Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#721 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Okay, this has nothing to do with Steam but I post it here because:

1) Fairly decent looking open world ARPG that's near finished and not asking for a lot;

2) Hot Croatian babe developer.

http://www.kickstart...legends-of-dawn

pix?
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#722 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Video

#723 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I've broken that rule 5 times since I started using Steam.

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - For $10.20 - July 3, 2011
The Sims 3 - For $13.60 - July 6, 2011
The Sims 3 World Adventures - For $10.20 - July 6, 2011
The Sims 3 Late Night - For $13.60 - July 6, 2011
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack - For $13.29 - July 23, 2012

Breaking the rule over 20 cents is forgivable. Breaking the rule over $3.60 :hot: How could you?!?! Were you drunk? Did you just have to see what it was like?
That was 36% man!! 36%!! I just, I can't even look at you right now!

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#724 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I've broken that rule 5 times since I started using Steam.

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition - For $10.20 - July 3, 2011
The Sims 3 - For $13.60 - July 6, 2011
The Sims 3 World Adventures - For $10.20 - July 6, 2011
The Sims 3 Late Night - For $13.60 - July 6, 2011
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack - For $13.29 - July 23, 2012

I've slightly regretted every one of them because I've yet to play any of them and they're all cheaper now. And Saints Row the 3rd has been in a freekin Humble Bundle. So yeah, no more games over $10 for me.

This is already post #28 for me. Would be 29 if a mod hadn't deleted one of my posts.

Well Saint's Row Full Package hasn't been much cheaper, so assuming you care about the DLCs, the Franchise Pack was still well worth it.

#725 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Video

hawwwwt
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#726 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Okay, this has nothing to do with Steam but I post it here because:

1) Fairly decent looking open world ARPG that's near finished and not asking for a lot;

Cool @ Rockport, MA!
They're in my State!! :D

#727 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

I think that's probably just a localized address to satisfy Kickstarter rules -- they seem to be based in Croatia.

#728 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

Well Saint's Row Full Package hasn't been much cheaper, so assuming you care about the DLCs, the Franchise Pack was still well worth it.

It has been cheaper - it was $10.19 at one point IIRC.

#729 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Breaking the rule over 20 cents is forgivable. Breaking the rule over $3.60 :hot: How could you?!?! Were you drunk? Did you just have to see what it was like?
That was 36% man!! 36%!! I just, I can't even look at you right now!

Yeah, and they're Sims games. All of them were heavily *ahem* "discounted" during the Origin Fall sale.

At least with SR3, I get some additional DLC for not much more than it has been recently. As jatan11 sort of pointed out.

Live & learn though. And it serves as a bit of a cautionary tale for any Steam Newbies who are about to go through their first big sale. It's OK to spend more than $10. But make sure it's a game that you want to play right away. Because unless it's Skyrim, it will be cheaper during the Summer sale.

#730 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:47 AM

So I booted up La Mulana since I got it off the Groupees bundle. I put my controller in, go to specify controls. They want you to specify more buttons than any normal controller has. How does one set up either a PS3 or 360 controller button wise?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#731 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

It has been cheaper - it was $10.19 at one point IIRC.

I don't think it was ever $10, unless you're talking about the aussie price.

#732 MC Kage

MC Kage

And since it's not on Steam or pretty much anywhere but Microsoft it NEVER GOES ON SALE except that like one time, ever.

That sucks lol. Should've been in that MS Store Flash sale. It's honestly a great game.

lol

That's it, I'm never trying a dropped key again. Thank god some poor sap got to it before I did.

Lmao. Who got it? For anyone wondering what game it was... Revelations 2012 hehe

Finally got Borderlands GOTY. Crossing my fingers for Chivalry: MW for under $10 :)

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#733 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

I don't know...$10 is kind of high. I typically stay in the $5 and under range unless something really jumps out as a great deal and must play now.

#734 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Live & learn though. And it serves as a bit of a cautionary tale for any Steam Newbies who are about to go through their first big sale. It's OK to spend more than $10. But make sure it's a game that you want to play right away. Because unless it's Skyrim, it will be cheaper during the Summer sale.

And if you're patient, and I mean like Mooby level patient, any game* will be $5 at some point even Skyrim. Oblivion is $5 today on Gamersgate.

