Photo
- - - - -

The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16589 replies to this topic

#901 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Wow that is cool to see Vessel on the EC list from Amazon.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#902 plft

plft

Ploceus castaneiceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I bought Grimrock during the Summer Sale. I knew that it could be in a bundle before I played it, so I added it to my inventory. That way, I could still sell or trade it later. And now it's in HIB7... which has separate keys for each game. Oh well. Beat the average anyway to get the soundtrack with it. And it's charity, so yeah. Probably give the inventory copy to my wife. Or girlfriend.

DON'T LEAVE US HANGING, MAN!

The 'soundtrack' is very disappointing as a soundtrack. It's only the main theme. I'm glad I didn't BTA just for that.

Who else is pumped for some Rev2012 tomorrow? If anyone wants to play and is on my list already just message me on steam. I figure this is as good a time as any to dive into the world of mayan dancing.

#903 facls

facls

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

DNF got bashed pretty hard, and rightfully so given the dev time and its pedigree. It has its problems to be sure, but any hardcore FPS fan will eke a bit of fun out of it here and there. It isn't horribly broken or anything and there are definitely worse games out there. It's not as bad as the anti-hype that follows it anytime it is mentioned.

The first few levels of DNF are pretty bad. It gets better as it goes along though it never shines. However I did have fun on the Doctor Who Cloned Me DLC, it's much better than the base game.

#904 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Better go to sleep or I might miss a flash sale
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#905 Arben

Arben

notArtist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Good grief. I thought it had only been maybe 5 pages a day, then I get to the end and see the new thread with 46 pages already. And now I'm part of the problem!

#906 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yeah, this thread moves really fast and the sale hasn't even started. I'd bet 15 to 20 pages a day easy for the next week or so.

fs_overall.png

#907 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Morning guys. Almost 4 hours left, anticipation is building.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#908 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hi, guys.

EDIT: BGCQ.

#909 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Lost Planet is good. You should play it.

Lost planet is mediocre at best, you shouldn't play it.

Ok, the possible hidden gem is... Hinterland. I gave it a whirl last night and somehow lost a couple of hours. It's a relatively barebones ARPG set against the background of a town-building sim.

The King (sadly not Elvis) has made you his bitch and wants you I build him a worthy settlement. To that end you have to go out and about, laying waste to whatever evil crypts/bandit hideouts/wolf dens are on your doorstep and use your profit to build houses for your blacksmiths and farmers and so on.

Also included is a "fame" mechanic, the more you kill, the more your fame increases, the more likely you are to have a necromancer of a bard want to set up shop in your pokey little hamlet (you can leave them in town to earn you money, or have them come out adventuring with you). Fame also decreases if you get knocked-out/seriously wounded, so it's a two way thing.

It's not particularly deep but there's enough in there to keep my attention, I particularly liked the idea of planning how to upgrade my town.

At £6.99 and four years old, it's not unreasonable to think that we'll see it at around 75% off in the sale. It isn't perfect and won't suit everybody, but I really warmed to it.

P.s. some of us already got it from an Indie Royale bundle - it was mistakenly included with the Children Of The Nile key.

Sounds interesting, I'll keep my eye out for this one.

#910 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ok, the possible hidden gem is... Hinterland. I gave it a whirl last night and somehow lost a couple of hours. It's a relatively barebones ARPG set against the background of a town-building sim.

Sold on ARPG + Town Building Sim. I just realized, I stopped buying indie royale bundles. Last I bought was like 4-5 bundles ago.
Posted Image

#911 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I'm 20 lol

Well dammit now you got Idiotekque off the hook. Now I will have to find something else to bug him about. :-P

It's been in my backlog forever. I grabbed it on sale at one point on one of my big Steam sale crazy shopping sprees before I owned like half of the store and struggled to find anything to buy.

Sold on ARPG + Town Building Sim. I just realized, I stopped buying indie royale bundles. Last I bought was like 4-5 bundles ago.

I will have to try it. I still also need to try the multiplayer mode in Two Worlds II which apparently can be played solo just fine and has a town building scenario.

Who else is pumped for some Rev2012 tomorrow? If anyone wants to play and is on my list already just message me on steam. I figure this is as good a time as any to dive into the world of mayan dancing.

Revelations 2012! It's so craptacular. And I'm ready to dance. Yes that really is a part of the game.

