Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#7981 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Is it worth the 8 bucks to buy Orcs Must Die Franchise pack? Or would I be just fine buying the Orcs Must Die 2 complete for 6.

Also complete noob question but when it says 2 pack next to a game it means you get 2 codes correct? I'm thinking if it really isnt necessary to buy the franchise pack then I'd just pick up the 2 pack of the second one and gift one to my sister
Thanks

#7982 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Any thoughts on Far Cry 1 + 2? I haven't played either of them, but they're really cheap and they got good reviews. Do they still hold up after all this time? Worth getting both/one/neither?

I liked them, but it's been a long time since I played them.

I love that you can buy the Franchise Pack for $49.99 or individually for $2.50+2.50+37.99 = $43. Huh, $7 surcharge for buying the package? That's..... odd
Posted Image

#7983 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Far Cry 1 is like Crysis. It's good when you're fighting humans, then it gets dumb when it introduces the sci-fi stuff. The AI can get a bit annoying sometimes too. Dumb as a rock at times, snipers with pistols at a hundred yards others.

FC2 is a mixed bag. Lot of good ideas though. Easily worth 2.50 though. I liked it quite a bit but a lot of people loathed it.

#7984 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Is it worth the 8 bucks to buy Orcs Must Die Franchise pack? Or would I be just fine buying the Orcs Must Die 2 complete for 6.

Also complete noob question but when it says 2 pack next to a game it means you get 2 codes correct? I'm thinking if it really isnt necessary to buy the franchise pack then I'd just pick up the 2 pack of the second one and gift one to my sister
Thanks

I'd say it's worth it but OMD1 isn't necessary really. I still like having both for the levels.

& it means one will go to your game library and the other goes to inventory. That would work to if you wanted to do that. Co-op is supposed to be a highlight of it.

Still can't get Saints Row The Third to work. smfh

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#7985 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

I bought a 2 pack of orcs must die 2, and one of them goes to my inventory. Then I bought another complete pack, and i still only have one gift copy in my inventory. What a scam.

#7986 Chalk

Chalk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

Far Cry is definitely tempting. I sure do have enough games to play to last me till the next winter though... that's been a huge justification to not buy too many games on this sale. Not to mention next semester will probably keep me busy. ;)

#7987 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I bought a 2 pack of orcs must die 2, and one of them goes to my inventory. Then I bought another complete pack, and i still only have one gift copy in my inventory. What a scam.

You never ever get an extra copy of a game you already own on Steam unless it explicitly says so.

#7988 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Did you buy another copy, or did you buy another GIFT copy?

#7989 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Oehhh Far Cry 3 is tempting me... but I will wait untill I've finished at least 75% of my backlog. Or at least untill I have built myself a new PC that can actually run this baby in it's full glory. My phenom II 955 and dual HD5850 will not be able to, unfortunately.

#7990 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

That is the one thing I really hate about Steam. The whole bits of packages you already own disappear into the ether making any bundle that has at least one item you already own pointless to purchase. It's also what I love about other retailers these days, because not only are they beating Steam's prices but if you get a bundle with them, you can do whatever you want with your extra keys.

#7991 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Muwhahaha

So I was poking around on files from an old drive, looking for Far Cry (it been free back in 2007?). I also stumble across a Far Cry 2 that I have no recollection of. I also find the other games that had been free for a short bit in 2007: Ghost Recon (yay, was considering buying a few days ago)k, Prince of Persia: Sands of time (picked up the whole PoP pack for $12.50 in spring), Rayman's Raving Rabbits, and CC Gold (still have on CD).

Don't even get me starting on crack open ye olde CD binder.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7992 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Amazon is price matching the DD. Plus they have a 10 dollar discount for Prime members. Do anyone know if it works with Steam or is it still Uplay?
Posted Image

#7993 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Amazon is price matching the DD. Plus they have a 10 dollar discount for Prime members. Do anyone know if it works with Steam or is it still Uplay?

Amazon DD is Uplay.

I just don't know if it downloads through amazon or Uplay client. Initially and redownload...

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#7994 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

When did they start doing a Prime discount? I'd check but that thread us a whining complaining lookatme lookatme Tony OMG you didn't answer my question from 20 minutes ago mess and I'm browsing on a phone.

