Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7051 striderz

striderz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Since the sales are so boring and we're all just chillin' here, I'm hoping to spice things up. Enjoy grabbing this, folks! :-P

Alien Shooter

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

:dunce:

One thing: if you take the time to redeem this, please take the time to post it. I’d like to know who got it!

AIGE2-ZW9BI-23XM8 :P? i think it was lurked.

#7052 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

edit: BLOPS2 still has a whopping 17% discount, and for the life of me I don't understand how people let them get away with charging $50 for a "season pass".

For the life of me I don't understand what people see in the CoD series since MW2... the most uninspirational series ever.

On another note: I love the stronghold games. Even though #3 doesn't get very good reviews I enjoy the game alot. It's much better than #2, which turned tedious micromanagement a new athletic sport, and it's closer to #1's epicness, but with better graphics.

AIGE2-ZW9BI-23XM8 :P? i think it was lurked.

That's it. Too bad the taker didn't have the decency to notify us like I asked. How rude.

#7053 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I would like deals I exclaim over today. I would deals catered just to me.

I would like 75% off Blackwell, namely. :)

You should have looked at GOG's 5 games for $10 last month. I basically got all the Blackwell games for $2. (And To The Moon, Unmechanical, Resonance, and Botanicula)
Posted Image

#7054 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

I could have sworn last night on the voting tab that Civ V was advertised as 75% off. Now this morning, it is only 50% off? What gives? Was hoping to snag Gods and Kings for 75% off, $7.50 is still too steep for me.

Another disappointing development in the most disappointing Steam sale to date.

Click on the link for 50% off and you will see that the game and all addons are 75% off when you look at them.

#7055 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Click on the link for 50% off and you will see that the game and all addons are 75% off when you look at them.

Yeah, sometimes the sales don't update immediately on the main page.
Posted Image

#7056 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Is it similar to Civilization: Revolution on the Xbox 360?

IMHO no. That was made for the console and offers to me a different experience almost IMO a tablet like experience. Still fun but V is much more in depth PC based game. IV is probably the better game but if I would start anybody new with V it's slightly more accessible.
Posted Image

#7057 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Not really
Amazon has the 2k strategy pack that has civ 5 GOTY + gods and king + a bunch of other games for $20

Sure, if you don't already own all or part of the pack! And I'm not sure that two more games = a bunch of other games. Already played the Stronghold games, which are fun but do get old. This is a good bundle for people with none of the games already, though. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co...tegy super pack

Is it similar to Civilization: Revolution on the Xbox 360?

It's very different. Civ Rev was intended to be a faster-paced game that you could play online with people. Civ V is a great singleplayer experience that can be played online with people. It's much slower (though you can set the speed to faster). It's more forgiving than Civ IV in that cities have a built-in defense. Most new players forget to keep military units in their cities for defense. Civ V enables ranged bombardment from cities as well as a health bar that prevents one-turn takeovers by barbarians/rival civs. Their one unit per tile rule also removes the stack of doom that you'd often see in Civ IV.

#7058 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I prefer IV over V as IV allows stacking units.

#7059 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Gods and Kings will be $3.15 on Sunday from GMG

edit: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/ says 85% off, plus 30% coupon code = $3.15

#7060 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Gods and Kings will be $3.15 on Sunday from GMG

How's this? Would LOVE to get it for that price.

#7061 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Sure, if you don't already own all or part of the pack! And I'm not sure that two more games = a bunch of other games. Already played the Stronghold games, which are fun but do get old. This is a good bundle for people with none of the games already, though. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.co...tegy super pack

Yeah, this pack would be tempting if I knew I could sell that copy of Civ IV off to somebody for $5. $15 is just too steep for me. I have a physical copy and a DD copy of Civ IV complete already (and as I've mentioned before on this site somewhere, maybe several places, I have a copy of the Stronghold Collection that I can't download from Direct2drive-cum-Gamefly).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7062 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I miss the cultural takeover of cities in Civ 4 a bit more. Unless that still exists in Civ 5 and I haven't seen it.

#7063 xanchui

xanchui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

How's this? Would LOVE to get it for that price.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/ says 85% off, plus 30% coupon code = $3.15

#7064 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

I miss the cultural takeover of cities in Civ 4 a bit more. Unless that still exists in Civ 5 and I haven't seen it.