#912 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

It's been in my backlog forever. I grabbed it on sale at one point on one of my big Steam sale crazy shopping sprees before I owned like half of the store and struggled to find anything to buy.

I have Hinterland on Direct2drive. Meaning I don't have it at all. Damn Gamefly!

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#913 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

I've been trying to convince myself that I'm still relatively young, but checking in on this thread now make me feel old. While technically "old enough" to see Star Wars, I did see The Empire Strikes Back In the theater. And I can actually say standing in an area I previously grew up in "this used to be farm land as far as I could see".

Edit: And how could you have never seen The Love Boat and Good Times? Really?!!! Next you'll say you've never seen my avatar?

#914 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Really?!!! Next you'll say you've never seen my avatar?

One of my fond memories of youth. . . right up there with the Hoff in Knight Rider.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#915 Preedatore

Preedatore

Hamburger Thread

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I think we should all make it our duty to buy an unknown game during the sale and report back with how it is. Imagine all the awesomeness we could unearth.

#916 Flowette

Flowette

Level 64 Tea Drinking Royalty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I think we should all make it our duty to buy an unknown game during the sale and report back with how it is. Imagine all the awesomeness we could unearth.

This.

Who knows, you might unearth the next Bad Rats. Imagine the geekcred!

#917 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

That's a fun idea.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#918 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

EDIT:
I don't think Steam will top that...
...unless we see a trolling w/ a Darksiders Franchise Pack like them and THQ did w/ SR:TT Franchise Pack did in this past Summer.

A Darksiders Franchise pack was added to the registry, so anything's possible. If they do beat the price though I'd only expect it to be by a few cents.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#919 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I have extra keys for the following games just in case they are on your buy list for the winter sale. PM me if you want anything.

Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Dark Fall: Lost Souls (may or may not work)
Just Cause 2
King's Bounty: The Legend
Majesty 2
Metro 2033
Psychonauts
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Supreme Commander
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Toki Tori

#920 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

I think this sells me on Crusader Kings II:

http://www.rockpaper...alendar-day-20/

Probably won't buy it on the current sale, but I'll consider it in the future.
Posted Image

#921 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi gang:

The sale starts in a few hours. I just wanted to post to say "good-bye" until the new year, because if this is what the thread looks like two days before the sale, there's no way to keep up while the sale is on. I'll miss you. *sniff*.

#922 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Amazon had it in a Paradox pack awhile back during summer. So if your not getting it this sale, look for a pack with it in.
Posted Image

#923 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

The 'soundtrack' is very disappointing as a soundtrack. It's only the main theme. I'm glad I didn't BTA just for that.

Good to know. I was considering going BTA (with the Grimrock soundtrack as a tipping factor since I already have the game itself) but now I won't bother. :)

What time is this going to be? (With timezone, please. ;))

#924 imac2much

imac2much

The Angry Baker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm really hoping for a sale on Half Minute Hero. I'd love to play through that game again on my PC, but only if it's $2.50 or less. I get the feeling it won't be on Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice list in January :)
Posted Image

#925 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Amazon had it in a Paradox pack awhile back during summer. So if your not getting it this sale, look for a pack with it in.

Or better yet, check the Steam trade thread, you might be able to find it for pretty cheap. Amazon has sold packs with CKII and othergames for $10 or less I think so that would be your best bet if you don't want to deal with a trade.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#926 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I'm really hoping for a sale on Half Minute Hero. I'd love to play through that game again on my PC, but only if it's $2.50 or less. I get the feeling it won't be on Amazon's 2012 Editor's Choice list in January :)

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a definite thing, as the list is live: http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000728511

Obviously we don't know what the prices will be in January, but those are the games that will qualify.

#927 kmy

kmy

Roll Tide

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Can I get an invite to CAG group? account name is jcmproch

#928 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

What are the odds of Far Cry 3 for less than 33% off?

#929 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

Here's hoping that there is a pricing glitch like in the Summer Sale at the start. God. What was the game that had the huge discount at the start? I thought it was a Star Wars game but I'm not sure. I had it in my cart but didn't pull the trigger. Then they corrected the price....

40 years old and my memory is toast.....

Ahhhhh yes. It was all the STALKER games. They started the sale at 75% off and then moved back to 50% after the first hour.

#930 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Can I get an invite to CAG group? account name is jcmproch

You mean this CAG group?