Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8041 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Quote to reveal Isaac & Wrath of the Lamb

Brought to you by community member pantsattack and his attack pants.

#8042 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

so do you need an origin account to play mass effect 2? or just for dlc?

Mass Effect 2 came out before Origin; you don't need Origin but you can register the key if you want. And to my knowledge, all ME DLC is only available through the fucking Bioware store. I took a quick look at Origin just in case but it seems that that's still the case.
Posted Image

#8043 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Quote to reveal Cave Story+

-pantsattack, pantsing the night away

#8044 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

When is the next big sale? I am tempted by Skyrim, but having difficulty with it having been out a year already.

Just wait for the next sale - with the modding progress slowing down (and with one of the major mods now unavailable) you should just wait for the next sale.

#8045 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Mass Effect 2 came out before Origin; you don't need Origin but you can register the key if you want. And to my knowledge, all ME DLC is only available through the fucking Bioware store. I took a quick look at Origin just in case but it seems that that's still the case.

ok thank you
it says something about an ea online account needed but im guessing thats the bioware account and its for cerberus network whatever like the console version

#8046 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

lol at far cry 3 franchise pack being number 8 on steam bestsellers
people suck at math (or just reading the part on the product page where it adds it for you to tell you it is a bad deal)

#8047 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Just wait for the next sale - with the modding progress slowing down (and with one of the major mods now unavailable) you should just wait for the next sale.

What mod went missing?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8048 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks, I think I'll do that. Have been in the mood for a good high fantasy game lately...maybe Ill pick up DA:O Ultimate when that pops back up...beat it on console years ago

#8049 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

No, it's not bad at all. If it weren't for the fact that I'd end up with Bad Rats & World Basketball Manager 2010, I probably would have bought it already.

69 games for $30. Of course, most of them are kind of mediocre. But there are enough gems in there to make it worthwhile.

EDIT: On second thought, I'm not sure I'd want all those games that I'd never play cluttering up my library.

Well there's someone selling the pack in the trading forum for only $20, so I figured I might jump on that. There are some duplicates in there, but I think most of them will be new to me. Out of the entire 69 game lot, I own about 10 of the games and the rest I'm worried will show up in a bundle. But like you said, there are some gems in there. There's a lot of garbage, but the $20 price tag is what's grabbing my attention.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8050 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Voted for Quake

#8051 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks, I think I'll do that. Have been in the mood for a good high fantasy game lately...maybe Ill pick up DA:O Ultimate when that pops back up...beat it on console years ago

Torchlight II is good but if you don't want the top down perspective I hear Divinity II is also a good choice.

I still need to play both of them :lol:. Yep in the backlog.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8052 MKScorpion

MKScorpion

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I think it'll never reach it's lowest price of $0.10 again. CAG SD There are three price trackers in my sig.

Yeah, I downloaded GFWL on my new pc to play Dead Rising 2 a few days ago. Out of curiosity I checked my downloaded games and remembered that I got AoE III and Deus Ex GOTY for pretty cheap prices. I also have Viva Pinata for some reason.
Posted Image

#8053 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Torchlight II is good but if you don't want the top down perspective I hear Divinity II is also a good choice.

I still need to play both of them :lol:. Yep in the backlog.

Divinity looks interesting...will grab that if it goes on sale any further. Thanks!

#8054 Meowser

Meowser

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

They also have the THQ collection for $25. Thats a really good deal, ton of good games including Darksiders 1 and 2.

#8055 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Divinity II - DKS is awesome! A real sleeper title!

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#8056 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

For anyone considering DMC3... (For the record, the PC port of DMC4 has always been great.) DMC3+4 bundle $10 on flash sale

I have it both on PS2 and PC. Regarding the PC port...

It seems to run fine on Win7-64bit. The PC port's performance was pretty bad back in the day. I just ran through the first mission and Fraps reported constant 60 FPS on my four year old Phenom II X3 720 BE (@ 3.2 GHz) and GTX 260. Without modding, it is 3:4 with resolutions up to 1600x1200. It looks a bit sharper than the PS2 version (simply due to rendering at higher rez). Graphics and textures look the same as on PS2.

I stronly recommend that you have a DirectInput compatible controller (e.g. RumblePad 2, F310/F510/F710), for this and any other games on PC that predated the Xbox 360. If you do, it will work flawlessly.

You can use an Xinput (360 controller, F310/F510/F710) controller but by default the sticks will be swapped. Simply adding a few lines to the INI fixed that. However LT and RT do not seem to work (not surprising, in Xinput LT & RT are mapped to the positive and negative halves of a single axis -- not separate buttons like in DirectInput. This seems to render LT & RT unusable. I do recall some software for backward compatability for 360 controllers, but I've never tried it. Reportedly you can just map two of your buttons to keyboard keys as a workaround.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8057 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

quote to reveal grimrock? yes? :)
I'll bite on Jagged Alliance Crossfire even if its awful. Probably pick up AssCreed 1 and/or 2 if it comes back. Shoulda got it.
I'm probably gonna wait for Far Cry 3 to go a bit cheaper. I can't buy it with a 10-15$ Steam surcharge, knowing well that Uplay copies go frequently for 20$ less. What a bummer. This game SHOULD have cost 10$ since it was an ATI pack in, but due to the existence of UPlay it wasn't.
Probably gonna get Anno 2070 base, even if it is totally and completely wrong on so many different levels. UHG. NO. STOP.
Anybody recommend a different better purchase. I really don't want to support Ubisoft practices. Oh no I just remembered its an online single player game.

