC didn't make it to PC. Plus, I'm not sure if I'd bother revisiting the game before Capcom decides to drop the sale price even lower. (Yes, I am aware it took Capcom until about now to offer a sub-$10 sale price.)

#6110 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

RE5 is fun. I already beaten it on PC and Xbox360, only thing I need to do is unlock the rest of the characters in RE5 PC Mercenaries but... I think playing RE6 may have ruined my skills :P
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#6111 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

Wasn't McPixel like pay-what-you-want even a penny or download it free on thepiratebay at one point? And then when it got on Steam he still gave Steam keys to existing owners, right?

I passed on it even at a penny. :-P

Isn't everything free there?

#6112 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

RE5 is fun. I already beaten it on PC and Xbox360, only thing I need to do is unlock the rest of the characters in RE5 PC Mercenaries but... I think playing RE6 may have ruined my skills :P

eh, thats debatable.

#6113 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

Still waiting for the old Star Wars games to get a daily or flash sale. That's really all I want from this sale now.

I'm waiting for this, too. I know KOTOR 1+2 were a flash sale the other day, but none of the other Star Wars games were discounted deeper than 50%. I'm specifically looking at Jedi Academy and Empire at War.

#6114 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

Since you already have it, you really should play Borderlands 1. I have both, and I actually prefer the first one - way better menu system, story, etc etc. Skip BL2 unless you're a huge fan. I have about 55 hours on BL1, and love it. I pre-ordered BL2 (and the season pass) but I'm having a hard time getting into it.

Since this is the internet I won't go into a long detailed post about why I disagree. I'll just say right here - I liked Borderlands 2 better in every single way.

76561197971332172.png

#6115 swizzy

swizzy

Secretly Lurking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

i just want far cry 3. hell, id be good with a 25% off(though id prefer 33% but beggars cant be choosers)

:ps3: Puppeteer 

[PS4] Knack & Killzone single player(gotta finish dat fall semester before I go all in on mah ps4)
:pc: Skyrim & New Vegas goodness <3
:wii: Smash Bros Brawl Project M
:360: Halo 4 (indefinite hold)
:psp: Tearaway & Killzone

#6116 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Since this is the internet I won't go into a long detailed post about why I disagree. I'll just say right here - I liked Borderlands 2 better in every single way.

At first I was playing solo and actually kind of hated the experience. I kept getting killed OVER and OVER.

Now I'm going back and playing a multiplayer campaign with my son, and it seems enjoyable so far (I'm level 12 now) so I guess we'll see.

#6117 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I'm always depressed when I read of someone trying to rip off a fellow human being for a couple of bucks.

And during the holidays...ugh. Hopefully, there is a hell. :hot::hot::hot::hot:

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#6118 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Playing single-player, I have never enjoyed any Borderlands related experience.

I should probably try some multiplayer, I suppose.

#6119 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

So, it's just Sims Medieval that is heavily discounted in the Australian store, right? No other Sims games/expansions?

I'm guessing probably not, because that's all that you guys would be talking about. But I gotta ask to make sure.

#6120 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

Buying Resident Evil 5 for your first RE game is almost a mistake. It's not a bad game but you have to approach it with the knowledge that they didn't design a campaign so much as they strung together a lot of dumb filler and several cool set pieces. Plus, you also have to realize that it's a bit like Dead Space only instead of cutting off the limbs, you need to do melee attacks that are set up by shot staggers. It's a weird system but endlessly satisfying in the co-op survival mode. It has a good port though. Shame it doesn't get the DLC that the console versions get.

Also ORC is terrible. Just terrible.

i just want far cry 3. hell, id be good with a 25% off(though id prefer 33% but beggars cant be choosers)

If I got a 10% off I'd be on Far Cry 3 like white on rice.

And I've already beaten it. It's just that good that I want my OWN copy
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.