Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7711 kaydigi

kaydigi

BK All Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

So can San Andreas be played with a 360 controller flawlessly?

#7712 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Some nights I dream I lost my turtle hat and wake up sad.

I dreamed of turtle soup and woke up full.

Oh, how I long for turtle soup.
It warms the soul, the spirit,
all the day through. So rare a treat,
a special occasion it must merit.

Oh, how much I love this turtle soup.
But now I've found myself most bereft,
Upon looking into my bowl,
to see there is none left.

Oh, how I miss my turtle soup.
So much I've enjoyed this delicatessen.
I have somehow missed,
to learn my lesson.

Oh, how I loved that turtle soup,
I cooked up a batch quickly, and in that forgot,
how it upsets my stomach,
and left me feeling quite sickly.

Oh, how I'd love to talk,
more of turtle soup,
but I have to leave you now,
for I have to poop.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#7713 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Hmm, I just realized that Steam hasn't run any "indie bundles" like they did in the summer sale. I guess that didn't work out for them. (Or the discounts were "too steep" for this Winter Sale.)

They probably weren't willing to compete at the same (potentially steep) discounts as Humble, Royale, Gala, etc. Best Valve did there were those 5 for $5 packs two years ago. Given their current lackluster discounts on everything else I doubt we'll see anything like that again.

#7714 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Oh, how I long for turtle soup.
It warms the soul, the spirit,
all the day through. So rare a treat,
a special occasion it must merit.

Oh, how much I love this turtle soup.
But now I've found myself most bereft,
Upon looking into my bowl,
to see there is none left.

Oh, how I miss my turtle soup.
So much I've enjoyed this delicatessen.
I have somehow missed,
to learn my lesson.

Oh, how I loved that turtle soup,
I cooked up a batch quickly,
and in that forgot,
how it upsets my stomach,
and left me feeling quite sickly.

Oh, how I'd love to talk,
more of turtle soup,
but I have to leave you now,
for I have to poop.

:applause::bouncy::applause:

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7715 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

^^^
Ya, I'm rdy for another Indie Gala Bundle

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#7716 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Kinda miffed I didn't realize that Endless Space was good until AFTER it went off daily.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7717 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

im trying to buy the gta4 pack but im not sure if i have gta 4 complete edition or vanilla. When i click on gta 4 complete edition it says i already own it and when i click gta 4 vanilla it says i own it too. Can someone tell me a way to figure out what copy i have? I tried looking in properties but couldnt find anything

#7718 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Indie Gala is my fav bundle now outside of Humble still. Royale imo sucks 90% of the time.

#7719 Senusret

Senusret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

From what I've played I find it fun. For $10 it's worth it in my eyes. Though the game is supposed to be at it's best in MP but I can't comment as I don't really intend to play MP with this game.

Yeah, i tinkered with the single player for about an hour myself. Definitely scratches that rts itch if you got it. Seems like it would be an engaging multiplayer expererience, will try it sometime this week.

#7720 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Indie Gala is my fav bundle now outside of Humble still. Royale imo sucks 90% of the time.

I agree, I think theres only be one bundle were I was interested in more than one game in it as far as Indie Royale goes.

#7721 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

Royale tends to have one good game out of the entire bunch, while Gala has a few good ones. Humble always seems to have a great set of games, in my opinion. I also generally like Groupees.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7722 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:37 AM

im trying to buy the gta4 pack but im not sure if i have gta 4 complete edition or vanilla. When i click on gta 4 complete edition it says i already own it and when i click gta 4 vanilla it says i own it too. Can someone tell me a way to figure out what copy i have? I tried looking in properties but couldnt find anything

There's no hidden dlc it's the base game and liberty city stories. If you have both there's nothing more of IV to get.

#7723 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hmm, I just realized that Steam hasn't run any "indie bundles" like they did in the summer sale. I guess that didn't work out for them. (Or the discounts were "too steep" for this Winter Sale.)

Well, they did slap all indie games they could think of into the Indie Super Mega Pack and called it a day apparently... to be honest, it IS a nice selection of games and quite the bargain indeed if you have been living under a rock and activated a new Steam account just yesterday...

Its price could even be justified if they gave you all games as single keys or let you keep the ones you already have as giftable items, but that has never been the case with all the other Steam bundles and this one unfortunately seems no different. It could be interesting to know if and how many copies they sold...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#7724 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Indie Royale just annoys me, really. They get by by putting one interesting game in their bundles and slapping a $4+ price tag on them. They get so much praise and I have no idea why.

