Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8851 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

We're sorry, we're out of keys for the Bethesda New Year's Bundle wait two weeks never to get the rest of your keys.

Have a Happy New Year.

When did you start working at Gamersgate? :P

#8852 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

https://store.steamp...ed.com/account/

Hm. Not showing up for me, I assume it should be obvious?
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8853 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

Doom 1 and 2 are classics and everyone should own them, and the collection of just those two is only 3.74.

I'd be all over the Doom classic pack if I could get it for that price, but as an Australian I'm expected to pay $4.99 for it. =; Nope, no money for you!

I'm still debating whether I can be bothered trying to trade for it with someone from the US or UK, but I don't want to end up with a dodgy Russian copy where I'd be worried it would get revoked for the next 12 months.

The Doom 3 pack is the same price here as the US, but I don't want to buy that either if I can't get the classic pack.

#8854 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Hm. Not showing up for me, I assume it should be obvious?

Yeah, it should look like this:

Posted Image

Check to make sure the extension is listed as version 0.2 in Chrome

#8855 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

I'd be all over the Doom classic pack if I could get it for that price, but as an Australian I'm expected to pay $4.99 for it. =; Nope, no money for you!

I'm still debating whether I can be bothered trying to trade for it with someone from the US or UK, but I don't want to end up with a dodgy Russian copy where I'd be worried it would get revoked for the next 12 months.

The Doom 3 pack is the same price here as the US, but I don't want to buy that either if I can't get the classic pack.

If you've got Paypal or Amazon GCs I'm sure there's plenty of people (myself included) who would help you with regional pricing.

Edit:

Yeah, it should look like this:

Check to make sure the extension is listed as version 0.2 in Chrome

No dice, this is all I'm getting with 0.2:
Posted Image
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8856 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Total spent is not showing for me either and I do have 0.2

mdUFwSE.png

#8857 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Total spent is not showing for me either and I do have 0.2

OK checking into it now. Looks like Greasemonkey allows remote jQuery calls, and Chrome extensions don't. So much for taking shortcuts!

#8858 u.v.bunny

u.v.bunny

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

If you've got Paypal or Amazon GCs I'm sure there's plenty of people (myself included) who would help you with regional pricing.

Thanks for that Genocidal, I'll send you a pm :)

When I first joined CAG the Steam Group Buy and Gifting thread was just a friendly place for group buys and helping out with regional restrictions and pricing.

It's changed a lot since the introduction of gift trading and the proliferation of steam keys... it's serious business now!

BTW if anyone wants Mirror's Edge for $2.50 (AU price) let me know.

#8859 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Happy New Years everyone!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8860 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Could someone talk me out of buying these games in the next, say, 10 minutes?

Far Cry 1, Fable 1, Dues Ex 1, Thief 1, Doom Classic Complete, and Doom 3 (non-BFG edition).

Thanks.
Posted Image

#8861 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Far Cry 1, Fable 1, Dues Ex 1, Thief 1, Doom Classic Complete, and Doom 3 (non-BFG edition).

Thanks.

Do not buy.

You're welcome. ;)

#8862 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

OK everyone with version 0.3 of the Enhanced Steam plugin should now see the dreaded total of doom

#8863 argyle

argyle

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

OK checking into it now. Looks like Greasemonkey allows remote jQuery calls, and Chrome extensions don't. So much for taking shortcuts!

Also, not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but it doesn't mark games I bought elsewhere but redeemed on Steam as owned - is that something that's possible? :D
Posted Image

#8864 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

Thanks.

For every one of those games you buy, God kills a kitten.
Please think of the kittens.

#8865 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Also, not to look a gift horse in the mouth or anything, but it doesn't mark games I bought elsewhere but redeemed on Steam as owned - is that something that's possible? :D

That's weird - if you click on the game in Steam, do you get the "regular" green banner that says "You already own... (whatever)"?

#8866 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

For every one of those games you buy, God kills a kitten.
Please think of the kittens.