#7995 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Uplay games from not from the Ubi store need to be downloaded from (Amazon/Gamefly/GG) the first time. There was a recent report that after installing that are registered to your Uplay and can be re-installed from Uplay.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7996 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Well nothing for me today. I mean there is literally nothing for me to buy unless I get DLC packs because I own all the base games. Also I don't own Doom 3 BFG but Modded Regular Doom 3 is cheaper and better anyway.

In fact you can buy every Doom game for like half that of BFG edition.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7997 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I actually did not care for Far Cry 3. It looks amazing but took me a long time to get running smoothly on my machine. I thought the story was pretty ridiculous and just couldn't get into it. There is tons to do but all of it is very repetitive and almost too easy at times. I do like how you have options of being stealthy or just sitting back and sniping. Even though I say I didn't like it much I did finish the game at 100%. It took me about 30 hours total.

#7998 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I think it's only for Amazon Student members which is fucking stupid because I am not a student anymore, I graduated college and I have my wonderful prime subscription.

It's uPlay and not Steam. In fact Far Cry 3 from Steam would register with uPlay too but only the Steam version has Steam integration or what small integration there is.

Far Cry 3 imo is ok, but the real problem that turned me off is the side missions are so goddamn repetitive. Oh you capture a base to get a new fast travel point, here are the same 3 missions just in different locations over and over again. The main missions are good, but the side missions have not made me want to come back to it. I eventually will, but that's after I get over my current RPG addiction, lol.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#7999 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

Where are you seeing the 10 dollar discount?
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#8000 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

How is the payday DLC?

I think it adds a bunch, new skills, weapons, perks, devices. Its pretty fun
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#8001 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think it's only for Amazon Student members which is fucking stupid because I am not a student anymore, I graduated college and I have my wonderful prime subscription.

It's uPlay and not Steam. In fact Far Cry 3 from Steam would register with uPlay too but only the Steam version has Steam integration or what small integration there is.

o.O I have Amazon Student but I don't see the $10 discount. It's the same price as it is on Steam....

#8002 oman19

oman19

Master of the Universe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

AoE III....been a long time since I played a AoE game. Thinking about getting this one. Is it worth it at this price point? ($9.99)

#8003 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

You never ever get an extra copy of a game you already own on Steam unless it explicitly says so.

The first 2 pack i bought add one to my library, and one to my gift. I would expect to have a second copy if i buy another complete pack as gift?

Did you buy another copy, or did you buy another GIFT copy?

I bought another as gift.

That is the one thing I really hate about Steam. The whole bits of packages you already own disappear into the ether making any bundle that has at least one item you already own pointless to purchase. It's also what I love about other retailers these days, because not only are they beating Steam's prices but if you get a bundle with them, you can do whatever you want with your extra keys.

I did not even own the game before I bought the 2 pack.

EDIT: Never mind it shows up after I restart steam.

#8004 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Well nothing for me today. I mean there is literally nothing for me to buy unless I get DLC packs because I own all the base games. Also I don't own Doom 3 BFG but Modded Regular Doom 3 is cheaper and better anyway.

In fact you can buy every Doom game for like half that of BFG edition.

Doom BFG, and Doom+Expansion all show up as separate entries in your Steam Library. So, you can still mod the non-BFG version.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8005 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Where are you seeing the 10 dollar discount?

Under the FarCry 3 product description:

"Amazon Student Promo Details
Far Cry 3 on PS3, XBOX360, PC, and Digital Download is $10 off from 12/9-12/31 for all Amazon Student Members. Simply use the Promotion Code: FC3AMZNS at checkout. Promotion only valid on items sold and shipped by Amazon. Promotion code only valid once per customer."
Posted Image

#8006 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

EDIT: Never mind it shows up after I restart steam.

I was just about to say to restart Steam.

#8007 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I ended up getting it on Amazon DD for 27 bucks. Would've preferred to get it on Steam, but the 10 dollars off, plus a GC balance made it too good to pass up. I'll just have to deal with the Ama Downloader.
Posted Image

#8008 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Under the FarCry 3 product description:

"Amazon Student Promo Details
Far Cry 3 on PS3, XBOX360, PC, and Digital Download is $10 off from 12/9-12/31 for all Amazon Student Members. Simply use the Promotion Code: FC3AMZNS at checkout. Promotion only valid on items sold and shipped by Amazon. Promotion code only valid once per customer."

holy shit thats good.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#8009 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Is it bad that I'm really tempted to get the Strategy First Collection?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8010 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

finally Far Cry 3 has gone on sale, 25% off is a little low was hoping for at least 33% but I really want this game so I think I'll buy it

AnQAzfm.png