*Games published by EA and certain Japanese publishers like Capcom who are chintzier with their sales and/or hate Valve are excluded

#735 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

And if you're patient, and I mean like Mooby level patient, any game* will be $5 at some point even Skyrim. Oblivion is $5 today on Gamersgate.

*Games published by EA and certain Japanese publishers like Capcom who are chintzier with their sales and/or hate Valve are excluded

I'd love to see Super SF4: Arcade Ed hit $5 or less....
...even though, it probably ain't likely w/ Capcom.

#736 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

So I booted up La Mulana since I got it off the Groupees bundle. I put my controller in, go to specify controls. They want you to specify more buttons than any normal controller has. How does one set up either a PS3 or 360 controller button wise?

Really? Mine just detected the (wireless) 360 controller as a 360 controller and I didn't have to do anything.

#737 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

I always picture everyone in here acting like the rabbits from Rayman Raving Rabbits. Running around and all hell breaking lose with everyone screaming for before a big sale.

#738 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Grabbed Skyrim retail at $10 during that crazy Microsoft Store middle of the night sale. Also, buddy sold me a Borderlands 2 code he got with his graphics card for $5!

#739 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Grabbed Skyrim retail at $10 during that crazy Microsoft Store middle of the night sale. Also, buddy sold me a Borderlands 2 code he got with his graphics card for $5!

You overpaid!! Everything is free eventually!!!!

#740 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Duke Nukem Forever complete - worth keeping or sell for $5. Is it truly that bad

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#741 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

#742 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

You shattered my image of you Mooby. I always thought you were an immoveable golem who waited eons for a $5 pricetag. :lol:

Actually though that Microsoft sale was nuts. I got Diablo III and Skylanders (don't judge!) on it. Would have gotten Skyrim but I already had it.

I paid $60 for it but I got the CE with the damned dragon statue so I'm justifying it.

Actually I did wait around for quite some time for the price on the CE to drop.

#743 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Eventually? It's always "free" at the Pie Rat Bay Outlet Store, and they get stuff pretty quick.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#744 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Price range is relative, though. $10 for something new-ish like Skyrim from a company like Bethesda seemed decent enough. I'm thinking it'll be another year before it hits $10 on a consistent basis. But $10 is just my extreme upper limit.

There's pretty much only one game on my Steam wishlist right now that I'd pay $10 for -- Dead Rising OTR which hit $10 during the Summer sale but I passed on. Knowing Capcom it probably won't hit $10 again. Other than that I don't see any individual purchases over $5 barring some miracle like an Amalur sale.

#745 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

You shattered my image of you Mooby. I always thought you were an immoveable golem who waited eons for a $5 pricetag. :lol:

Actually though that Microsoft sale was nuts. I got Diablo III and Skylanders (don't judge!) on it. Would have gotten Skyrim but I already had it.

I paid $60 for it but I got the CE with the damned dragon statue so I'm justifying it.

Actually I did wait around for quite some time for the price on the CE to drop.

D3 is easily worth $10.
I got it for that during the TRU blowout.

I wish I got my hands on TSW during Microsoft Sale or GMG's recent $5 sale - since it's now "No subs."

Skyrim's EASILY worth $10.

#746 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

I always picture everyone in here acting like the rabbits from Rayman Raving Rabbits. Running around and all hell breaking lose with everyone screaming for before a big sale.

No no no, that only happens when it gets to 10 minutes before the sale.

#747 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

I own one Capcom game on the PC.

Lost Planet.

I got it for $5 in 2008. It was one of my first Steam purchases.

I still haven't played it.

#748 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

*Watches video* Time to move to Croatia

We've put 36 pages on this thread in less than 2 days, just imagine what will happen tomorrow. Calm before the storm, I tell ya. Calm before the storm. We do have a resource (like a link ready) for the inevitable rush of people that don't follow the thread and ae going to ask the same questions hundreds of times right? Like a quick FAQ or something? Where's Spoony?

Aww, you're so sweet. Here I am!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#749 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

I own one Capcom game on the PC.

Lost Planet.

I got it for $5 in 2008. It was one of my first Steam purchases.

I still haven't played it.

Lost Planet is good. You should play it.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#750 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'd like some quick feedback from regulars. Should I keep or drop the links to the other sale thread from my sig? (You'll need to scroll up a little)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.