Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7291 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

Did I miss FTL for 75% off, or has that not happened yet?

Well its still a daily deal at 50% off for another 14 hours
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#7292 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

That depends. How bad do you need it on Steam? If you can live with just UPlay then someone somewhere will probably have it on sale in the coming months.

Your choices are somewhat more limited if you are in the US though since Greenmangaming and Getgamesgo cannot sell Ubi Stuff to the US.

Definitely want it on steam, have all the rest on steam, kind of OCD about that kind of stuff lol.

#7293 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Only hope you have of FTL hitting 75% off this sale cycle is Gamer's Gate!

#7294 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

Only hope you have of FTL hitting 75% off this sale cycle is Gamer's Gate!

Just make sure you use your key first thing or else your order might be cancelled without a refund!
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#7295 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Just make sure you use your key first thing or else your order might be cancelled without a refund!

And they also might steal your babies. Just sayin.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7296 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Well before you jokers confuse the newbs even further, Gamersgate doesn't sell FTL and everyone who does is comptent and knows how to set discounts correctly.

steam_sig.png

#7297 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Spoiler

Who is?

#7298 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

(sigh) I wish I could slap people sometimes. CAG is about getting games for as cheap as possible. By voting for a game on Steam that is on sale cheaper elsewhere.. (sigh) I know, Steam users aren't all CAGs but it's frustrating because it tells Steam that it's ok not to bottom out the prices of these sales.

#7299 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:40 AM

Wait, I thought it was the CIA that distributed crack in inner-city neighborhoods--are you saying it was the crafty Swedes all along?

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#7300 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

They're giving back my baby in January once they get some more from Russia.

#7301 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:42 AM

Who is?

Spoiler

At least I think that's who she meant with the comment about 'if you are going to talk about regional pricing mention where you are' because no one else on that page was talking about regional pricing.

steam_sig.png

#7302 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

They're giving back my baby in January once they get some more from Russia.

Must not be from the US... cause we're not allowed to anymore :-P

Seriously, news said there are something like 650,000 orphans over there in their system. We adopt about 1,000 a year. So you're talking like .0015%. Almost a laughably LOW number. ( I say almost because if you're one of those .0015% then it's kinda a big deal)

#7303 soulkyo

soulkyo

Veterinary Medicine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hi guys. Do you recommend buying the Assassins Creed? I'm thinking on buying the 1, 2 and Brotherhood, which are 75% off. Are they going to be cheaper?

#7304 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Hi guys. Do you recommend buying the Assassins Creed? I'm thinking on buying the 1, 2 and Brotherhood, which are 75% off. Are they going to be cheaper?

Doubt they'll be cheaper. I enjoyed one, but the general consensus is to skip it and start with two.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#7305 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

It will be VERY hard to go from 2 back to 1 in the future. The Enzio group is fun but again, centered around one character. Honestly, you could probably skip them all and just jump into 3 with one of those "this is what happened" videos.

#7306 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:52 AM

Spoiler

At least I think that's who she meant with the comment about 'if you are going to talk about regional pricing mention where you are' because no one else on that page was talking about regional pricing.

There was another comment on one of the previous pages - which is what I thought she was commenting on.

And
Spoiler

E: This post:

Where are you from?

In my country the Complete Edition is $5.74 while the regular edition is only $3.74

#7307 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

There was another comment on one of the previous pages - which is what I thought she was commenting on.

Spoiler

Okay I am thoroughly confused now. I thought you were offering to help with Sims Medieval Australian pricing but maybe I had you mixed up with someone else.

Anyway, people post your countries if you talk about regions. :-k

steam_sig.png

#7308 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

For anyone who recently bought Borderlands 2, these two pages (below) have a list of the currently active shift keys. I doubled checked they are identical listings though the orcz has more details. All of these activated for me fine this evening. 24 Golden keys now, iirc.

http://orcz.com/Bord...est_Shift_Codes
http://www.ign.com/w...and_Golden_Keys

Also, it would be nice to include your Country/Region when you're discussing regional pricing.

