Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8731 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

Is there anyone else who has Giana Sisters, and can only take it a couple of levels at a time? This has been happening to me as I play through the game because I find that the levels can leave my pulse racing afterwards (in a good way though!). Just finished a level where I was cussing up a storm as I couldn't believe how well I was pulling off the platforming and enemy evading for it being my first time playing that level. It almost makes me wish I had been recording that session so I could upload it on YouTube or Vimeo and let people laugh at my anxiety and "I can't believe I just did that!" moments. I managed to only die 4 times too!

I been usually taking it in small bites a level or two here and there at a time too. It starts out really easy but man it can get difficult later on. :twoguns:

I still enjoy it but I think I can only die so many times in one sitting. :lol:

mdUFwSE.png

#8732 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Just tried it out, very cool! Any way for it to work in the client?

I have noticed that it doesn't work for all the games I have though. For example, I just opened up the THQ bundle to see, and it only lists Titan Quest, Metro 2033, and Supreme Commander as being owned (green), while other games like SR2/3, Company of Heroes, etc, aren't lit up.

Keep up the good work, in any case. :D

Basically when it loads the page, it spawns a lot of GET requests into each game's page to see if you own it. Sometimes this process times out, and sometimes the process encounters an error (maybe age verification). Either way, I'm working on it and I'll keep you all posted! :D

Oh and I'll double check for the client. If they're using something like an IE wrapper for the Steam store (possibility) then it's probably never going to be possible, sadly. If they're using your configured default browser though, and your default browser is Chrome, and you restart Steam, it should work... OFF TO TEST!

EDIT: Looks like the Steam client uses their own thing... probably not going to work in the client itself unfortunately.

#8733 Drizzt

Drizzt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I been usually taking it in small bites a level or two here and there at a time too. It starts out really easy but man it can get difficult later on. :twoguns:

I still enjoy it but I think I can only die so many times in one sitting. :lol:

Yeah I'm at the end of the second world now. I decided to stop there because those boss levels can be quite the endurance round in just getting to the boss based on my experience with the first world, and THEN you get to try to beat the boss. This is going to be a game that I'll have to play when I feel I have enough time to complete at least the current level that I'm on since it doesn't allow mid level continues between play sessions. I love it though! It's really bringing back all those good memories of successfully playing a challenging platformer! :)

#8734 Flowette

Flowette

Level 56 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

I played 15 minutes of The Secret World tonight.

I swallowed a bug, got head while a tattooed bloke in a nappy watched*, and shot loads of people in a subway with a shotgun.

Fun!

* - it wasn't the guy from Wayne's World 2

#8735 Golden Lemonz

Golden Lemonz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

I swallowed a bug, got head while a tattooed bloke in a nappy watched*, and shot loads of people in a subway with a shotgun.

Fun!

That sounds like a great game.

"Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy. But so often, the legacies we leave behind... are not the ones we intended." -Queen Myrrah

#8736 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

Fun!

My Dragon is female and I got the same treatment. ;)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8737 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I've been afraid to ask that very same question just in case it's him and I'd be insulting him.

You don't want to insult Drogo:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#8738 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Hmm, the BFG Edition says it includes "the original DOOM and DOOM II games".

It doesn't mention anything about Ultimate Doom (an expanded version of original Doom) Final Doom or Master Levels for Doom II.

Does anyone know what it actually comes with?

I have Doom 3 BFG from the beth apack and I don't see Doom in my library.

awesome work, but who's the Klingon in your avatar?

I was going to laugh at you, but I thought it was Tyr (the Nietzschean) from Anrodmeda.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8739 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I have Doom 3 BFG from the beth apack and I don't see Doom in my library.

It's not a separate entry in your Steam list but when you launch Doom 3 BFG you get to choose to pay either Doom, Doom II or Doom III from a menu.

mdUFwSE.png

#8740 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Every time I see Doom BFG I think Doom Big Fucking Deal.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8741 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I was going to laugh at you, but I thought it was Tyr (the Nietzschean) from Andromeda.

I loved that show and wished it lasted longer than it did. Though some of the story got a little convoluted near the end, but I guess that happens a lot with shows that end prematurely.

#8742 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Every time I see Doom BFG I think Doom Big Fucking Deal.

???

I'm not sure what I think, but it's not that. :lol:

#8743 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Hmm... Hero Academy isn't on my wishlist, but I had looked at it before. At that price, it's seriously itching my impulsiveness.

Anyone know if it has single-player? I might get a copy for myself and a friend, but I'm not sure I want to get a game that's entirely reliant on a multiplayer community which might not be there in a couple months.

#8744 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Big Fucking Geal, man.

bZ2g3eF.png

#8745 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Anyone know if it has single-player? I might get a copy for myself and a friend, but I'm not sure I want to get a game that's entirely reliant on a multiplayer community which might not be there in a couple months.

Also wondering this.

#8746 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they had a publisher pack for Kalypso in past sales? I've been making a list of the games that I want to pick up on the final day and there are several Kaltypso games that I'd want. So it just occurred to me that it might actually be better to just buy the whole pack because I only own one Kalypso game.

Seemed like a smashing good idea until I discovered that there is no Kalypso pack for sale.

#8747 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

@jshackles Good on ya, man. Very cool.