I do too!!! Not to make this a CIV topic but it's like no cutural takeover really! Of course that would make those culture based CIV's overpowered quite a bit in V. But also couldn't animate the wonders? Couldn't add multiple leaders for the same civ with different traits? Where's Leonard Nimoy!!! Still my 200 + hours say this are grips but haven't stopped me from playing V into the ground! Just a different challenge than IV and that's a good thing.
Posted Image

#7065 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I actually prefer the way V does it tbh. But I also find both civ games to be good.

#7066 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for all of the feedback -- went with Civ 5 on Amazon for $5! :D

EDIT: annnndddd just realized I could have picked up the Civ 4 + 5 double pack for the same price. Damn I'm stupid. lol

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#7067 Ignis

Ignis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hmmm . . Should i Upgrade my Civ 5 copy? Thoughts?

#7068 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

I actually prefer the way V does it tbh. But I also find both civ games to be good.

What's the benefit to not being able to stack units? I loved III, IV, and Rev, but not being able to stack units in V just broke my weak little heart. I only put about six hours into it, though. I could be persuaded back in, but I just don't get why you wouldn't want to stack similar units.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#7069 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I just tried some Giana Sisters. I played two levels and I can already recommend you buy that game. Excellent game, plus it is beautiful, and I mean beautiful.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7070 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

What's the benefit to not being able to stack units? I loved III, IV, and Rev, but not being able to stack units in V just broke my weak little heart. I only put about six hours into it, though. I could be persuaded back in, but I just don't get why you wouldn't want to stack similar units.

Little more realistic and lets you play it more like a RTS game instead of just stacking 20 units on a single tile and spam attacks until dead

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7071 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Christ on a bike. Civ 5 GOTY. What DOESN'T come in the GOTY edition? I assume Gods and Kings does not. Anything else not included in the GOTY?

I swear to God. When I buy a Game of the Year edition, I anticipate getting everything. Now we're got to go and Fuck that up! That's right! I said Shaq-Fu!

#7072 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I just found it to be more fun. I didn't mind it in IV to bad, but I did hate it whenever I'd go to attack an enemy city and had to kill all the units he had sitting in it. I also find that not being able to stack units encourages more of a fluid warfare. Course thats just my opinion.

#7073 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Christ on a bike. Civ 5 GOTY. What DOESN'T come in the GOTY edition? I assume Gods and Kings does not. Anything else not included in the GOTY?

I swear to God. When I buy a Game of the Year edition, I anticipate getting everything. Now we're got to go and Fuck that up! That's right! I said Shaq-Fu!

Korea doesn't come in it as well, and I believe wonders of the ancient world.

#7074 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Hmmm . . Should i Upgrade my Civ 5 copy? Thoughts?

Depends, is all the dlc you get in the game of the year edition worth it to you? If it is then yes for $5 your not getitng a bad deal. But if your only interested in a few pieces of the dlc it might be better to just grab individual dlcs.

#7075 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Korea doesn't come in it as well, and I believe wonders of the ancient world.

Correct on both accounts.

#7076 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

In case anybody misses unit stacking in Civ 5 I would suggest getting the Legions Mod. Yeah sorry about linking another forum, but since the mods have switched to Steam Workshop the way you get it is a bit different. Plus if you don't want any change other than more units per tile then that thread helps with that.

#7077 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

I just found it to be more fun. I didn't mind it in IV to bad, but I did hate it whenever I'd go to attack an enemy city and had to kill all the units he had sitting in it. I also find that not being able to stack units encourages more of a fluid warfare. Course thats just my opinion.

Right, I wasn't trying to argue that you're wrong. I'm seriously interested because there's a lot about Civ 5 that I prefer over the previous Civs, but I just get hung up on that stacking thing.

I personally liked building giant armies of cannons/tanks and rolling up to cities like "You're so toast." In Civ 5, it's more like I surround the city with my army of catapults (never got far enough for cannons and tanks), and just cycle through units bombing on the city, same result, just more moves to get there.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#7078 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I hope some games I really want to play come up, so far the sale has been a let down for me, especially with sites like amazon and gmg having the same games for way less.

#7079 keroppilee

keroppilee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

sales starting to repeat and still not daily/flash on to the moon. there's still a week to go this sale gets longer and longer every year...

#7080 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Anyone want to request me to vote for something? I already own all three games up for community vote so it doesn't matter to me.