These are awesome - I got almost a dozen codes between these pages. Mystery Box here I come!
Posted Image

#7309 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

(sigh) I wish I could slap people sometimes. CAG is about getting games for as cheap as possible. By voting for a game on Steam that is on sale cheaper elsewhere.. (sigh) I know, Steam users aren't all CAGs but it's frustrating because it tells Steam that it's ok not to bottom out the prices of these sales.

I completely agree, with special emphasis with on sale elsewhere cheaper atm.

Wait, I thought it was the CIA that distributed crack in inner-city neighborhoods--are you saying it was the crafty Swedes all along?

Seems more probable, according to the US DoJ, but then again who knows what their motives are. I can say from plenty of first hand experience that the San Jose Mercury is full of crap.

Full DoJ report.

Conclusion
Spoiler

There are three price trackers in my sig. I paid $5 for AC2, $7.50 for AC:B Deluxe, and ~$12 for AC:R deluxe, all worth it, play then in order (story arc). AC1 has a reputation of being overly repetative, and generally it is recommended to skip it. I paied $5 for AC1, and intend to play it before AC3 drops in price enough.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7310 willynateDgreat

willynateDgreat

2OLD2GAME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

AC:II and AC: Brotherhood are the best two in the series. AC: Revelations doesn't add much new to the mix.

AC:I is okay, but you really don't need to play it to enjoy AC:II.
Posted Image

#7311 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

And

Spoiler

E: This post:

Yes, I was referring to Bort. Though really it was a more general comment. I've seen several regional pricing mentions in the last few days that the poster didn't say where they were located (nor did their forum tag indicate).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7312 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Okay I am thoroughly confused now. I thought you were offering to help with Sims Medieval Australian pricing but maybe I had you mixed up with someone else.

I was (and even have one copy left over ;)), but I'm still not in Australia.

Australia and New Zealand typically have the same prices (although there's the occasional item that's cheaper here or there.)

#7313 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

New Flash sales

Dungeon Defenders 75%
Port Royale 3 75%
Sherlock Holmes 50%

Anyone have any opinions on Port Royale 3?

#7314 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

I was (and even have one copy left over ;)), but I'm still not in Australia.

Australia and New Zealand typically have the same prices (although there's the occasional item that's cheaper here or there.)

Oh New Zealand.

Same difference. :lol:

*runs and hides now*

steam_sig.png

#7315 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

At least a couple of new titles are being cycled in this time.

#7316 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Oh New Zealand.

*runs and hides now*

:fridge:

#7317 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Oh New Zealand.

*runs and hides now*

:fridge:

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#7318 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Dammit, I like the original Port Royale but this one has a really low meta score and I can't tell if it's worth it :-(

Hey, it looks like Motoki wants this game. Motoki should but this game. Then Motoki can tell us all how wonderful (or not) it is :-P

#7319 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

It will be VERY hard to go from 2 back to 1 in the future. The Enzio group is fun but again, centered around one character. Honestly, you could probably skip them all and just jump into 3 with one of those "this is what happened" videos.

I actually played them in order of AC2, ACB, AC1. I thought going back in time to see where it all began was pretty cool, like I was playing a prequel. I was also happily surprised the gameplay was just as solid; it really didn't feel like I was playing an older game at all.

But yeah, it is a bit repetitive. Not bad at all though.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7320 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

Possible Hidden Gem?
http://store.steampo...d.com/app/2930/

I've played Birth of America 2, and it's a fun (albeit extremely detailed and intricate) game. It's essentially a board game interface, but it's quite complex and takes a while to really understand what you're doing. It's very well done, though, and it still receives support from AGEOD, even years after being published. If you have patience and like board game-style wargames, all of these AGEOD games are worthwhile.

I would recommend BoA2 over BoA1, though, as it's better in every way. It has an updated engine and additional campaigns, in addition to just about everything that was in BoA1. For some reason, though, it's not on Steam. BoA1 is a good way to get into AGEOD games and will give you a solid gaming experience if you're patient, but try to track down BoA2 for cheap elsewhere, if you can. Still, for $2, it's hard to go wrong.