Edited by sleeping_lights_on, 30 December 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#8058 argyle

argyle

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I was disappointed last year when I grabbed Divinity II & then realized it had no controller support. Yeah, yeah, some ppl would only play PC games w/ a mouse & keyboard, but the controller is how I prefer to play with rare exception. And since the game was ported to the 360, there's no reason that control option should be absent from the PC version.
Posted Image

#8059 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I used a gta san andreas specific controller app to get fully customized controlls. I have a link around somewhere and will post it later.

I was going to post about this, it's called SAAC and I think it requires you to find a version 1.0 exe of the game and pop it into your game folder along with the app. Sorry if that was already mentioned, I don't have time to read the last 6 pages of the thread right now.

#8060 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

What mod went missing?

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

It changed so many textures, and with it gone (Modding drama, think of it like Steam drama but 100x worse) the game has suddenly become a lot more bland. Doesn't help that the community is burned out (That mesh bug really turned off modders to Skyrim). The next DLC better be another Morrowind to bring back the modders...

#8061 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

It's mostly multiplayer stuff. There's an additional single-player mission as well but if you're not planning on playing MP, I'd have a hard time saying one extra mission is worth another 20%.

I was wondering too. Thanks.

I was going to use Amazon but went with this for $27. 83 with the code in cart and has a dlc.

http://www.direct2pl...egion-free.html

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#8062 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

It changed so many textures, and with it gone (Modding drama, think of it like Steam drama but 100x worse) the game has suddenly become a lot more bland. Doesn't help that the community is burned out (That mesh bug really turned off modders to Skyrim). The next DLC better be another Morrowind to bring back the modders...

Nexus seems to kick a lot of the mods and modders off their site [I know that the author THIRTEENORANGES was kicked off for having a 2nd account]. Good thing some of them are moving over to Workshop.

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#8063 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

What mod went missing?

Ahem,

HTTP download of both the 1k and 2K version w/ Dawnguard textures (1.6 Update)
Torrent with 2k textures (same as above but highly compressed and spit into parts)

1.6 was the last version produced. Enjoy. Oh, and here are some pics:
http://wiki.step-pro...listic_Overhaul

I suggest if you have any interest in SkyRim at all, you grab this mob before it does become extinct.

Edited by walkonshadows, 30 December 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8064 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

I was wondering too. Thanks.

I was going to use Amazon but went with this for $27. 83 with the code in cart and has a dlc.

http://www.direct2pl...egion-free.html

Shady, selling scanned keys. For CAGs that prefer dealing with legitimate sellers, I'd suggest avoiding these guys.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8065 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

If the 'cycles' are predictable Serious Sam will end up as a daily sale overlapping into January. If it ends up on the EC you're looking at $1 for Serious Sam 3. I totally overpaid by $3.50!

#8066 mjontrix

mjontrix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

Ahem,

https://www.zer0soci...hp/sro-download
http://thepiratebay...._Dawnguard_text

1.6 was the last version produced. Enjoy.

Just wait for the next Bethesda mod breaking patch - then we're stuffed xD Hence why I told Dalrint (I think) to wait for the next sale to buy Skyrim - by then everything should hopefully be sorted out.

#8067 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Why was the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul mod taken down from nexus? Was the author being naughty? Did it contain copyrighted content?

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

#8068 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I have a dillema, I wanted a resource/management game....so I purchased the 2k collection from Amazon today ($20 for Civ IV GOTY, CIV V, and Civ 5 Kings & Gods). I never played any Civilization game since part 2 (long time ago, at least 15 years). I always had fond memories of Age of Empires II when in middle school, I really loved that game.

I start up Civ V, and immediatly feel overwelmed. Im not sure why though, maybe how modern games (COD, Halo, Final Fantasy XIII) everything is fast paced, based on reflexes rather then thinking). I played Civ V for around 3 hours straight, and felt like I got nowhere at all, no sense of accomplishment. I had 3 military units total after 1 hour, and after 2 hours I only had 2 buildings researched. After the 3rd hour I gave up, all the CPU civalizations had 3-4 citys each and I only had two, but CPU refused to make a move on my territory.

I see that Age of Empires III Complete Collection is on sale at steam for $10. I never played AoE III, I swore I thought MS made Age of Empires III Free to play online, or am I mistaken?

Can you guys answer these questions, regarding Civ 5 and Age of Empires III.

1. Age of Empires III easier to understand? less complex at least?

2. AoE III quicker then Civ V? (momentum and advancing wise)

3. I tend to ignore foriegn policy in Civ V, but of course get detroyed because of that,, is AoE III more forgiving in that aspect?

Also I see Mount & Blade Collection is on sale also, I enjoy War of Roses and Medeval Chivalry, are they similar to that? Should I purchase the whole Collection or just pick the best one?
Posted Image

#8069 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Just wait for the next Bethesda mod breaking patch - then we're stuffed xD Hence why I told Dalrint (I think) to wait for the next sale to buy Skyrim - by then everything should hopefully be sorted out.

That's a heavy assumption to think a texture patch will be broken by a future update. You're recommending him to wait, I'm recommending he download the mod just in case, whether he waits or not. That way he has it either way. Buy or don't buy, makes no difference to me. You told him a mod was unavailable, I was educating him otherwise.

Just wait for the next sale - with the modding progress slowing down (and with one of the major mods now unavailable)
you should just wait for the next sale.

=================================================================================================

Why was the Skyrim Realistic Overhaul mod taken down from nexus? Was the author being naughty? Did it contain copyrighted content?

The author wanted to start only giving it only to donaters. Against nexus and Betheda's TOS.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8070 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

That's a heavy assumption to think a texture patch will be broken by a future update. You're recommending him to wait, I'm recommending he download the mod just in case, whether he waits or not. That way he has it either way.

Downloading now. Thanks :lol:
spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this