Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7891 Meowser

Meowser

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Maybe Steam's at the point where they don't need a clever or fun hook. They are huge, bigger than ever.

Previously their focus was on sales and competitive pricing. While they haven't ignored those, now they are putting more effort into Big Picture, the Steam Box thing, Linux, etc.

Not making excuses for the sale not being as exciting, but just trying to look at it from other perspectives. I guess I feel that Steam doesn't have as much incentive to come up with amazing sales or holiday achievements anymore.

Sales? Exciting?

Maybe for some... Most of us just go, "Gee... A bargain. Guess I will purchase that."

In games, many if not most of us say, "Good deal. I will buy it... and I have so many games to play sometime around the year 2018 I will get to these".

As for deals.

I bought Witcher and Witchy 2 for $10. Thats a pretty fine bargain (I plan on playing them in 2017).

I bought the Galactic Civilizations 2 Ultimate Edition for scant bucks. While I probably wont get around to playing it before Warp drive becomes standard in every Toyota Prius :) on Amazon a new copy of this game in its box will run me near $100+. Why? Because the cardboard and manual are considered a valuable part of the Abu Dubai Stock Exchange (apparently).

I bought Portal and Portal 2 for like $9 clams. Someday I might get around to playing them. But, I figured I would hedge my bets. That is to say if a huge leap happens in robotics should they determine that my underwear is offensive to them the fact I own these games might save me from Robo-castration. <--- Could happen to you!

I bought the "X" universe bundle, was like $10 bucks. I have no idea why but I am sure I can come up with something creative. aka: In case the Warp Drive Prius does not mature properly perhaps a liquid fueled Hyundai with a 400,000 horsepower rocket engine might pop along. Sure, cant get as far or as fast as a Warp Drive Prius but who the hell knows what the cost of Dilythiam Crystals might be in comparison to Rocket Fuel (or a gallon of gas) might be in 2017 or 2018? Heck... by then I might need a sail on top of a 1979 Pacer to get around.

I almost bought the SimBin bundle and Nexus (Coolio game, only $3 Clams!)
but for some reason I keep thinking sitting in front of my 26" PC monitor with foot pedals, steering wheel and shifter somehow in the scheme of the universe makes me an inconsistent object.

That is to say as if something greater than all of us is looking over my shoulder saying, "Perhaps something should happen so he can get the therapy he needs".

Speaking of bigger and better than ever, I use Extenze, it keeps me in the game

#7892 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Trine franchise is 75% off, but the DLC is still 50% off, pretty funny stuff lol.

#7893 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Trine franchise is 75% off, but the DLC is still 50% off, pretty funny stuff lol.

Cry more!

EDIT: ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#7894 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't DMC4 already at 66% off before the flash sale?

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#7895 Mattitudev96

Mattitudev96

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Having the full version of 3Dmark 11 will be pretty useful, especially on steam. Picked it up.

#7896 DPsycho

DPsycho

Descendant of Erdrick

• CAGiversary!

Bought Resonance. Caught up with the thread. Feeling... accomplished?

#7897 la157917

la157917

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

DMC 4 has always been 66 percent off since this sale started. lol!

Was expecting a flash deal of at least 75 percent off.

#7898 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't DMC4 already at 66% off before the flash sale?

Not sure if it was on Steam, but it's been 66% off on GMG for a few days (and it costs even less if you apply the voucher code).

#7899 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Nothing for me in the new flash deals surprise surprise!

#7900 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

The DMC3&4 pack is on a flash deal, it's $10. What fucking BS.

#7901 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Is it just me, or does the DMC4/3DMark/Trine flash deals say it ends in 6 days?

elessar123.png

#7902 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Same elessar

#7903 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Is it just me, or does the DMC4/3DMark/Trine flash deals say it ends in 6 days?

Same, looks to be a countdown to the end of the sale? Maybe when they sort that down they will be more heavily dicounted? Who knows...

#7904 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Having the full version of 3Dmark 11 will be pretty useful, especially on steam. Picked it up.

I was wondering about this, as I plan on upgrading my computer innards in 2013. (Better processor, maybe a better graphics card, etc.)

Allow me to demonstrate my incompetence: Buying the 3D Mark Vantage is just about useless nowadays, right? Its for testing graphics cards that top out at DirectX 10, and all the newer cards are built around DirectX 11 (?) - making 3Dmark 11 the only one I should get if I want a thorough test?

(currently running a XFX AMD Radeon 7850 graphics card with a i7 2600 processor.)

So if I get the 3Dmark 11 at $4.99, that should set me up nicely for testing next year, right?

Thanks.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#7905 iSerra

iSerra

With the new day comes new thoughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

DMC3 and DMC4 has been 66% all the while this winter sale, i won't even consider that as a flash sale.

#7906 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

DMC3 and DMC4 has been 66% all the while this winter sale, i won't even consider that as a flash sale.