I always think Indie Gala sucks too, but then I realize I buy every single one of them and get like 8 games for $1.50 every time...

Selling Groupees Sometimes Tuesday Bundles for $1.10 PayPal or one TF2 key. PM me!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#7725 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

So can San Andreas be played with a 360 controller flawlessly?

yeah, you have to select 'joystick' under controls, everything worked good, except i couldnt use the right analog stick to look around. it works better than the vice city option(i couldnt get the 360 controller to work on vice city). it works perfectly on gta 4 of course.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#7726 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

does anyone know how the community of left 4 dead 2 is?

If there was ever a a group of people who needed to be told "Man, relax, it's just a game", it's the L4D community. Shooting zombies is FULL TIME SRS BUIZNESS

#7727 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

I've had good luck with L4D randoms but I think versus mode is terrible so I stay away from it.

That said, I rank Payday higher than L4D and both by miles higher than KF so most of my time has been with Payday. The only trouble you get in Payday is morons who drag the team down and even then their impact is limited.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#7728 nastyislegend

nastyislegend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

To anyone looking to bite on King's Bounty, GGG has King's Bounty Platinum for $5.49 (Legend, Armored Princess, Crossworlds).

I voted Farming Simulator because I could. :lol:

Anyone know if this bundle is Steam activated?

Shark: He's rectangley. That's how you'll know him. By his rectangularness.

Posted Image

#7729 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Well, they did slap all indie games they could think of into the Indie Super Mega Pack and called it a day apparently... to be honest, it IS a nice selection of games and quite the bargain indeed if you have been living under a rock and activated a new Steam account just yesterday...

Its price could even be justified if they gave you all games as single keys or let you keep the ones you already have as giftable items, but that has never been the case with all the other Steam bundles and this one unfortunately seems no different. It could be interesting to know if and how many copies they sold...

I disagree. I just can't see anyone shelling out $70 on indie games in one go. It's like going to McDonalds and buying 70 burgers off the dollar menu, for yourself.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#7730 yayamo

yayamo

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

does anyone know how the community of left 4 dead 2 is?

God help you if you are not 100% perfect in your first game of Versus.

#7731 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

There's no hidden dlc it's the base game and liberty city stories. If you have both there's nothing more of IV to get.

thanks, so i guess i didnt have liberty city stories, that pack is amazing gta 3 gives me good memories

#7732 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

im trying to buy the gta4 pack but im not sure if i have gta 4 complete edition or vanilla.

Have a look in your steam games library, if you have complete you'll have two separate entries, one for "Grand Theft Auto IV" and another for "Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City".

#7733 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I would have bought the Indie Bundle on Steam if we got giftable copies of the ones I already owned.

#7734 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Anyone know if this bundle is Steam activated?

I'm not quite sure; it says "DRM: Keycode Activation" but I'm used to seeing explicit steam labeling (or drm-free).

Edit: Well, it's not on Desura or Origin, so I'm not sure where it could activate other than steam.

#7735 BrownDerby

BrownDerby

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

How is the DRM on GTA4, is there some limit on number of activations or machines?

#7736 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

With this talk about King's Bounty, if you bought the $20 1C pack from Gamersgate that time ago, you also own the whole franchise. I don't believe it is steamable though.

#7737 nategator

nategator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

How is the DRM on GTA4, is there some limit on number of activations or machines?

This will probably be helpful:

http://steamdrm.flib...he_Big_DRM_List

Steam Keys for sale:

SotS Complete Collection (does not inc. SotS II) $4 Paypal

#7738 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

I disagree. I just can't see anyone shelling out $70 on indie games in one go. It's like going to McDonalds and buying 70 burgers off the dollar menu, for yourself.

Posted Image

#7739 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

It does NOT have install limits, it DOES use securom(an unpopular form of drm)

http://www.shacknews...theft-auto-4-pc
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#7740 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

I'm with you on that. I mean that it IS a favorable bundle from a pure value-for-money standpoint, since they're all quality games held in high consideration by public and critics, and they're offered at a price that is less than half of their already discounted price.

But, as you said, there's almost no chance of someone willing to pay the bundle's price without at least the option to sell back gift away or split with someone else part of its games...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.