Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7621 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Part 2 hurry

VRCM4-K7J4Q-8G0ZY

Gone.

#7622 snoopcogg

snoopcogg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

It looks like all the Genesis games and Sonic CD are missing from this new bundle, at least. I don't remember if Sonic Adventure DX was in the first bundle (most likely it was), but it's not in this new one, either.

I guess I'll wait... Really why post a similar bundle with less content for the same price?
I missed out the first time around. Maybe they will make it a daily sale again before its over.

#7623 XxSmityxX

XxSmityxX

Sega New Astro City!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

^^^^
I'm sure you've heard this before, but if your dying to play Skyrim, it's totally worth it at any price.
Bethesda is usually pretty stingy with their discounts because they know their games are just that good.

But is it the developer that gives the discount or the supplier? I was always under the impression it was up to the supplier...
http://www.southtown-homebrew.com -- shockboxes, carts, art, Naomi harnesses, Sanwa, and more. :P

#7624 meatwad3000

meatwad3000

The Mauve Avenger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

^^^^
I'm sure you've heard this before, but if your dying to play Skyrim, it's totally worth it at any price.
Bethesda is usually pretty stingy with their discounts because they know their games are just that good.

To be honest I'm not really in too much of a hurry I still got a decent sized backlog to plow through. Though after seeing for $10 in the microsoft store sale and the Toys R' Us clearance bin awhile back and missed out on both of those. I just can't justify $30 and with the cost of the 2 expansions out now I think $25 or $20 would've been a more justifiable pricepoint. I'll just wait out for the inevitable GoTY at this point if I waited out this long.

#7625 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have passed on the X Superbox for so many years, but I think this may be the year I finally break down and buy it. No, I can't. Yes.. no. No.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7626 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

But is it the developer that gives the discount or the supplier? I was always under the impression it was up to the supplier...

I think for digital games, the discount depends on the Publisher/Developer. I know over in the Amazon PCDD thread, Tony is always checking with the Publishers on the pricepoint of games. I'm sure they can lower the price, but they would still have to give the pub/dev the agreed upon share of the profits [I'm guessing they buy keys in bulk, so like $XX per key]

To be honest I'm not really in too much of a hurry I still got a decent sized backlog to plow through. Though after seeing for $10 in the microsoft store sale and the Toys R' Us clearance bin awhile back and missed out on both of those. I just can't justify $30 and with the cost of the 2 expansions out now I think $25 or $20 would've been a more justifiable pricepoint. I'll just wait out for the inevitable GoTY at this point if I waited out this long.

Totally understand. I was one of the lucky few who got a TRU SKyrim copy [my first Bethesda game]; but after playing it I would have no problem paying $30 for it. In fact since then, I have bought: FO:NV, FO3, Oblivion, Morrowind. [all from STEAM, not GG copies]

Edited by UW_Shocks, 29 December 2012 - 09:08 PM.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7627 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7628 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

This steam sale is just pathetic. Why are people buying games off Steam when basically any top 100 game you can think of has been beaten somewhere else.

#7629 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.

+1

#7630 Heavenlywind

Heavenlywind

☆さくらちゃん☆

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

So which lovely community choice should I vote for.. I kind of want to vote for Farming simulator 2013..
Posted Image

#7631 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

...Witcher 2 has been less than $7.50?
GTA4 Complete has been less than $7.50?

I mean I'm not getting the latter out of the fact that I refuse to buy a game with that much DRM on it (I forget, is it 4 or 5 layers for GTA4?) but for once in this sale they've got good prices and haven't been beaten somewhere else, unless I missed something.

#7632 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

^^^
No to the W2 being lower than $7.50

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#7633 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

To anyone looking to bite on King's Bounty, GGG has King's Bounty Platinum for $5.49 (Legend, Armored Princess, Crossworlds).

I voted Farming Simulator because I could. :lol:

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7634 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

So which lovely community choice should I vote for.. I kind of want to vote for Farming simulator 2013..

Vote for the train game. There's a chance some of that DLC might get glitched again and I could pick up some $40 DLC for $1.

#7635 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

snip

When you have a free code you feel like giving out ask people to PM you and give it there.

Too many lurkers taking codes and not giving thanks

Plus I wanted to make a rainbow message

I tried this method with a list of games I had but only received one pm from someone who asked for a key and then never responded with a thanks or anything. I have seen the same game keys posted in thread snatched up by people and I have also seen people saying they purchased games from Steam that were on the list of games I posted here for free.

Maybe I smell or something.

#7636 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I tried this method with a list of games I had but only received one pm from someone who asked for a key and then never responded with a thanks or anything. I have seen the same game keys posted in thread snatched up by people and I have also seen people saying they purchased games from Steam that were on the list of games I posted here for free.

Maybe I smell or something.

Aw, I feel like giving you a hug :P At least with pms, you know who the ungrateful ingrate is :P

#7637 travathian

travathian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Oh look, people care more about helping lurkers then they do being a part of the community, how quaint.

Oh look, people doing what they want with THEIR keys. Seriously, I have better things to do than sift thru PMs and give keys to people. How about be part of the community and ease up on the sour grapes just cause your ninja skills are weak.

#7638 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Oh look, people doing what they want with THEIR keys. Seriously, I have better things to do than sift thru PMs and give keys to people. How about be part of the community and ease up on the sour grapes just cause your ninja skills are weak.

All you do is complain. Nobody asked you, you're not the one giving away keys.

Just as unpleasant as always, I see.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#7639 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

So many space games maybe someone can help. I want a space sim where you can control you're own ship but also have AI-controller ships. Also that there is decent combat and it isn't majorly complicated that it requires many hours just to complete the first mission.

fs_overall.png

#7640 MrMuffinzzz

MrMuffinzzz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

All you do is complain. Nobody asked you, you're not the one giving away keys.

Just as unpleasant as always, I see.

:argue:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

#7641 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

I actually never redeem a code unless it's given to me, thanks for asking.

Also you're sifting through PM's? WTF?
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#7642 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Legend of Grimrock Steam Key x 1

Hidden somewhere below

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7643 The Assembler

The Assembler

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I think you're being a bit dramatic.

#7644 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

I wish I could add my "dramatic cags" tag back from the V5 thread. It's one of the few consistencies here. ;)

#7645 MrMuffinzzz

MrMuffinzzz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Hidden somewhere below

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Whoo, awesome was looking to get this, thanks you so much :D

Edit: I took the Grimrock code btw not the bonus code.

#7646 Flesseck

Flesseck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Hidden somewhere below

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Haha, that was fun! Thanks for Binding of Isaac.

#7647 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Anyone wanna go in on a 4-pack of "Payday The Heist"? Just send me a PM! :)

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#7648 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Whoa, STEAM overlay is back to pre-sale mode; I'm sure it's a glitch but I was a bit shocked.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#7649 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

The X Superbox is $4.91 in Russia. :(

#7650 MrMuffinzzz

MrMuffinzzz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Resonance for 2.49, I'm in! :D

Now if only we could get Primordia on sale, I'd be extremely happy.