Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8401 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

You mean as an upgrade over the regular edition? If so, wouldn't it just be cheaper to buy the DLC?

No, there's an upgrade option for 5 bucks. DLC by itself would total much more.

#8402 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Oh you're right. I didn't see that there. The DLC included in the GOTY is just under $10. Obviously it would be better to buy the upgrade.

Whether it's actually worth it, I can't say. I still haven't played Civ 4, never mind Civ 5.

57j.gif

#8403 mac995555

mac995555

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

Turd flash deals.

#8404 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

Problem 1: The Oddboxx still isn't 75% off

Problem 2: The Bit.Trip Collection 2012 is about $5 more expensive then buying the games and soundtracks individually(unless this updates)

Problem 3: Psychonauts does not need to be on sale for the 11 thousandth time. Those who want it have owned it for a long time.

#8405 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Problem 1: The Oddboxx still isn't 75% off

Problem 2: The Bit.Trip Collection 2012 is about $5 more expensive then buying the games and soundtracks individually. Of course . . .

Problem 3: Psychonauts does not need to be on sale for the 11 thousandth time.

Problem 4: The Secret World hasn't been a daily/flash sale yet. It HAS to be a daily/flash sale now that Severose has bought it ;). Thank you Severose!

#8406 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Yeah... I'd be shocked if any truly new deals popped up in the last five days at this rate.

#8407 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Just finished Indie Game The Movie, thought it was pretty damn relatable as someone trying to get into the music industry. They can definitely come off as pretentious/egotistical but damn they put their hearts into the shit (well the Braid dude was weird...). That dude who made Fez is just mad nice.

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#8408 Tane

Tane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Damn was going to upgrade my Civ 5 for $5 after I finished my beer got distracted and its over. OH well no loss. haha

i5 3570k | GTX 780 | FT02

#8409 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Turd flash deals.

That's Steam Winter sale 2012, for ya.

#8410 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Can we have that Big Picture sale back? Some better deals in that, quite frankly.

#8411 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Is it just me, or did the Need For Speed flash sale drop from 75% to 50%?

Also LOL at the Bit Trip Bundle, yet another package more expensive than the individual cost. I try to stay positive on the sale since I've still managed to spend too much, but this is getting pretty sad...

#8412 prisonerac

prisonerac

Yes ... DAISY!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

Did the need for speed games just go up in price? I swear it was $5 for hot pursuit and $2.50 for undercover a little bit ago.

-edit: apparently I am not the only one who noticed.

#8413 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:31 AM

Did the need for speed games just go up in price? I swear it was $5 for hot pursuit and $2.50 for undercover a little bit ago.

Definitely did... :bomb:

#8414 stopmakingsense

stopmakingsense

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Whoa. Weird. Glad I picked up Hot Pursuit while it was 5 bucks.

#8415 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

Anybody check this out?
http://www.galagiveaways.com/home

76561198003417354.png

#8416 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Just finished Indie Game The Movie, thought it was pretty damn relatable as someone trying to get into the music industry. They can definitely come off as pretentious/egotistical but damn they put their hearts into the shit (well the Braid dude was weird...). That dude who made Fez is just mad nice.

It was nice hearing part of the stories behind those games, some of their inspirations and the shit they were dealing with. For once, a film about making games where it's not all PR BS. I just wish I hadn't dropped $10 on it, but I couldn't predict its inclusion in a Humble Bundle. Still, it was worth seeing.

#8417 IronChariot

IronChariot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

If I want to play the old Doom games, are the Steam versions the best way to go?

#8418 iiiweaponiii

iiiweaponiii

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

the lack of fallout 3 GoTy is getting to me:bomb:

145117.png
76561197983551192.png

#8419 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

-edit: apparently I am not the only one who noticed.

That's just precious.

Memo to self, if any EA game that I'm looking to pick up appears at 75% off, pick it up ASAP. It likely wont be 75% for long.

Just another standout moment in this sale.

57j.gif

#8420 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

Precious!

#8421 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I think it's a glitch. If you visit the game's pages they have the generic Holiday Sale! notice rather than the Flash sale notice it should have.

Either glitched out or ended early for whatever reason. Half off was their default discount.

#8422 Therapy

Therapy

You Know You Need Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Looks like there's a new version of Steamgifts called Galagiveaways by the Indie Gala site.

http://www.galagiveaways.com

I created two to test. Initially, I wanted to put them up here eventually but since my last two keys got lurked without a simple thanks I decided against it.

First one
Second One

Edited by Therapy, 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#8423 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Flow is taken care of- He is always down for some crappy muliplayer fun.

OI!

Oh, erm, yes. Thanks :oops:

#8424 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Is it just me, or did the Need For Speed flash sale drop from 75% to 50%?

I don't believe this, I had all three of those in my cart while I was checking out the SimBin racing games...

Oh well, at least Quake 1 is (probably) still on sale...

WORST STEAM SALE EVER !!!

#8425 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

Eh... Even though that feature is implemented automatically now, some games still don't let you change the install directory. I suggest you look into symbolic linking if you want to move those games to different drive.

Anyone know how to symbolic link? No idea what that is. Anyways my solution to SRTT not working was it wouldn't install on an external, so I had to install Steam onto my C: and then download it there and it worked. But normally I run Steam from my external HD and I can't change the install directory to C:...so my dillema remains pretty much.

It was nice hearing part of the stories behind those games, some of their inspirations and the shit they were dealing with. For once, a film about making games where it's not all PR BS. I just wish I hadn't dropped $10 on it, but I couldn't predict its inclusion in a Humble Bundle. Still, it was worth seeing.

Agreed. Anyone who's had or has a dream about doing something they love and putting painstaking effort into it, telling people your working and all that, its definitely relatable to all artists of any kind. & damn $10, but it was a great watch. thanks HIB

76561198003417354.png

#8426 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Damn, I go to sleep and miss... nothing...lol...at least catching up on the thread is entertaining. Hearing about more prices going up mid flash sale is not surprising. And what happened to QUAKE 1 BEING ON SALE IS ONLY A GLITCH?

It looks like it wasn't.

#8427 Meatyflakes

Meatyflakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Anyone know how to symbolic link? No idea what that is. Anyways my solution to SRTT not working was it wouldn't install on an external, so I had to install Steam onto my C: and then download it there and it worked. But normally I run Steam from my external HD and I can't change the install directory to C:...so my dillema remains pretty much.

Steam Mover worked like a charm for me (if I'm understanding what you are trying to do)
[URL="http://raptr.com/Blut_Teufel?src=em_ach"]Posted Image[/URL]

#8428 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Anyone know how to symbolic link?

You use the mklink command.

#8429 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Damn, I go to sleep and miss... nothing...lol...at least catching up on the thread is entertaining. Hearing about more prices going up mid flash sale is not surprising. And what happened to QUAKE 1 BEING ON SALE IS ONLY A GLITCH?

It looks like it wasn't.

(Snort). This.

And never mind the change in the Need for Speed stuff.

I'm working today but this'll be the first Steam sale where I haven't refreshed the Steam pages every time there was an update.

#8430 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

If I want to play the old Doom games, are the Steam versions the best way to go?

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but I own all of the Doom games through Steam and they all work perfectly fine.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com