Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7081 CronO_O

CronO_O

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Anyone want to request me to vote for something? I already own all three games up for community vote so it doesn't matter to me.

the big yellow one

#7082 keroppilee

keroppilee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

just a few minutes till the new dailies......come on TO THE MOON!

#7083 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

the big yellow one

The big yellow one is the sun!

#7084 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Sins Trinity is mine; mwwhahahahah!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7085 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Today's deals:

Left 4 Dead Franchise 75% off - Complete Pack for $7.49
Limbo 75% off - $2.49
Prototype Franchise 50-75% off
Assassin's Creed Franchise 25-75% off
Just Cause 2 75% off - $3.74
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion 66% off - $13.59

Edit: errr.... now Assassin's Creed franchise is showing 35% for all the games that aren't ACIII. Hopefully this is just a case of the store being buggy for a bit.

#7086 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

That upcoming GMG price on God and Kings is insane. Anyone who has the Civ V base but not the expansion yet I wholeheartedly recommend it as it adds a lot to the game.

And I'm curious to sell how well Sins Rebellion does in the Steam top sellers list today. I had trouble unloading it @ $10 from the GG screw up pack and had to bring the price down to $7.50, but that may just be CAGs being CAGs and/or that series is not as well known as say Civ or Shogun or something.

steam_sig.png

#7087 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I must be really stingy this year, I have yet to bite on anything. The only holiday purchases I've made are RAW and Walking Dead on XBLA.

Backlog envy, that's all I can explain for this odd phenomenon.

76561198014930049.png

#7088 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Secret World should go on sale! waiting for that damnit.. its 15$ on their main website but want it on Steam :(

#7089 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Today's deals:

Left 4 Dead Franchise 75% off - Complete Pack for $7.49
Limbo 75% off - $2.49
Prototype Franchise 50-75% off
Assassin's Creed Franchise 25-75% off
Just Cause 2 75% off - $3.74
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion 66% off - $13.59

...I own too many games. Sins of a Solar Empire is all I don't have, and I'm not big on RTS. I guess I could buy a back up copy of Left 4 Dead 2. Yeah, I'll do that.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#7090 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

My prices are showing up a little different from what was mentioned above...Sins is 50% off, Left 4 Dead is 50% off, Prototype is 25% off...glad to hear that they are actually lower than this.

#7091 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

The only holiday purchases I've made are RAW and Walking Dead on XBLA.

How is RAW by the way?

The PC version is published by Focus so I'd have to even research and make sure for sure it didn't have some crappy 3rd party DRM snuck in though...

steam_sig.png

#7092 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Once again, I'm a little disappointed in the daily deals. Would it kill them to do a 75% discount on Assassin's Creed: Revelations? It's over a year old already... :P

#7093 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm waiting for the Lucas Arts stuff to go on sale. Republic Commando will be mine at 75% off. It's just a matter of time.

#7094 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

...I own too many games. Sins of a Solar Empire is all I don't have, and I'm not big on RTS. I guess I could buy a back up copy of Left 4 Dead 2. Yeah, I'll do that.

Same. Well, I've just started to dip my toes into the Assassin's Creed franchise (have the first game) but I haven't played it yet so I don't know if I want to commit just yet. :P

#7095 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

^^^
Amazon had AC:R for $7.50 on Xmas :D [UPlay version]

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7096 Outinthedark

Outinthedark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How is RAW by the way?

The PC version is published by Focus so I'd have to even research and make sure for sure it didn't have some crappy 3rd party DRM snuck in though...

I'm playing the Rogue and it's more button mash than I'd have liked. Mediocre hack and slash. $5 in space bucks though satisfied that D&D itch.

76561198014930049.png

#7097 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Sins of a Solar Empire is great. I bought the base game, and bought Entrenchment. Didn't buy Diplomacy. Rebellion looks great.

The main drawback of Sins is that there's no singleplayer campaign. It's all skirmish based. That said, no game plays the same. The three factions are very different and are a real treat to learn. The mods are what made the game so awesome, though. There was a Star Wars mod that I just loved playing. Imagine rolling into a system with a Super Star Destroyer and 10 Imperial Star Destroyers to the Imperial March playing in the background. Truly an epic experience.

