Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8131 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

I got the ME1 to work but it wasn't through the client but a different link at ea.com

I think it was the apply entitlement one IIRC.

I heard that you could do something like that. But I never use Origin, so I haven't been sufficiently motivated to make the extra effort to look into it.

57j.gif

#8132 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

It should still be on sale at GMG plus you can use the 30% coupon too.

I checked GMG after posting and it is still on sale and the coupon stacks, now I have to decide if I don't want to buy it out of principle.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8133 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

With 2 minutes left on the flock, I buckled and grabbed 3DMark11.

Looks like I have some serious OC-ing work to do.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm moving over to a 32GB, SSD, i77 3770K (Intel Retail Edge Program), same GPU. After plumbing I'll start putting her through the paces. The rig posted above is Air Cooled, and I have a hard enough time playing Skyrim w/o overheating. I just need to spend a day or 2 plumbing her for H20.

#8134 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

K, thanks. Think I'll pass. Considering I haven't played much of Civ 5 despite owning it for a long time, don't think I can justify purchasing 2 packs the same day and I feel I got the more important one with G&K since it changes actual mechanics.

yeah i get that. i have put in over 200 hours to civ 5 base game and feel like i barely scratched the surface(i think i am at about 20% or maybe 30% complete of the steam achievements)

edit 262 hours and 32%. but some of those achievements like 'win a game on settler difficulty' just seem like a waste of time. i guess i could try it just to see if i could win in 10 turns or less
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#8135 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

And "Civ in Space" Alpha Centauri is $3 on GOG (and they finally added the expansion).

If you want another "Civ in Space" you can get Galactic Civilizations, I have only played II. And it is still on its daily sale too. Quite fun although watching the battles play out is sooooooo boring.

#8136 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

K, thanks. Think I'll pass. Considering I haven't played much of Civ 5 despite owning it for a long time, don't think I can justify purchasing 2 packs the same day and I feel I got the more important one with G&K since it changes actual mechanics.

That sounds sensible. G&K already includes a bunch of new Civs so you should have more than enough variety for now.

#8137 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

eh, i would say it is a 'maybe'. It doesnt just add those civs as playable, it adds them to the game as enemy civs as well.

I think it adds more world wonders. I like wonders so i was all over that. actually i think you have to buy korea civ separate and also the ancient wonders pack(again, i like to go for the wonders).

just checked, this is what is included in the goty content
All 4 Cradle of Civilization Map Packs (Mediterranean, Asia, Americas, Mesopotamia)
Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings
Explorer’s Map Pack
Official Digital Soundtrack (Soundtrack not available on the Mac)

to get everything, you would have to get that, then get this
http://store.steampo....com/app/99614/
that is the ancient wonders+ korea civ

+
gods and kings(get it from greenman gamer for 3 bucks,i paid $7.50 on black friday from amazon, but that included a $5 coupon on a future purchase)

thanks for pointing this out
so I got the $19.99 pack from amazon
if I get the korea and wonders of the ancient world combo for $1.86, i will have everything for the game?

#8138 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

Your talking about a different mod. The author says to install the 2K version on top of the official free HD texture pack from Bethesda to fill it out. The 2k version of Skyrim Realistic Overhaul weighs in at 5.6 gigs. Your confusing mods. 2k references the size of the texture, but there is also a mod that uses "2k" in name (several, actually).

EDIT: Link to what Motoki referenced above:
S.T.E.P. Project Wiki
S.T.E.P. at nexus

I'm talking about the currently available 2K Textures mods here, not confusing any mods. (You could call it "Skyrim HD" too, but no one seems to call it that.)

I was under the impression that the Realistic Overhaul mod wasn't around anymore, and I've never heard anyone call it the "2K Textures" mod, like the other one is called.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8139 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

I checked GMG after posting and it is still on sale and the coupon stacks, now I have to decide if I don't want to buy it out of principle.

:lol:

Refusing a deal out of spite!

FWIW GMG said the DMC4 sale lasts until the new DMC game comes out but the 30% discount is ending soon, though they will probably have another sooner or later.

#8140 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I'm talking about the currently available 2K Textures mods here, not confusing any mods. (You could call it "Skyrim HD" too, but no one seems to call it that.)

I was under the impression that the Realistic Overhaul mod wasn't around anymore, and I've never heard anyone call it the "2K Textures" mod, like the other one is called.

