Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#9061 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

max payne 1 and 2 are worth playing for the awesome narratives alone

Spoiler

Hand__Of__God.png

#9062 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I don't get it though. It's a third person FPS? He's just... like a cop that is on the run right? Or is it the story that's so awesome? And does it hold up to the time test (could I start playing 1 today and not be fully aware the game is 10+ years old?)?

I actually just got finished a couple weeks ago playing through both 1 & 2. I had never played them before, and had heard such great things about them. For the time it was a pretty unique game but you wont really find anything new or unique with them now as far as gameplay goes. I found the story in the first one pretty mediocre and cliche. I actually enjoyed the second much more.
To me it's the character of Max and his narratives that I enjoy the most and I can't wait to play the third one.

76561197970731518.png

#9063 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

These flash deals should be a little more........."flashier"

#9064 paulcalypse

paulcalypse

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Decided to buy Hotline Miami at Amazon for $2.50 after watching a couple videos. Holy crap...

TyranitarJr.png

#9065 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I love film noire too, not to mention hard-boiled detective stories. I remember playing Max Payne 1 & 2 when they first came out and was blown away. Great games. Heck, I still play MP1 on my Nexus 7 from time to time.

max payne 1 and 2 are worth playing for the awesome narratives alone

Spoiler

I actually just got finished a couple weeks ago playing through both 1 & 2. I had never played them before, and had heard such great things about them. For the time it was a pretty unique game but you wont really find anything new or unique with them now as far as gameplay goes. I found the story in the first one pretty mediocre and cliche. I actually enjoyed the second much more.
To me it's the character of Max and his narratives that I enjoy the most and I can't wait to play the third one.

So there you have it, IkedaTeramusa. Gotta give Max Payne a second shot if you haven't already. And for being only $3.74 for the first two in the series, you can't lose.

#9066 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

That money is gone, man. I had to buy another lambo to make a color coordinated pair, and you can't just buy a lambo and not buy an eastern european babe to doll up the passenger seat.

Dead weight. Remove the passenger seat too. ^_~

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9067 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I bought Shogun 2 ad FOTS during the last sale and I'm now looking at the Total War games on sale. Could anyone recommend me a game from that list? Is any of the DLC worth it?

#9068 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

That money is gone, man. I had to buy another lambo to make a color coordinated pair, and you can't just buy a lambo and not buy an eastern european babe to doll up the passenger seat.

He speaks the truth. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9069 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I bought Shogun 2 ad FOTS during the last sale and I'm now looking at the Total War games on sale. Could anyone recommend me a game from that list? Is any of the DLC worth it?

1. Empire
1. Napoleon
2. Rome
3. Medieval II

Empire and Napoleon are practically identical.

#9070 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm really pissed that Ridge Racer isn't 75% off

#9071 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Alright, banks are closed and I'm left with cash, needing PayPal to make a purchase. Anyone wanna help me out with $10 PayPal and I'll pay you back tomorrow when I can deposit some money?

Senks Sbiroz!

Edited by Severose, 01 January 2013 - 07:43 PM.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#9072 hubb

hubb

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

1. Empire
1. Napoleon
2. Rome
3. Medieval II

Rome 2 is the next total war game they are releasing if you want to hold off on the first one.

#9073 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

1. Empire
1. Napoleon
2. Rome
3. Medieval II

Empire and Napoleon are the newest. Napoleon is considered by many to fix most of the bugs in empire.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#9074 zillionandnine

zillionandnine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Trying to decide if I really want Max Payne 3 or if I'm just deal-starved (haven't played the first 2 either). That $5 coupon over at Amazon is making it more enticing too...

#9075 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

I would wait for Rome II. Shogun 2 is IMO the best game from TW series, so if you enjoy Japanese setting, just play it more. Especially, if you've got Rise and Fall of the Samurai DLCs.

#9076 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Alright, banks are closed and I'm left with cash, needing PayPal to make a purchase. Anyone wanna help me out with $10 PayPal and I'll pay you back tomorrow when I can deposit some money?

I would but I've already discussed why my PP isn't able to be used at all. Sorry :(

I know someone will help out tho.

#9077 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thinking about picking up Rage for $4.99 worth it?

#9078 tfr

tfr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

So there you have it, IkedaTeramusa. Gotta give Max Payne a second shot if you haven't already. And for being only $3.74 for the first two in the series, you can't lose.

all of you left out the constant need to save and load on purpose, didn't you? :roll:

but 3 is an amazing game if violence is your thing.

#9079 vince_carter

vince_carter

what's a panini

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

i can help you out bruh, pm me your paypal

Hand__Of__God.png

#9080 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

I don't get it though. It's a third person FPS? He's just... like a cop that is on the run right? Or is it the story that's so awesome? And does it hold up to the time test (could I start playing 1 today and not be fully aware the game is 10+ years old?)?

I haven't played it in a long time. I played it soon after it came out, actually. I will say I finished it and immediately started a second play-through--as in the credits ended and I started the new game. The story, the atmosphere, it was a great gaming experience.

#9081 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

i can help you out bruh, pm me your paypal

Sbiroz is helping me out, thanks though! :)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#9082 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm considering getting Max Payne 3 from Amazon as well but I haven't played the first two. I might pick up Rage even though I beat it on 360 already. I kind of feel like playing it again.

So far the only game that hasn't gone on sale that I really want to pick up is Clash of Heroes
Posted Image

#9083 bloodling

bloodling

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Thinking about picking up Rage for $4.99 worth it?

The graphics are great, the gameplay is a bit hit-or-miss depending on your tastes. Be warned that the game is more than 20gb.

#9084 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

It's like playing the Matrix, really. In fact, one of the most popular mods for it turned it into the mansion hallways from Matrix Reloaded.

It's a third person shooter with slow motion mechanics that allows you to dodge bullets and slow down time. The story is about a New York cop who walks in as his wife and baby are being murdered by drug addicts. This leads him to join the DEA where he stumbles across a conspiracy, and goes on a bloody warpath of revenge.

That's the first game. The second one isn't quite as awesome in story, but is even more awesome in gameplay.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#9085 Syntax Error

Syntax Error

Tortue d'Art

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Trying to decide if I really want Max Payne 3 or if I'm just deal-starved (haven't played the first 2 either).

Haha... I'm going through the same crisis with Risen 2 at GG. The "It'll be backlogged" part of my brain is fighting with the "Seven dollars! Deal!" part of my brain.

It'd probably be easier to just start smoking crack or something for my fixes. No one backlogs crack.

#9086 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I still don't understand why the Shogun 2 bundles are more expensive than their individual prices.

#9087 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Probably going to pass on MP3. Would run horribly on my system (yes my system is even older than asheskitty's) and... it doesn't really look that appealing in the first place. $10 is a great price but if it's routinely $15 now I'm sure it'll be that or cheaper in future sales. No rush.

#9088 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Oh yes you are. :lol:

Oh pshaw, no doom rails here, I don't even have coconut queen!

*needle scratch*

#9089 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

How is Anna? I'm interested in it for a being a horror game, but the trailer didn't really do much for me.

Giant Bomb had it in their top three worst, or was it most disappointing, games of 2012 if their opinion is worth anything to you.

#9090 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

It'd probably be easier to just start smoking crack or something for my fixes. No one backlogs crack.

Priceless... That is sig worthy...

I finally have a nice gaming rig and my steam library went from 4 to 25ish. I thought there were some nice deals especially if you are newer to steam.