#8748 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they had a publisher pack for Kalypso in past sales? I've been making a list of the games that I want to pick up on the final day and there are several Kaltypso games that I'd want. So it just occurred to me that it might actually be better to just buy the whole pack because I only own one Kalypso game.

Seemed like a smashing good idea until I discovered that there is no Kalypso pack for sale.

Yes they did and I bought it. I got mine in September August of 2011 I believe, which was the Kalypso anniversary sale.

It was a comprehensive (at the time) publisher pack too and none of this Best of crap.

However given the current pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't ever see the full comprehensive publisher packs again in most cases. All of the big ones from 2011 when they came back in the 2012 sales were not comprehensive. And I don't think they have even offered the 1C Complete pack since the winter 2011 sale.

Edited by Motoki, 01 January 2013 - 02:48 AM.
Checked date I bought the pack

mdUFwSE.png

#8749 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Hmm... Hero Academy isn't on my wishlist, but I had looked at it before. At that price, it's seriously itching my impulsiveness.

Also wondering this.

"Hero Academy lets two player-controlled teams battle it out on a game board in turn-based combat. After selecting which team you want to play (currently there are Orcs, Humans, Dark Elves, Dwarves and the Team Fortress 2 soldiers), you then deploy them onto a random level. "
"Hero Academy has a lot of resources available to teach new players. You can start with the in-game tutorial levels and then move onto the in-game guide. If that’s still not enough, or if you’re just looking for a change of pace, you can play Challenge levels for each team you own. The Challenge levels aren’t only great little tweaks on the gameplay that feel similar to a puzzle game but they also teach you the intricacies and capabilities of individual units by letting you see them in action."

"Because Hero Academy is asynchronous you’re encouraged to have a large number of games going at any time. Quickly knock out all your turns, start up a few new games, and then return later when you’re friends or random opponents have taken their actions. If they still haven’t, you can quickly start up some new games. There’s basically never a reason to not be playing against someone, and you’re never pressured to take a turn. You do things at your own pace."

It would seem it is mostly a 2P game with some built in SP stuff for teaching mostly. No real "campaign" it would seem.

I will pass for now. Sounds like I would prefer this on my iPhone anyway.

#8750 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

That was the Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle, by LucasArts.

The Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack, by Telltale Games, currently 50% off at $17.49, hasn't been featured in the current sale yet.

Tales was $8.74 (-75%) at the same time Monkey Island classic was. I'm not sure why Tales was ever $4.99, I doubt we'll see that again.

#8751 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yes they did and I bought it. I got mine in September August of 2011 I believe, which was the Kalypso anniversary sale.

It was a comprehensive (at the time) publisher pack too and none of this Best of crap.

However given the current pattern, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't ever see the full comprehensive publisher packs again in most cases. All of the big ones from 2011 when they came back in the 2012 sales were not comprehensive. And I don't think they have even offered the 1C Complete pack since the winter 2011 sale.

Yeah I thought I remembered seeing it in the past.

You're probably right about the complete packs being a thing of the past. Still, I don't really need any of those games right now and I don't think of Kalypso as being a flight risk from the steam store, so I think I'm gonna hold off for now in the hopes that they offer a non-neutered pack sometime down the line.

Thanks for the reply.

#8752 electricsleep

electricsleep

Prof. Hinsley

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Anyone think there's a chance the base price of M&B: Warband will drop in the next 6 to 12 months? I want to pick it up but I won't get to it for a while. I'm tempted to buy it but better judgement says I should wait it out.

#8753 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

On the subject, does anyone know if the Strategy First pack is complete? It's a heck of a lot of bundle-fodder for $30. I'm just wanting it for Bad Rats.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15326/

#8754 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

On the subject, does anyone know if the Strategy First pack is complete? It's a heck of a lot of bundle-fodder for $30. I'm just wanting it for Bad Rats.

http://store.steampo....com/sub/15326/

I believe that one actually is still comprehensive and I think a couple of others like Mumbo Jumbo may be as well.

I'm pondering that Strategy First pack too but thanks to your little script I'm seeing an awful lot of green in that pack. Hmm...

mdUFwSE.png

#8755 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

There goes our chance are super duper cheap Freedom Force.

I really hope it is just Thief Gold and not the pack or any of the other games that go on sale lol

#8756 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

There goes our chance are super duper cheap Freedom Force.

Damn it. Though, it was expected.

#8757 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Thanks for the extension jshackles, I've been wanting this functionality for AGES. Looking forward to future iterations!
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8758 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Anyone think there's a chance the base price of M&B: Warband will drop in the next 6 to 12 months? I want to pick it up but I won't get to it for a while. I'm tempted to buy it but better judgement says I should wait it out.

Drop to what? $2.50? Already pretty cheap at $5 now. Believe I got it for $7.50 a year or so ago. It's pretty much the meat of the M&B collection and I doubt it'll drop significantly in price. The other stuff not so much which is why you see it only cost an additional $3ish over and above Warband alone.

#8759 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

No, it will be 75% off or $4.99 USD during every major sale event for the next year, at least. TaleWorlds likes their prices.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#8760 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Is Warband the best of the series? I got it free from Tony ages ago... Decided to install it today.

Any mods I should look up first? Maybe some that make the faces look less like potatoes as I've heard?

bZ2g3eF.png