Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#8881 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Maybe you can pass a birth date in as a parameter? It doesn't seem to matter what it is as long as the calculated age is 18 or over I believe. Of course you probably know all of this so I will shut up now. In a minute. Nothing to do with your code but I never realized that Steam marks the Demo listing as owned for any full game I own whether I downloaded the demo or not.

The code is just doing a mass HTTP GET request for all of the links on the page that lead to steampowered.com/app/ or steampowered.com/sub/ which seems to randomly hit a wall. Unfortunately, it's not smart enough to know "if it asks for your age, enter 1/1/1900". I just tell it "go get this file, and look for the green banner". So if it gets something other than what it expects, it will just report back "nope, I didn't see the green banner so you must not own this".

Also, Steam uses the same link for the full version and the demo of games. So with this same logic, all of the demos in the search will show a green banner if you own the full game. :)

#8882 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

Of all those, I could make a case for not buying Far Cry, but that's it.

I was on the fence about that one the most, thanks.

Anyone who uses my Chrome extension and likes it should leave me a good review on the Chrome Web Store page - it'll help more people find it and be confident it won't steal their Steam account or anything! :)

Installing it now...
Posted Image

#8883 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Hey, jshackles.. Is your plugin open source?

Yeah I'll probably release it as such once it gets cleaned up some. Right now it's a mess (and started out as a Greasemonkey script) which I debated posting at all for fear of code nazis. :D

#8884 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Anyone who uses my Chrome extension and likes it should leave me a good review on the Chrome Web Store page - it'll help more people find it and be confident it won't steal their Steam account or anything! :)

Thanks for this, it's very useful. Do you have a link to the updated script for greasemonkey for us firefox users?

76561197970731518.png

#8885 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

You've Got Review.

[Edit] The site runs so much faster now![/Edit]
Posted Image

#8886 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

The code is just doing a mass HTTP GET request for all of the links on the page that lead to steampowered.com/app/ or steampowered.com/sub/ which seems to randomly hit a wall. Unfortunately, it's not smart enough to know "if it asks for your age, enter 1/1/1900". I just tell it "go get this file, and look for the green banner". So if it gets something other than what it expects, it will just report back "nope, I didn't see the green banner so you must not own this".

Also, Steam uses the same link for the full version and the demo of games. So with this same logic, all of the demos in the search will show a green banner if you own the full game. :)

I learn something new every day. Too bad I have to forget something to make room...

#8887 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for this, it's very useful. Do you have a link to the updated script for greasemonkey for us firefox users?

5char!

Edited by jshackles, 01 January 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#8888 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Not that I used it all that often, but I'm still sad to see bitGAMER go. Let's have a moment of silence.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8889 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

Finally 2013 here on the West Coast. Happy New Year folks! Now step up the sales Gaben.

#8890 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Is Fear 3 a good co-op game? Think it is just the main story with two people right?

2ic4l5j.jpg

#8891 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Happy New Year guys.

js - The GreaseMonkey script isn't working properly. It's disabled my ability to click on drop-down menus, for instance for the account drop down menu in the top right.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#8892 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

js - The GreaseMonkey script isn't working properly. It's disabled my ability to click on drop-down menus, for instance for the account drop down menu in the top right.

It seems to be working for me. Granted, I have no idea what I'm doing.

#8893 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Anyone played Sonic Generations? Worth it for $5?

#8894 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Yet another Borderlands 2 Golden Key Code: CBCJJ-3RJ55-5XT3J-3T3T3-TRCTK
(that's three tonight so far)

Anyone paid Sonic Generations? Worth it for $5?

If you like Sonic games then hell yes! It's one of SEGA's best in years. It's visually polished, the gameplay is great, and there's loads of content.

76561197971332172.png

#8895 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

It seems to be working for me. Granted, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Re-checking the code.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#8896 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

I'm an idiot and I can't find out where the total amount spent is at.

EDIT: Never mind. I was expecting more, especially since I have over 600 games. I'm a cheap bastard.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8897 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Happy New Years!

All our avatars are still wearing Christmas stuff.

#8898 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Happy New Years!

Tis still the season!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8899 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

I'm an idiot and I can't find out where the total amount spent is at.

EDIT: Never mind. I was expecting more, especially since I have over 600 games. I'm a cheap bastard.

It doesn't count the games you've bought off of Amazon or other sites. 90% of my purchases are made that way, so I expected my total to be higher.
Posted Image

#8900 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Happy New Years!

Seems it usually takes a little while for folks to change avs around here. :)

2ic4l5j.jpg

#8901 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

bG changed a lot since I was in charge. Talking to the owner tonight, I understand why he decided to take it offline.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#8902 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

It doesn't count the games you've bought off of Amazon or other sites. 90% of my purchases are made that way, so I expected my total to be higher.

Well yeah, of course, but I didn't really get into buying things on Amazon digitally until this holiday season. I've only made a few purchases on other random sites, but then there's CAG transactions. I'd say the majority of my Steam library comes from CAG and the few winter sales I've been a part of.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#8903 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

I kind of want to stick with my Christmas Grump avatar.

#8904 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I kind of want to stick with my Christmas Grump avatar.

Excellent choice. Your avatar is probably my favorite at the moment. And it's not all that obviously Christmas-y.

As for me, I'll wait for the Steam Holiday sale to end, and then I'll switch back.

#8905 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Happy New Years!

Lies! But, Happy New Year!

Nice script j-shak. Wish I could use it in the client, but I will definitely get some use out of it. To be more depressing folks, don't forget that that total doesn't reflect purchases outside of Steam itself (bundles, Amazon, GMG). Does it include gifts purchased?
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#8906 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Excellent choice. Your avatar is probably my favorite at the moment. And it's not all that obviously Christmas-y.

It always makes me laugh when I look at it, and it is quite versatile for year-round use. Thanks again to jshackles for it :D

#8907 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Borderlands 2 Golden Key Code: K353J-Z5JC5-KXJBB-TBTJB-95BWZ (gives 2)

Thanks! Were there three different codes tonight? I found two on this thread, but the IGN code site is only showing one...

I remember when HAWX 2 Deluxe; Driver: San Fran Deluxe; and Silent Hunter 5 were $1 on Uplay!

Amen. :D

Has The Secret World been a daily or flash sale yet?

Guaranteed it will be a daily tomorrow... right after all the bonuses won't be given.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#8908 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

I've mostly been picking a few things here and there lately. Been waiting for Black Ops 2 to go deeper off than 17% to get the digital deluxe edition. I'm guessing that at this rate it won't go deeper than that till the next sale. Either way, I have enough of a backlog lol

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#8909 Mighty Tor

Mighty Tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Well the $5 editor's choice credits are now live on Amazon. Hotline Miami is back up to $7.50 but $2.50 seems a good price for me. Also worth noting Dark Souls: Prepare to Die is sitting at $18 putting it at $13 after credit which is the cheapest I think I've seen it unless it hit $12.50 somewhere when I wasn't paying attention since I had already bit at $15.

#8910 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I've mostly been picking a few things here and there lately. Been waiting for Black Ops 2 to go deeper off than 17% to get the digital deluxe edition. I'm guessing that at this rate it won't go deeper than that till the next sale. Either way, I have enough of a backlog lol

Same here, although I'm just looking for the normal edition though unless the DD magically hits $50ish.

Probably will be 20-25% off on one of the last dailies.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png