Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8071 Bill Mcdougal

Bill Mcdougal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Shady, selling scanned keys. For CAGs that prefer dealing with legitimate sellers, I'd suggest avoiding these guys.

Oh damn :(

Slickdeals dudes said they were legit

PrizeRebel: Get FREE Microsoft Points or games games for filling out forms! (use an email addy made for spam)
I've earned over $375 in free stuff so far!
SwagBucks: EASIEST one - Free stuff for using their search engine!
I've ordered over $550 in Amazon.com credit so far!

mcdougalsig.jpg

#8072 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

divinity ii - dks is awesome! A real sleeper title!

this!

#8073 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Oh boy Closure for $2.50 -- what a steal!

#8074 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

For anyone considering DMC3... (For the record, the PC port of DMC4 has always been great.) DMC3+4 bundle $10 on flash sale

I have it both on PS2 and PC. Regarding the PC port...

It seems to run fine on Win7-64bit. The PC port's performance was pretty bad back in the day. I just ran through the first mission and Fraps reported constant 60 FPS on my four year old Phenom II X3 720 BE (@ 3.2 GHz) and GTX 260. Without modding, it is 3:4 with resolutions up to 1600x1200. It looks a bit sharper than the PS2 version (simply due to rendering at higher rez). Graphics and textures look the same as on PS2.

I stronly recommend that you have a DirectInput compatible controller (e.g. RumblePad 2, F310/F510/F710), for this and any other games on PC that predated the Xbox 360. If you do, it will work flawlessly.

You can use an Xinput (360 controller, F310/F510/F710) controller but by default the sticks will be swapped. Simply adding a few lines to the INI fixed that. However LT and RT do not seem to work (not surprising, in Xinput LT & RT are mapped to the positive and negative halves of a single axis -- not separate buttons like in DirectInput. This seems to render LT & RT unusable. I do recall some software for backward compatability for 360 controllers, but I've never tried it. Reportedly you can just map two of your buttons to keyboard keys as a workaround.

Gah! Nice deal, but I won't play them any time soon, so I'd better save my money. So tempting, though

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#8075 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Gah! Nice deal, but I won't play them any time soon, so I'd better save my money. So tempting, though

For anyone considering DMC3... (For the record, the PC port of DMC4 has always been great.) DMC3+4 bundle $10 on flash sale.......

Yes, Waiting for 75% off. But ashes, succinct as always and appreciated.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8076 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

strategy games
strategy games everywhere

#8077 Garbanzo

Garbanzo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

Is it bad that I'm really tempted to get the Strategy First Collection?

I was considering the Flatout pack for $12, when I saw JackNome had the Strategy First pack for $20. $8 more but I now own Bad Rats as well (and a lot of other crap) :roll:

#8078 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Skyrim Realistic Overhaul

It changed so many textures, and with it gone (Modding drama, think of it like Steam drama but 100x worse) the game has suddenly become a lot more bland. Doesn't help that the community is burned out (That mesh bug really turned off modders to Skyrim). The next DLC better be another Morrowind to bring back the modders...

Well it does have Solthsheim (please don't ask me to spell it correctly, it's a pain in the ass just even typing a reply on mobile)

And yes LOTS of drama in the ES modding community. Always has been even way back since the Morowind days.

Re: ME2 needing Origin

They merged the Bioware and Origin accounts a while back so now you technically need your Origin login (but not the client) to run the ME 1/2 and Dragon Age dlcs.

#8079 strdr4

strdr4

See You Space Cowboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Mark of the Ninja is not going any lower than 50% is it... :(

QUENCH your m i n d
Posted Image

#8080 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Fucking Capcom. DMC4 has been 66% off all sale, and is back up to $20 now that the flash sale is over. Good way to make me not even consider buying it.

Not on Steam in this sale.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8081 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Whats the better deal?

Mount & Blade Collection $10
-Mount & Blade
-Mount & Blade Warband
-Mount & Blade Warband Napolian DLC
-Mount & Blade Fire & Steel

or is their one in particular that is really good while others are subpar? The things I been reading is M&B Warband is the best easily, it cost $4.99.
Posted Image

#8082 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Fucking Capcom. DMC4 has been 66% off all sale, and is back up to $20 now that the flash sale is over. Good way to make me not even consider buying it.

It should still be on sale at GMG plus you can use the 30% coupon too.

#8083 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Good game though. I bought it at the same price earlier and have enjoyed it. It's got some good legs for the price.
Posted Image

#8084 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Whats the better deal?

-Mount & Blade
-Mount & Blade Warband

or is their one in particular that is really good while others are subpar? The things I been reading is M&B Warband is the best easily, it cost $4.99.

Warband - is Mount & Blade, but improved and with multiplayer although I think there may be mods that are only available for the original M&B.
Napoleonic Wars - a multiplayer only expansion for Warband. So if you don't play multiplayer or don't buy Warband don't get it.
Fire & Steel - I haven't heard much about it. The only thing I have heard is that it is not as fun as Warband, but I have honestly no idea.

Although I see the pack for $8.74 so I would say the pack is better.

#8085 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Are they really just running the Men of War games at 50% off? They have always been 75%. WTF

#8086 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

OFFERS END IN5 DAYS 19:34:35
These are the last flash deals?
anyone else notice the new flash deals end in 5 days???

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#8087 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Whats the better deal?