Took me a minute to figure out, but the flash sale is on the DMC3+4 bundle. Original price was $15 (yes, more than buying 3+4 separate) and they dropped it down to the 66% that it should've been all sale.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#7907 ShadowAssailantX

ShadowAssailantX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Any thoughts on Hitman: Codename 47 for $2.50? I'm planning on getting the Hitman HD collection down the line but it doesn't include the first game.

I've heard that Contracts covers some of the levels/ story from the first one. Is there any reason to play Codename 47 first, or should i just skip it and play from 2 onward?

#7908 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Took me a minute to figure out, but the flash sale is on the DMC3+4 bundle. Original price was $15 (yes, more than buying 3+4 separate) and they dropped it down to the 66% that it should've been all sale.

Lame... I already have DMC4 since many sales ago.

Called it. :roll:

#7909 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I work odd shifts and I catch myself waking up and spending the first hour or two catching up on this thread; the sales are underwhelming but the cat fights and jokes are worth it.

I picked up Resonance before bothering to see the comments suggesting future indie bundle status, which glancing over the list of their other games confirms it for me.

The timing on all the flash sales have been appearing jacked to me since the sale started. My phone's steam app, laptop's browser, and steam application will all show different ending times and even prices occasionally. Trine showed up as 75% in my browser and then dropped to 50% in the actual steam application.

Has that Vampire Masquerade game been on sale yet?
Posted Image

#7910 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

3DMark Vantage...well, this may be the only thing I'll pick up this Steam sale...

#7911 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Remember this guy who's selling his Bethesda Pack keys for laughable amounts? Someone posted a link a few days ago about it. Seems like he has a bunch of support for his pricing scheme over in the Steam trading thread.

To paraphrase, "They're his keys and he can do what he wants with 'em! Skyrim for $24 from the Bethesda Pack is actually a good deal! I wouldn't buy them, but this outstanding gentleman might be able to take advantage of someone eventually! This is perfectly respectable, and we must chastise you for disagreeing!" :lol:

It's a little ridiculous to defend someone for such price gouging, as if he needs anyone's aid to justify selling one game for almost the price he paid for 10. I'm glad most of those heartless key peddlers stay out of this thread. We've got great people like Fox, who sells at cost. I won't allow them to be a part of this family.

Yeah I posted earlier. I'm all for gettin' ya hustle on, but that dude is somethin' else lol.

Eh... Even though that feature is implemented automatically now, some games still don't let you change the install directory. I suggest you look into symbolic linking if you want to move those games to different drive.

I think the problem is with my hard drive being too big, have had that problem 4 times already. If I can't change the install location idk what to do.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#7912 Rerujnoc

Rerujnoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Well that sucks. I have been waiting for the trine 2 dlc to go on sale for 75% off.

#7913 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Well that sucks. I have been waiting for the trine 2 dlc to go on sale for 75% off.

I was hoping for it too, bit did expect it to be only 50% off - they've done the same for the past few times that Trine 2 has been on sale. :-(

#7914 TheArmoredVirus

TheArmoredVirus

Totally Kuhwhyee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Has that Vampire Masquerade game been on sale yet?

ive checked every flash sale and it hasnt yet. game is fun, albeit buggy (youll definitely need the unofficial patches to play through it) and you can expect about 30 hours for a playthrough. 15 bucks is pretty steep though, id honestly wait til it becomes a midweek or something if it doesnt go deeper by the end of this sale

white_trash_headache.png

3e5bhcz.png

#7915 shrinerr

shrinerr

Now whatcha gon' do wit it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Is it funny or sad that Hearthfire is #18 on top sellers for $2.47?

Btw, I bought Hearthfire for $2.47 :)

#7916 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

OK, We've still got about 6 days left of new Daily Deals. What are the games that we usually expect to go on sale during a Steam sale which haven't appeared as a daily deal yet? So far I've got:

Fallout series
Dragon Age Orgies (appeared as a flash, but not a daily)
Maybe a few Paradox games. Hearts of Iron 3 or Crusader Kings, maybe.
Command & Conquer series

You can check this thread if you can't recall everything that has been a daily deal so far.
http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3032231

Ok... I want that game!... wait... maybe not...

Edited by juanjava, 30 December 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#7917 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Civ V Gods and Kings is super cheap at GMG.

http://www.greenmang...n-v-gods-kings/

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 gets you $$$ off.

Yup.

TyranitarJr.png

#7918 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Civ V Gods and Kings is super cheap at GMG.

http://www.greenmang...n-v-gods-kings/

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 gets you $$$ off.

Yup.

Yup, I went in on that deal.

Ordered, activated, and downloaded Civ 5: G&K.
Civ 5: G&K (expansion) = $0.00

Used part of that $6 credit from buying Sleeping Dogs recently.
Still got some credit left-over ($2.85).

:- x

#7919 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Just bought SimCity 4... Can't remember being funnier than SC2000... but I wan't to give it a chance again... after all, is a SC game! And I think It already has it's daily...

#7920 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

*grumble* Damn, I had hoped that it had been long enough since the Trine 2 DLC had been released that we'd see it at 75% off. I guess I'll wait until summer - not even done with Trine 1 yet.