God is a kitten-killing bastich whether I buy the games or not, but thank you for trying.

And what have kittens done for ME lately?
Posted Image

#8867 argyle

argyle

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

That's weird - if you click on the game in Steam, do you get the "regular" green banner that says "You already own... (whatever)"?

Just double-checked that, and yes, I get that once I click onto the actual game's page. If it helps you any, the game I'm testing this on is Deus Ex - I bought the key from GMG last year & redeemed on Steam.
Posted Image

#8868 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Just double-checked that, and yes, I get that once I click onto the actual game's page. If it helps you any, the game I'm testing this on is Deus Ex - I bought the key from GMG last year & redeemed on Steam.

Looking at the code, I don't think it has anything to do with buying on a separate site and redeeming on Steam. There have been a few instances in my testing where M (and sometimes T) rated games don't show up, presumably because the code that checks if you own the game is hitting the "please enter your birthday" validation page.

I'm sure I'll be able to track down the bug and (hopefully) get it updated soon though, stay tuned!

#8869 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

In all seriousness, no one has anything bad to say about those titles? 75% off money well spent?
Posted Image

#8870 argyle

argyle

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yup, you're right, there's definitely something more to it - looked further and your green banner is showing on my Skyrim, which I also bought from GMG.

Thanks btw, very cool plugin - stuff like this makes me wish I had kept pursuing coding.
Posted Image

#8871 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Alright if you want the shock and horror of having a tally of all the $$$ you have ever spent on Steam, install (or update) my Chrome extension.

If you don't already have it installed it can be found here:

https://chrome.googl...mbecghcbfknbfhg

This is dope, thank you sir

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#8872 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

Thanks.

That costs $.

#8873 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Anyone who uses my Chrome extension and likes it should leave me a good review on the Chrome Web Store page - it'll help more people find it and be confident it won't steal their Steam account or anything! :)

#8874 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

In all seriousness, no one has anything bad to say about those titles? 75% off money well spent?

Of all those, I could make a case for not buying Far Cry, but that's it.

OK everyone with version 0.3 of the Enhanced Steam plugin should now see the dreaded total of doom

Working now, thanks! Total wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected considering game count and age of account. I guess it doesn't count non-Steam purchases but I don't think that's a large chunk for me.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png

#8875 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

Working now, thanks! Total wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expected considering game count and age of account. I guess it doesn't count non-Steam purchases but I don't think that's a large chunk for me.

Good to hear it's working! Yeah, Steam calculates the value of anything not purchased on Steam as "Free" (aka +0) so it doesn't get added. Also, it will tally total purchases, so this will include items purchased for someone else as a gift.

I wonder if Motoki will be brave enough to look...

#8876 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

I'd wait to buy Thief in the pack whenever it goes on sale for 75% off, no use just buying the first. Same with Deus Ex, obviously if you already own prior games in said series then ignore this :P

#8877 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Looking at the code, I don't think it has anything to do with buying on a separate site and redeeming on Steam. There have been a few instances in my testing where M (and sometimes T) rated games don't show up, presumably because the code that checks if you own the game is hitting the "please enter your birthday" validation page.

I'm sure I'll be able to track down the bug and (hopefully) get it updated soon though, stay tuned!

Maybe you can pass a birth date in as a parameter? It doesn't seem to matter what it is as long as the calculated age is 18 or over I believe. Of course you probably know all of this so I will shut up now. In a minute. Nothing to do with your code but I never realized that Steam marks the Demo listing as owned for any full game I own whether I downloaded the demo or not.

#8878 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I'd wait to buy Thief in the pack whenever it goes on sale for 75% off, no use just buying the first. Same with Deus Ex, obviously if you already own prior games in said series then ignore this :P

I have the recent Deus Ex from an Amazon pack and Thief 2 from a cheap GMG deal. Otherwise, that is totally legit advice.
Posted Image

#8879 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Nice plugin, and depressing when looking at the total number.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#8880 Malibuz0r

Malibuz0r

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Hey, jshackles.. Is your plugin open source?