-Mount & Blade
-Mount & Blade Warband

Just get Warband for $5. Vanilla is the same thing just with less content (albeit more mods) and no multiplayer. Fire & Sword wasn't even made by the M&B team, it's basically a pay/outsourced mod and is pretty mediocre. Napoleonic DLC is multiplayer only and if you already have War of the Roses and Chivalry chances are you don't need a third option in that department.

#8088 DarenDF

DarenDF

Don't Do this

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hmm could get Far Cry 3 $10 cheaper on amazon apparently. Cause I needed to be more tempted by this. XD

#8089 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

well damn nvm I ran across a little gem "Hotline Miami" for $7.49 on steam on sale? anywhere cheaper? The reviews are fantastic (Critics and users), but Im sure you guys already know about this game.
Posted Image

#8090 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Not sure if you're being serious, but Hotline Miami was on sale for $5, a lot of times.

fs_overall.png

#8091 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Just get Warband for $5. Vanilla is the same thing just with less content (albeit more mods) and no multiplayer. Fire & Sword wasn't even made by the M&B team, it's basically a pay/outsourced mod and is pretty mediocre. Napoleonic DLC is multiplayer only and if you already have War of the Roses and Chivalry chances are you don't need a third option in that department.

Funny thing is though I heard WarBand is better then both of those, I rather have a campaign, not a fan of that multiplayer.
Posted Image

#8092 wuxbustah8

wuxbustah8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

OFFERS END IN5 DAYS 19:34:35
These are the last flash deals?
anyone else notice the new flash deals end in 5 days???

Your page is glitching.

fs_overall.png

#8093 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Not sure if you're being serious, but Hotline Miami was on sale for $5, a lot of times.

At this point I think they should lower the base price to $5. It's been on sale literally every time I checked..

It's also currently $4.99 on Amazon and activates on Steam.

#8094 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

It should still be on sale at GMG plus you can use the 30% coupon too.

Yeah I ended up just getting it at GMG for $4.76 after using the 30% code.

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#8095 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I was disappointed last year when I grabbed Divinity II & then realized it had no controller support. Yeah, yeah, some ppl would only play PC games w/ a mouse & keyboard, but the controller is how I prefer to play with rare exception. And since the game was ported to the 360, there's no reason that control option should be absent from the PC version.

The menu/inventory system is a pain with a controller, but programs that let you map keybinds to a controller work rather well with Divinity II for the actual gameplay. You aim the reticule in the center towards things to interact/loot, etc, so I just bound the mouse to the right analog stick.

It is a fun game - the first chapter alone is worth the price of admission. So many puzzles, hidden things, and places to explore in the broken valley.. I've replayed it several times and found new things every time. I've put almost 100 hours into the game and have yet to see probably half of the actual game.

On the downside, combat feels a bit wonky and has no weight to it, and the difficulty is never quite balanced. The game feels almost unfair when you start out, and gradually shifts to overly easy if you are one of those types that fully explore and do all the side quests.

Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing. I still to this day have one of the broken valley tracks stuck in my head, and that sort of thing rarely happens to me.
Posted Image

#8096 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

for anyone considering dmc3... (for the record, the pc port of dmc4 has always been great.) dmc3+4 bundle $10 on flash sale

i have it both on ps2 and pc. Regarding the pc port...

It seems to run fine on win7-64bit. The pc port's performance was pretty bad back in the day. I just ran through the first mission and fraps reported constant 60 fps on my four year old phenom ii x3 720 be (@ 3.2 ghz) and gtx 260. Without modding, it is 3:4 with resolutions up to 1600x1200. It looks a bit sharper than the ps2 version (simply due to rendering at higher rez). Graphics and textures look the same as on ps2.

I stronly recommend that you have a directinput compatible controller (e.g. Rumblepad 2, f310/f510/f710), for this and any other games on pc that predated the xbox 360. If you do, it will work flawlessly.

You can use an xinput (360 controller, f310/f510/f710) controller but by default the sticks will be swapped. Simply adding a few lines to the ini fixed that. however lt and rt do not seem to work (not surprising, in xinput lt & rt are mapped to the positive and negative halves of a single axis -- not separate buttons like in directinput. This seems to render lt & rt unusable. I do recall some software for backward compatability for 360 controllers, but i've never tried it. Reportedly you can just map two of your buttons to keyboard keys as a workaround.

260?!

#8097 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

I was being serious : ), I just started following PC games closely since I now find myself playing PC more then my 360 (Mainly The Secret World & Guild Wars 2) Thanks whoever mentioned Amazon has it for $5 : )
Posted Image

#8098 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Funny thing is though I heard WarBand is better then both of those, I rather have a campaign, not a fan of that multiplayer.

Warband includes the same single player as vanilla, just expanded. But you should know there isn't really any 'campaign' or focused story to Mount & Blade. It's basically just free roam, conquer cities, etc.

#8099 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

well damn nvm I ran across a little gem "Hotline Miami" for $7.49 on steam on sale? anywhere cheaper? The reviews are fantastic (Critics and users), but Im sure you guys already know about this game.

It was $4.99 on Amazon for a while. It may still be. It's also an Editor's Choice, so if you have one of those $5.00 coupons coming in January, that'll drop it to $4.99 as well.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#8100 chapnis

chapnis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

Never played any Civ games. Civ III worth getting for a dollar?