Regarding Civ V, I thought about paying the $5 to upgrade, but all I care about are the five civs that I'd get. Considering Spain comes with Gods and Kings (along with 9 other civs), it's hard to justify the $5 compared to all you get for $7.25. I'm also betting that a new GOTY edition will come out that includes all DLC prior to Gods & Kings.

And thanks for posting the GMG deal. I'll hold off now and pick that up on Sunday. Can't wait!

#7098 motoki

motoki

Sailor Sakura Sweetleaf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'm waiting for the Lucas Arts stuff to go on sale. Republic Commando will be mine at 75% off. It's just a matter of time.

IIRC from past sales, the Lucas stuff is usually pretty chintzy on their sales.

I want Lego Star Wars and may just cave at 50% off.

steam_sig.png

#7099 rirath

rirath

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

And I'm curious to sell how well Sins Rebellion does in the Steam top sellers list today. I had trouble unloading it @ $10 from the GG screw up pack and had to bring the price down to $7.50, but that may just be CAGs being CAGs and/or that series is not as well known as say Civ or Shogun or something.

I'd love to play it, since I've yet to play any in the series, but it's always just a matter of other games having my attention first. One of these times...

#7100 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Only thing that interests me is Just Cause 2, but I already own in own Xbox360

;(

#7101 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

^^^

Exactly. It wouldn't have killed them to also offer it at this price. I know they all require Uplay anyway, but I have the rest of them on Steam and well... I want them all in the same place.

#7102 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Really want Revelations as it's the next in the series I need to play. Might just bite the bullet for it's current price. Don't know if I wanna wait for the summer sale to see Ubisoft be stingy with their prices again. :/

#7103 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

I want Lego Star Wars and may just cave at 50% off.

As long as you're talking about "The Complete Saga" and not that garbage Clone Wars, then I say do it! ;)

#7104 Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Any chance that Assassin's Creed I/II will be cheaper on Amazon/GMG, or should I just bite at this point?

#7105 msdmoney

msdmoney

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I see a lot of repeats between the daily deals and the flash sales and community's choice. I would love to see them differentiate the two. Maybe the daily deals are all the recent big name games and the flash sales are the older games on the cheap. There are a lot of older games that aren't hits that I would like to pick up on the cheap but I think they are almost looked over or forgotten. Games like RUSE, Hunted the Demon's Forge, the Deathspank games, 007 Quantum of Solace and BloodStone, World in Conflict, and I'm sure there are a ton more that go neglected in the deeper discount deals. Most of these have 33%-50% discounts.

#7106 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Once again, I'm a little disappointed in the daily deals. Would it kill them to do a 75% discount on Assassin's Creed: Revelations? It's over a year old already... :P

^^^

Exactly. It wouldn't have killed them to also offer it at this price. I know they all require Uplay anyway, but I have the rest of them on Steam and well... I want them all in the same place.

Same here.. passed on the Amazon price because I already had some of the series on Steam. Gah!

76561197971332172.png

#7107 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Any chance that Assassin's Creed I/II will be cheaper on Amazon/GMG, or should I just bite at this point?

If you don't care about having them on Steam, it's been (somewhat) lower before.

This has been on sale for like $5 before for both I and II, physical copy. Some people even reported getting it at Target on clearance for about $2.

#7108 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Nothing for me today which is a good thing :lol:
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7109 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Really want Revelations as it's the next in the series I need to play. Might just bite the bullet for it's current price. Don't know if I wanna wait for the summer sale to see Ubisoft be stingy with their prices again. :/

I'm about to do that for the gold edition. It's a bit more than I want to pay, but after seeing it not go on sale during the autumn sale I'm fearful it won't until the summer or later. And I would play it within the next month.

#7110 rirath

rirath

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

I miss the cultural takeover of cities in Civ 4 a bit more. Unless that still exists in Civ 5 and I haven't seen it.

I do too!!! Not to make this a CIV topic but it's like no cutural takeover really! Of course that would make those culture based CIV's overpowered quite a bit in V.

Culture takeovers were, by far, my favorite part of Civ 4. Probably why I've yet to start Civ 5, honestly... though I need to as I personally am glad to see unit stacking go. So G&K's Sunday for $3? Yeah... might do that.