As with anything, it's around if you look hard enough.

But anyway I follow the (old) STEP process and use 2K AND Realistic Overhaul and others too.

#8141 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

That sounds sensible. G&K already includes a bunch of new Civs so you should have more than enough variety for now.

I'm not even in this discussion and I somehow got talked into buying Gods & Kings.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#8142 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

if I get the korea and wonders of the ancient world combo for $1.86, i will have everything for the game?

yep. if i am thinking correctly, korea is actually a good civ to play for doing the victory via city states because of the bonuses you get to city states.

Posted Image

#8143 dracula

dracula

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'm not even in this discussion and I somehow got talked into buying Gods & Kings.

ive only played gods and kings a little and already it feels like a whole new game, more like civ 5.5 or civ 6 because they added faith.(and new civs and units and buildings)

Posted Image

#8144 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

As with anything, it's around if you look hard enough.

But anyway I follow the (old) STEP process and use 2K AND Realistic Overhaul and others too.

Ah, thanks. I'll have to check it out. I'm always too lazy to do modding on ES/FO, but when I start on it it becomes a day week long affair...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8145 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Most definitely yes.

#8146 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:03 AM

Right, your talking about a different mod than I am, and I started this whole thing by posting links to it to prove that you could still get it. From the post I read, many people still consider it the best over-all graphics mod for SkyRim (Realistic Overhaul w/2k textures).
http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=8066
==================================================================================================

And "Civ in Space" Alpha Centauri is $3 on GOG (and they finally added the expansion).

Right click on the game in your library, "view CD key".

I'm waiting til the last day of the GOG sale (Jan 3rd) to pick it up in case it drops further. wishlisted for now.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#8147 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

shoutout to the lurkers, if nobody else loves you i still do

Spoiler

Hand__Of__God.png

#8148 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

shoutout to the lurkers, if nobody else loves you i still do

Spoiler

Wow.. thanks man. Didn't expect someone to post a key for Darkness 2. Funny thing is, I'm not a lurker and I got it ;)

#8149 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Wow.. thanks man. Didn't expect someone to post a key for Darkness 2.

Hand__Of__God.png

#8150 JakeNome

JakeNome

Shady Panda Peddler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

Spoiler

WTS Steam Games Check my list!

Posted Image

#8151 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

thanks everyone
now I have all civ 5 dlc

#8152 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Bought Civ 3 during the last sale. It is the only Civ game I have played. Took a bit to figure everything out, but I've put 38 hours into it an haven't finished a playthrough yet. Tons of fun. I'm slowly capturing the entire map. Probably the best dollar I've ever spent.

The game was a buggy, practically unplayable mess when it was released. I bought it on Day One, played maybe three hours of it and quit in disgust. After the long wait from Civ II devotees and in the era before easy game patching (or automatic patches), I think its reputation was crippled from the very start and never recovered.

#8153 NvaderJim

NvaderJim

Game Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Spoiler

I already have this. :P
Spoiler

#8154 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

I already have this. :P

Spoiler

aw, I already own Skyram
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#8155 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Spoiler

lol damn that was a DOTA 2 key, someone got it before me :cry:, been trying forever to get into that beta...oh sooooo close lol, Thanks for posting it though.

Edit: Thanks for the Key Sunghost

Edited by Poor2More, 31 December 2012 - 12:58 AM.

Posted Image

#8156 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

is far cry 1 and 2 worth it?
Going to wait on far cry 3. should be at least 30$ again at least by the summer sale.
Scimmed a few pages back. If your thinking about getting Mount and Blade I would 100% recommend war band.
The first one you really dont need bc war band is better in every way.
Napoleonic wars is Multiplier only but a fantastic one at that.
Fire and Steel is warband with guns... the guns are 100% OP
Posted Image

#8157 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

lol damn that was a DOTA 2 key, someone got it before me :cry:, been trying forever to get into that beta...oh sooooo close lol, Thanks for posting it though

PM me your email address.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8158 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

lol damn that was a DOTA 2 key, someone got it before me :cry:, been trying forever to get into that beta...oh sooooo close lol, Thanks for posting it though

PM'd you a key.

#8159 Curtsey

Curtsey

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Damn, all these dota2 keys being thrown around lol ;_;

#8160 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Damn, all these dota2 keys being thrown around lol ;_;

Some Romanian site is giving away 10, 000 of them.